CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Have you tried playing the raid 500 times for a chance at a 320 Ghost shell?

I can get to 320 light if I do the Golg Challenge and get a chest piece...but meh, 319 is enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At first it seemed cool but now i just hate the new light system..

Gets new cool weapon.. oh the light is shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have no idea why, I am normally decent in the crucible, and have gone flawless in Trials, but I absolutely suck at Iron Banner. Literally I fucking blow. K/D is constantly below 1.0, and placing last on my team. I don't understand. I think I have a mental block. 

Rough time for Destiny right now.  It is pretty much a waiting game at this point for Destiny 2.

A new Valentine's Day is dropping in February....."yay"

And then from there the only big think coming is sometime in April(ish) - but we have no idea what it is.  I'm really hoping it is another Raid.

So, is destiny 2 going to be another expansion?  Or a brand new game altogether?  

So, is destiny 2 going to be another expansion?  Or a brand new game altogether?  

New game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New game.

Damn.  Kind of makes me feel like buying the TTK wasn't worth it.  I played a little Destiny before at a friends, would hit his house on weekends and lvl an alt on his tag.  Bought TTK when it launched and idk was basically dunzo a little over a month into it.  was like 317 light before I stopped.

I guess coming out with a sequel and not another expansion means they don't wanna stick to the idea of the game being an MMO.  Hopefully Destiny 2 has some better content that can last.  Destiny in theory is a great game, just the lack of content for the meta of the game has just been a let down, at least to me.  I enjoyed the pvp even with its few unbalanced bits(shotties.)  But the PVE just got stale, and the raids just left something to be desired.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Damn.  Kind of makes me feel like buying the TTK wasn't worth it.  I played a little Destiny before at a friends, would hit his house on weekends and lvl an alt on his tag.  Bought TTK when it launched and idk was basically dunzo a little over a month into it.  was like 317 light before I stopped.

I guess coming out with a sequel and not another expansion means they don't wanna stick to the idea of the game being an MMO.  Hopefully Destiny 2 has some better content that can last.  Destiny in theory is a great game, just the lack of content for the meta of the game has just been a let down, at least to me.  I enjoyed the pvp even with its few unbalanced bits(shotties.)  But the PVE just got stale, and the raids just left something to be desired.

Yeah. I think the plan was to always do this:

Game, DLC, DLC, major expansion - repeat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. I think the plan was to always do this:

Game, DLC, DLC, major expansion - repeat.

Hmmm.  Well I just hope they learn from the mistakes from this go around.  Like I said before I think its a great game in theory.  But as an mmo player, if they are going to do mmo things...they need to step it up.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really enjoyed TTK for a solid 2 months, but then things just became stale.  They continually struggle with longevity.  That is the main problem with MMOs is trying to keep things relevant and keep the players feeling like they have endless things to do.

I can still play Destiny for fun by doing Crucible but at the end of the day the game has No Ranking System for me to work towards or anything that would make me want to continue the grind.  Especially after acquiring all the gear that I need. 

Hoping they can solve some of these issues with Destiny 2 but it's tough.  It's tough to produce content at a pace that most people want.  It is okay for a game to have a downtime period, it is pretty much avoidable, but it seems like this downtime is pretty significant. 

I just with Bungie would be more transparent with us, but it's not like they were with Halo sooooo yeahh.

I really enjoyed TTK for a solid 2 months, but then things just became stale.  They continually struggle with longevity.  That is the main problem with MMOs is trying to keep things relevant and keep the players feeling like they have endless things to do.

I can still play Destiny for fun by doing Crucible but at the end of the day the game has No Ranking System for me to work towards or anything that would make me want to continue the grind.  Especially after acquiring all the gear that I need. 

Hoping they can solve some of these issues with Destiny 2 but it's tough.  It's tough to produce content at a pace that most people want.  It is okay for a game to have a downtime period, it is pretty much avoidable, but it seems like this downtime is pretty significant. 

