CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I don't mean to be hostile here.

But I genuinely don't get people when they say this. We know what we paid for and what was promised in the Season/Expansion Pass. Taken King is a new experience and they could have honestly charged me $60 and I would have still understood the value.

It isn't a paywall. You experienced Year 1 with the price you paid then. Now we are starting Year 2 at an even cheaper rate. There are some issues with people who only bought original Destiny (locked out to some content like Nightfalls, Vendors) but they are a minuscule minority.

TL;DR: New content needs to be paid for, it isn't a pay wall.

He's not complaining about content costing money, he's complaining that he didn't feel that he got enough content without paying for money. I went into detail of this in a Marty/Bungie thread in the Halo forum

I have done all of that. All 3 of my characters are level 34 (they were all 32 before HoW) and I've done everything there is to do in Destiny, TDB, and HoW over and over again. The main reason I played the game is because there's nothing else out on the Xbox One. With that said, Bungie/Activision's business model to their loyal fans is laughably bad. Is the game fun? Very. Have they improved it with "free" updates? Yes. Did those who pay $60 at launch ever get a full game without having to pay another $40? Not in any way. Yes, the updates are free, but they don't affect in any way the problems that the vanilla owners have, lack of content.

And to the respond to the usual "If you hate it, why did you buy it?" responses. Because there's been a huge dry spell of games I enjoy since this generation started and Destiny happened to be a co-op game that I can play with my friends. I'm glad I did though so my criticism of this game isn't immediately dropped because "you haven't tried it!" Oh I have, as much as you can. I have maxed out characters, a shit ton of maxed Exotics, and I know all the strats for Hard VoG, Hard CE, Skolas, and all the strikes. Just because you enjoy a game, doesn't mean  the developer is doing everything perfectly. In Destiny 2, do you really want to pay for another $60 title that doesn't feel such unless you drop another $40? If you don't, don't defend on how Bungie managed the content in this game.

Again, I'm not criticizing Destiny, I'm criticizing how Bungie managed the content with DLC and let the vanilla owners hanging out to dry.

I don't mean to be hostile here.

But I genuinely don't get people when they say this. We know what we paid for and what was promised in the Season/Expansion Pass. Taken King is a new experience and they could have honestly charged me $60 and I would have still understood the value.

It isn't a paywall. You experienced Year 1 with the price you paid then. Now we are starting Year 2 at an even cheaper rate. There are some issues with people who only bought original Destiny (locked out to some content like Nightfalls, Vendors) but they are a minuscule minority.

TL;DR: New content needs to be paid for, it isn't a pay wall.

Don't worry no offense taken.

The ironic thing is I bought the digital collectors edition at launch so I really had no idea what I was paying for which granted is my fault. However, paying $90 for content that most of the destiny community would consider lackluster in a lot of areas isn't what I expected. 

I call it a pay wall because like @@EagleBurn said,I feel I didn't get the experience I deserved in year 1 without having to pay more money. The Taken King is a night and day difference from Year 1 and all its DLC, and while the updates help the game, it doesn't change how bad the experience can still be to people outside of the dlc. So yes I do think I was locked behind a paywall because I never got an interesting campaign, npcs, and totally new areas with the revamped character system which in turn only enhances the rest of the content further like TTK gives us.

I've been wanting to support this game more and I think this dlc is a step in the right direction on where to take the franchise. I'm just upset i've spent $130 to get an enjoyable experience I assumed I would have gotten at launch and with the first two expansions. I'm all for spending money on more content, I just dislike spending money to pay for a better version of the game I already own.

Don't worry no offense taken.

The ironic thing is I bought the digital collectors edition at launch so I really had no idea what I was paying for which granted is my fault. However, paying $90 for content that most of the destiny community would consider lackluster in a lot of areas isn't what I expected. 

I call it a pay wall because like @@EagleBurn said,I feel I didn't get the experience I deserved in year 1 without having to pay more money. The Taken King is a night and day difference from Year 1 and all its DLC, and while the updates help the game, it doesn't change how bad the experience can still be to people outside of the dlc. So yes I do think I was locked behind a paywall because I never got an interesting campaign, npcs, and totally new areas with the revamped character system which in turn only enhances the rest of the content further like TTK gives us.

I've been wanting to support this game more and I think this dlc is a step in the right direction on where to take the franchise. I'm just upset i've spent $130 to get an enjoyable experience I assumed I would have gotten at launch and with the first two expansions. I'm all for spending money on more content, I just dislike spending money to pay for a better version of the game I already own.

Yeah, it sucks that Year 1 had it's ups and downs, but because of how unique Destiny is, everyone tends to critique it under a different microscope.

