CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I killed Oryx last night on my alt and had 20+ moldering shards for extra drops. My extra drops were the pulse and shotgun, both of which i already had. 

Typical rng -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully you'll get the Ghost shell from the raid on another character or after reset, 300+ and it looks sick.

Yeah I haven't even started on my hunter.  I really don't want to have to play through story again,

I take back what i said about the hand cannon. I forgot about cacoon. Still would much rather have a scout or pulse rifle though. Didn't even think about touch of malice against the Deathsingers and Oryx. Gotta try that sometime this week.

Deathsingers are the easiest part of the Raid for experienced players, but hands down impossible to grasp for newbies, whether it be landing the jumps, getting the platforms in the right order, or killing adds after the Hymns go off, no one seems to get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of experienced players....

I would love to get together a group of guys who can run 9pm on tuesdays..... im not talking about being military serious but a group who knows their class, how to optimize their output. knows the fights who can be on at 830-9pm, get in, clear the content without much interuption, and get out....

looking at some of you guys....

cough cough* @@Moa

cough cough* @@Infinity

anyone who is interested.. DM me, i want to put together a well balanced geared group..

message me with your class/light and your personal raid progression.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Deathsingers are the easiest part of the Raid for experienced players, but hands down impossible to grasp for newbies, whether it be landing the jumps, getting the platforms in the right order, or killing adds after the Hymns go off, no one seems to get it.

It really is frustrating because if you can't get that part then there is no way that you can beat Oryx. My favorite part is that I'm usually the guy that kills adds or replaces someone when they die but I'm the ONLY ONE shooting everything. It really is simple. If you're getting shot, by all means shoot them back and help. Don't just stand there. Same goes for the Deathsingers. Kill things on your way to your platform. 

I would love to get together a group of guys who can run 9pm on tuesdays..... im not talking about being military serious but a group who knows their class, how to optimize their output. knows the fights who can be on at 830-9pm, get in, clear the content without much interuption, and get out....

cough cough* @@Moa

cough cough* @@Infinity

anyone who is interested.. DM me, i want to put together a well balanced geared group..

Crumpet @@Moa is on some weird hybrid between English and American time, so he's MIA a lot.

I have a pretty solid group with some friends but if you add me and invite me close to resets, odds are I will join. I absolutely LOVE talking synergy and builds for this Raid, it makes things very efficient.

Crumpet @@Moa is on some weird hybrid between English and American time, so he's MIA a lot.

I have a pretty solid group with some friends but if you add me and invite me close to resets, odds are I will join. I absolutely LOVE talking synergy and builds for this Raid, it makes things very efficient.

my buddy and i are very serious about maximizing our output and using our abilities together to clear this content as efficiently as possible. We play with other real life friends who pretend to share the same interest but when it comes time to do the content, they lay down.... we wanna find other players to consistently run these raids with. get in, kill bosses, get loot, get out.

It really is frustrating because if you can't get that part then there is no way that you can beat Oryx. My favorite part is that I'm usually the guy that kills adds or replaces someone when they die but I'm the ONLY ONE shooting everything. It really is simple. If you're getting shot, by all means shoot them back and help. Don't just stand there. Same goes for the Deathsingers. Kill things on your way to your platform.

It's easier with oryx though because you can have a designated runner whereas with deathsingers you don't have a choice. We found its easiest if the runner has a sword because he can deal with the knight by himself usually once he steals the band and the rest can shoot adds with the Titan popping a bubble to eliminate adds on half the map. The group I was with had a guy that was honestly a huge fuck up but he was leader and a couple guys were his friends so they were bitching him out hardcore. The rest of us were patient. But the dude made a lot of stupid mistakes like absolutely forgetting to jump on his platform or setting off his bomb immediately. The one run he didn't fuck up at all we beat oryx.

my buddy and i are very serious about maximizing our output and using our abilities together to clear this content as efficiently as possible. We play with other real life friends who pretend to share the same interest but when it comes time to do the content, they lay down.... we wanna find other players to consistently run these raids with. get in, kill bosses, get loot, get out.

GT -> Di v0rt3xx,  ill pew pew and kill monsters  very, very fast. :)

307 light 

cough cough* @@Moa

cough cough* @@Infinity

I'm down. Tuesdays though I would probably not get on till right about 9 your time. But I know all the roles. As of right now though only my warlock is high enough and I usually run sunsinger for the self res and the wizards where you power the glyph. The multi nades work well on ogres too.

cough cough* @@Moa

cough cough* @@Infinity

I have to be honest back in VoG I was friends with really skilled players that I raided with. Made it a walk in the park. At one point we had the world record for VoG. The fact that I just beat the raid with randos off of r/fireteams I think was a big accomplishment.

Like you don't have to be a hero to be good at the raid. Do your job and if someone needs a little help give it to them. Buy tons of special and heavy ammo and use that shit. 

Doesn't matter how good you are you will mess up. Learn from what happened and say my bad and try again. When you keep messing up then you're just not good enough.

Anyways I've only done it once so I don't know it like the back of my hand but I'm a 300 warlock (have a 310 helmet that I can't use till I get a legendary chest piece to replace my exotic lol). My buddy who would probably want to join in and does his job is a 299 titan. He was kinda the week point in my teams back in VoG but thats prolly just me giving him a hard time. He's actually gotten a lot better.

8:30 PM EST would be great

This is my ideal Raid composition:

• 2 Nighthawk Slingers (Over The Horizon for Oryx)
  • 1 Sunbreaker w/ Melting Point
  • 1 Defender w/ Weapons
  • 2 Nightstalkers, one with Quiver/Courage, one with Black Hole/Light

You could also replace one of the Nighthawks or Nightstalkers with a Stormcaller or Sunsinger for add management in certain encounters.

The exotic sword grind was worse than i though. Void kills as a nightsalker wasnt terrible but running around mars farming relic iron fucking blows. Even with keen scout and a ghost shell it took for fucking ever. 

Cant wait to kill alak hul and his butt buddy tomorrow. 

The exotic sword grind was worse than i though. Void kills as a nightsalker wasnt terrible but running around mars farming relic iron fucking blows. Even with keen scout and a ghost shell it took for fucking ever. 

Cant wait to kill alak hul and his butt buddy tomorrow. 

Blood Bound would make Void kills pretty easy, I would assume?

I'm trying to grind Helium Filaments for the Solar Sword.

Me too, I have like one of these stupid things

Yea it wasnt too bad once i figured out the easiest way. Blood bound and envenomed along with Monte Carlo and Young Ahamkaras Grasps farming Seige of the Warmind for 45 minutes. 

I dont envy having to farm the moon either.

I'll have all three characters over 300 this weekend. I can't fucking wait to raid with my Hunter. 

How?  I'm just getting rubbish drops on both my characters.  Heavy and ghost shell are holding me back on both.  But I got my hunter to 292 so hopefully I can find a raid group willing to let me roll with them.