I just with Bungie would be more transparent with us, but it's not like they were with Halo sooooo yeahh.

Yea, this game needs a serious over haul.  Do they just not have the personnel to get things done?  Ive seen smaller dev teams crank out more content than what they've been bringing.  IDK.  Hopefully with destiny 2(which imo they shouldn't even be doing, they should just do another expansion with patches, unless D2 is going to be 60fps) they can learn from the botches of Destiny.  

Honestly, i've always wanted bungie to bring back Marathon.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, this game needs a serious over haul.  Do they just not have the personnel to get things done?  Ive seen smaller dev teams crank out more content than what they've been bringing.  IDK.  Hopefully with destiny 2(which imo they shouldn't even be doing, they should just do another expansion with patches, unless D2 is going to be 60fps) they can learn from the botches of Destiny.  

Honestly, i've always wanted bungie to bring back Marathon.

I've read things saying (and this is not 100% confirmed) but Devs at Bungie have complained about how horrendous the coding is for Destiny.  Making very small changes in game take 100s of hours to render. 

In the last few months Bungie decided to go with the format that @@Moa talked about earlier  - so as of right now their entire team is working on Destiny 2.  They have set aside a small "Live Team" which is made up of a handful of employees to put out smaller events until D2.  (This is similar to what 343i did with MCC, they kept around a Live Team to push updates, playlist tweaking, etc.)

Bungie desperately needs to figure things out though with how to release content.  I know they have another company they work alongside with (can't think of the name) but it's similar to the way Certain Affinity creates maps for Halo alongside 343i. But Bungie needs either allow that company to ramp up making content or something.  

I haven't touched Destiny since Halo 5 launched. I just played to much of it and I was burnt out. I haven't even done everything in TTK or reached max light level, but I've done enough to satisfy myself. 

It has been 4.5 months since the release of TTK and there hasn't been any talks about the next expansion (AKA Destiny 2). This much downtime is due to either;

A.) Bungie/Activision have no direction or map for the longevity of the game due to how massive Destiny is, thus they are still figuring out how to make the lackluster story better (it has gotten better since the DLCs have been released). On top of that, how are they going to fix the games issues now with thousands of weapons and gear, then add more, and try to balance that all out in PvE/PvP.

B.) Bungie are finished with the game contents basic story details that they are holding off announcing to make sure that we get blown away with the reveal. By doing this, we will fall into their trap and throw more money at them for Destiny 2 (I know I will). This is a big gamble that Bungie are taking by waiting this long to give us any information on the future of Destiny. 

Those are my thoughts on everything. I just want to know more information about the next chapter of Destiny before I lose all interest in the game and decide to never go back. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A new raid would be dope. Halo 5 is just a casual game for me at this point 

I loled at this.  Destiny is the king of casual shooters.

They just need to look at how other mmos release content and try to work along with those ideas.  An actual hard raid(Kings fall hard mode was a fucking joke). a new major set of content every 6 months with small updates every 2-3.   Major patch > small patch(cosmetics, maybe some maps, quests.) > major patch(up the light level, new raid tier, new weapons.)    etc etc etc.

They have the right idea, fix the code if thats the problem(which tbh that sounds lame as fuck.) and try to keep pumping out content to keep the community actually wanting to log in to play.  Hell, if they added a sub fee to keep the content coming, i'd totally pay it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I loled at this.  Destiny is the king of casual shooters.

They just need to look at how other mmos release content and try to work along with those ideas.  An actual hard raid(Kings fall hard mode was a fucking joke). a new major set of content every 6 months with small updates every 2-3.   Major patch > small patch(cosmetics, maybe some maps, quests.) > major patch(up the light level, new raid tier, new weapons.)    etc etc etc.

They have the right idea, fix the code if thats the problem(which tbh that sounds lame as fuck.) and try to keep pumping out content to keep the community actually wanting to log in to play.  Hell, if they added a sub fee to keep the content coming, i'd totally pay it.