If I spent $99 on Halo 4 and then $99 on Halo 5, I'm not going to cast judgement on H4 because of its lackluster gameplay or map packs, even though Halo 5 is vastly superior. You have to treat them as separate experiences.

Same thing with Destiny, yes its disappointing that Year 1 wasn't as good as it could have been (even though it was still pretty damn fun, had its ups and downs), but it was its own experience.

If anything we should be happy that Year 2 is at an even cheaper value.

So with the new week today apparently there's a new court of oryx tier 3 boss.

THERE IS

A BABY CROTA

SO CUTE

• Upvote (+1) 1

THERE IS

A BABY CROTA

SO CUTE

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that TTK is basically: Shoot & Loot: The Game. Narrated by Nathan Fillion.

I'm okay with this.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that TTK is basically: Shoot & Loot: The Game. Narrated by Nathan Fillion.

I'm okay with this.

I was always thinking about that in destiny. You are literally shooting forever. Just constantly holding down or hitting the trigger.

The nightfall loot has been garbage for me.  I don't see a reason to do it anymore.  Anyone know a better way to get a good artifact or heavy weapon?  I'm stuck at 288-289 due to those 2 items.  Did about 20 strikes yesterday and got nothing useful.

Anyone know if it's possible to buy upgrade materials?  Need to upgrade my hereafter.  Thing is beast.

Also, got the darkblade helm yesterday but it was for a Titan. 299 armor on it.  I have never seen a piece of gear directly related to a strike boss before.  But I don't have a Titan so I infused it with my stag helmet.

Also, Nathan Fillion is GOAT.

Also also, WTF is court of Oryx?  And WTF do I do with those rune things I have.

@@msnjah I'm at 295 light and haven't sniffed the raid yet. Idk I've just done quests, heroic strikes, court of oryx. Probably gotten a bit luckier than most. 

The court of oryx is where you use those runes to summon bosses. Its on the dreadnaught.

Is it the same as POE?  Or do you go to a certain area and use the rune?  And what does it give you?  I have a legenadry one that says some crap.

I haven't unlocked patrol on the dreadnaught yet, need to do the mission.

anyone want to run the raid at 8pm mountain time? I have never done it before, and would actually prefer if I do it with people who haven't done it before  :)

GT: Bionic Cell

Is it the same as POE?  Or do you go to a certain area and use the rune?  And what does it give you?  I have a legenadry one that says some crap.

I haven't unlocked patrol on the dreadnaught yet, need to do the mission.

Engrams, keys and more runes.

Did court of oryx today which got me a legendary artifact so I'm finally over 290.  Now to find time for the raid. . .

That baby crota tho. . . his shield gen is ridiculous.

Wednesday 9pm EST

Fresh King's Fall run taking place. Please add me on xbl Philthhy and send me a message that you'll be on and interested.

If you don't know the fights we will teach you; just come prepared and focused.... not a fan of trying to teach those who don't want to learn. :)

If there's room for me I'm down.  Read guides for the raid so I kind of know what to expect.  GT Slaughterrmelon

That touch of malice... seems awesome but the steps to get it don't seem worth it.

Did court of oryx today which got me a legendary artifact so I'm finally over 290.  Now to find time for the raid. . .

That baby crota tho. . . his shield gen is ridiculous.

dude you beat it?

and yeah I am still down for the raid tonight. Hopefully I stay awake the god damn fire alarm went off in my building at 2 am last night and we had to evacuate for a false alarm.

Post Nerf BlackHammer. Good for collection.

Exotic 310. Better than collection.

BH was broken pre-nerf. Post-nerf still god tier even for an Exotic.

So the last part of the exotic sword quest is to do this strike and kill three wardens and the boss within 30 seconds of each other. It's about nightfall difficulty and it's a separate strike with its own matchmaking.  Cool so I thought since it had its own matchmaking people would know whats up.

Get to boss after 30 minutes or so. All is going well. We have two wardens down to low health so we can kill them later. Then out of nowhere one of the guys just kills him.. Had to leave without finishing I am so annoyed now. I don't even think I'll attempt it again without people I know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the last part of the exotic sword quest is to do this strike and kill three wardens and the boss within 30 seconds of each other. It's about nightfall difficulty and it's a separate strike with its own matchmaking.  Cool so I thought since it had its own matchmaking people would know whats up.

Get to boss after 30 minutes or so. All is going well. We have two wardens down to low health so we can kill them later. Then out of nowhere one of the guys just kills him.. Had to leave without finishing I am so annoyed now. I don't even think I'll attempt it again without people I know.

rough

Gonna get that black spindle later 

Exotic 310. Better than collection.

BH was broken pre-nerf. Post-nerf still god tier even for an Exotic.

Not when I have a 310 Hereafter ;)