CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Not a Sony fan, but I was impressed with their E3 Conference. 

But Microsoft has Halo, and I will follow Halo's Home.  Since there is going to be a Halo(5), I'll be buying the XBox One and playing Destiny on it.  Not sure I'll grab the console at launch since there isn't a single game that has me having to buy it asap. 

Not a Sony fan, but I was impressed with their E3 Conference. 

But Microsoft has Halo, and I will follow Halo's Home.  Since there is going to be a Halo(5), I'll be buying the XBox One and playing Destiny on it.  Not sure I'll grab the console at launch since there isn't a single game that has me having to buy it asap. 

Yeah, Forza 5 is looking to be a $500 game right now. MS and Sony will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to convince me to get a launch console.

I voted Xbox 360.  Currently I don't want to be buying the Xbox One, but I'm not a big fan of Sony, but I'll wait and see what develops over the next few months, and make a decision at a later date.  

I honestly don't know. I want Xbox specifically for Halo, and the multiplayer experience, since I only really play online anyways..but I must say sony creamed microsoft at e3 from what I saw..ps4 currently has the upper hand rather the xbox one for me right now, maybe that'll change in the near future though..don't plan on buying a new console this year anyways.

It's sad that people will buy the Xbox One, when Destiny will be optimal on PS4, have exclusive content, and overall be a better system than the PS4. I know that Halo is still on the XBO, but I can't see how anyone can support that system. I'll stick to PS4/PC for Destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I honestly don't know. I want Xbox specifically for Halo, and the multiplayer experience, since I only really play online anyways..but I must say sony creamed microsoft at e3 from what I saw..ps4 currently has the upper hand rather the xbox one for me right now, maybe that'll change in the near future though..don't plan on buying a new console this year anyways.

Games wise, I'd say Microsoft trumped Sony.  The only real highlights from Sony's conference was Watch Dogs (also on X1), Destiny (also on X1), and of course the complete nut shot of $399 Price tag, offline play, and used games.

Games wise, I'd say Microsoft trumped Sony.  The only real highlights from Sony's conference was Watch Dogs (also on X1), Destiny (also on X1), and of course the complete nut shot of $399 Price tag, offline play, and used games.

The Xbox comes with the Kinect, which bumps up the price.  I'm not one for using Kinect, so I don't like the fact that I have to buy it if I want the console.  However, if you are likely to use Kinect, it may be more worth it. 

Bungie have been pretty solid with PvP in the past so Im sure they have a plan with Destiny. Nevertheless it will be interesting to see how/what they release going forward.

360. Not buying next-gen. No exclusives at launch justify a $400/$500 console, especially since I have a high-end PC. I may buy one if Black Tusk's IP or Halo 5 look phenomenal, but only before they release (a bundle if available).

Not necessarily. Most games that are coming to Xbox One are also coming to PC, such as Titanfall. PS4 features > Xbox features, also, they weren't nut shots, it was just them stating their business model which most seem to prefer.

The Xbox comes with the Kinect, which bumps up the price.  I'm not one for using Kinect, so I don't like the fact that I have to buy it if I want the console.  However, if you are likely to use Kinect, it may be more worth it. 

100% there with you, I don't like being forced to buy/use the device.

Not necessarily. Most games that are coming to Xbox One are also coming to PC, such as Titanfall. PS4 features > Xbox features, also, they weren't nut shots, it was just them stating their business model which most seem to prefer.

How do you figure PS4 Features are better??? And their business model was to punk out XBox.  They said you can play used games...but when really it is only Sony made games, and the 3rd party publishers make their own decision, just like MSFT.  They also didn't talk about how to play multiplayer you have to be PS+ member. 

IDK I just feel like people are jumping the gun to say Sony is soooo much better and that they won E3.  Biggest standout for me personally is the price difference.

you guys know that Ps4 will have elusive DLC + ingame stuff

Yup.

How do you figure PS4 Features are better??? And their business model was to punk out XBox.  They said you can play used games...but when really it is only Sony made games, and the 3rd party publishers make their own decision, just like MSFT.  They also didn't talk about how to play multiplayer you have to be PS+ member. 

IDK I just feel like people are jumping the gun to say Sony is soooo much better and that they won E3.  Biggest standout for me personally is the price difference.

Well, your console won't become a paperweight if you don't connect it to the internet it once every 24 hours, still has the music, video, movies, but doesn't require the PS+ service, has a company that doesn't gouge you at every screen, and overall has just as solid a library as XBO, if not better. Most games that you can't play on XBO you can play on PC, such as Titanfall, and with Bungie and other companies developing exclusive content for PS4, unless you're a dudebro that loves football, why get a XBO?

Xbox one no doubt. The online will be amazing on it.

I can't think of a reason to buy a next generation console at the moment. The only game I would play on Xone is Halo 5, but the game won't come out for a long time. I might just get Destiny for the 360 to be honest.

Xbox 360, I'm gonna wait to see which console will be most favoritable for me after release.

Xbox one will have dedicated servers so that's one reason for me.

At this point, I have no reason to purchase a next-gen console so I will most likely be playing Destiny on X360.  My decision may change depending on how decent H5 looks when we start seeing gameplay.

dead rising 3, Halo , sunset overdrive. all MUST have XBone...might as well destiny be on Xbone with the better quality in it too....

Wouldn't it be sick if they are able to mix the servers of Xbox 360 and Xbone, so people playing on xbone can play with people on 360 XD