I mean yeah Destiny is a casual game but I'd disagree that the raids are too easy. They become easy when you do them ten times but the first few times are difficult. Its silly how you have to grind them for light.

A solution I have would be to make the raids harder and longer and not have random loot drops. Like you choose what gear you want from the chests. And if you want to go back and get the other loot you didn't select then you can go do it again, but no need to grind them.

I mean it's pretty clear they have no long term plans for Destiny 1 right now. With the rumour going around recently that Destiny 2 was delayed from September 2016 to Spring 2017, it sounds like they are going to make some sort of announcement at E3 in June or a PlayStation event. 

That's the reason they're being so silent - they can't flat out say we've got nothing coming except these shitty events which just add more microtransactions, nor can we announce our next big project until we get the go ahead from Activision.

I mean yeah Destiny is a casual game but I'd disagree that the raids are too easy. They become easy when you do them ten times but the first few times are difficult. Its silly how you have to grind them for light.

A solution I have would be to make the raids harder and longer and not have random loot drops. Like you choose what gear you want from the chests. And if you want to go back and get the other loot you didn't select then you can go do it again, but no need to grind them.

They should still have loot drops, but you should also get tokens.  with enough tokens you should be able to trade them in for a drop.  so instead of doing the raid X amount of times for 0 upgrade, you can turn in X amount of tokens and get at least 1 piece you need.

And the raids really are easy.  They dont take much to figure out aside from some common sense.  I'm used to raids being a gigantic dps check while doing mechanics etc.  It was just, jump here, shoot this, jump here, shoot that.  The only thing that could have made it challenging was being undergeared.

Golgoroth was possibly the toughest fight.  but they cheesed it out so fast.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They should still have loot drops, but you should also get tokens.  with enough tokens you should be able to trade them in for a drop.  so instead of doing the raid X amount of times for 0 upgrade, you can turn in X amount of tokens and get at least 1 piece you need.

And the raids really are easy.  They dont take much to figure out aside from some common sense.  I'm used to raids being a gigantic dps check while doing mechanics etc.  It was just, jump here, shoot this, jump here, shoot that.  The only thing that could have made it challenging was being undergeared.

I've never played a video game with real raids. Like I've played MMOs before that have quests but nothing that required a ton of communication and teamwork. 

Golgoroth was possibly the toughest fight.  but they cheesed it out so fast.

My biggest issue with the raids was the timing between Normal and Hard Mode and "Challenge Mode".  I'm all for time gating things, but it took too long for all these to be released.  The Challenge Modes were a complete joke.  And on Hard Modes, having no revives is just ******** when the game is full of excessive RNG and horrible networking issues.

I've never played a video game with real raids. Like I've played MMOs before that have quests but nothing that required a ton of communication and teamwork. 

Some of my most memorable gaming moments come from World of Warcraft raiding.  Back in Vanilla WoW with 40 - man raids soo much communication and teamwork.

Oh the times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My biggest issue with the raids was the timing between Normal and Hard Mode and "Challenge Mode".  I'm all for time gating things, but it took too long for all these to be released.  The Challenge Modes were a complete joke.  And on Hard Modes, having no revives is just ******** when the game is full of excessive RNG and horrible networking issues.

i honestly thought hm was a joke beating it  with no real problem.  (i waited until the people raced for world 1st to do it to see the difference in NM to HM.  barely any made it quite sad.)  didn't even take a pug more than a few wipes to do it.  then the cheese strats later next week.  HM was a joke altogether.  Their is no hardcore content, hell, there is barely any midcore content.  they need to start catering to the hardcore.  Even datto looks bored as shit playing this game.

well, they did just get rid of breakout, which is essential the same thing, so i wouldn't be too hopeful.

Adding reviving to it like Elimination would be huge and make for way more entertaining/strategic game play.

Not the same thing at all.

Adding reviving to it like Elimination would be huge and make for way more entertaining/strategic game play.

Not the same thing at all.

Idk.  I think its an ok Destiny mechanic.  Not sure how it would work in Halo.