CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I actually almost like Titanfall over Destiny for PVP. I love the fact I can get shot from behind and wall bounce while clawing and out-shoot someone. Same goes for hoppinsawg into a Titan and out maneuvering multiple other titans in a 2v1 or 3v1 situation.

Here's what I've said about Destiny. It's every shooter in the last 5 years to come out, stripped of anything completely original and all balled up into one FPS. They've taken just about all the abilities from other games, and reduced any skill involved with them. The Glider can't out-maneuver shit like in Shadowrun. I still haven't seen the teleport feature to comment on. The game FORCES you to ADS just about the whole time. The overall balance of the game just seems like there is none. We complained about Halo's sandbox and loadouts, and now we're stuck with it again, just less of a Halo form and more of a CoD form. I had really, really hoped to salvage something in this game. I figured there were skill inducing abilities, but I haven't found them. The specials are just get out of jail free cards and the most skill inducing one gives you 3 shots with a 1 shot kill pistol with incredible auto-aim.

Maybe it's more fun with a team of 6, but even with a couple of friends I find the crucible to be incredibly lack-luster.

The Co-Op is a lot of fun. I just can't comment on whether or not you should get it for that. I really enjoyed borderlands, and if you did then pick it up! Plaing the PVE with friends is a lot of fun, and I'm a Shadowrun/HaloCE/MNC or die kinda guy. I literally picked this game up to give me something to hold me over till MCC. Honestly though, I don't know if it will retain my interest all the way till then

Can I ask you something? Just what were you expecting from this competitive multiplayer? I feel like people don't understand that when companies say "competitive multiplayer" that they mean it in the sense that you are fighting against other people in a competition to see who is the better player/team/whatever. They don't mean that it is a highly competitive, balanced game. Just because it is Bungie, doesn't mean that it is going to play like Halo or feel like Halo or be anything like Halo. Complaining about the Halo sandbox and loadouts has no real bearing on a completely different game.

I just don't understand why people expected a Halo clone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One thing I will say about the PvP that I actually like - the kill times for an ADS game are just long enough to make encounters feel personal and to allow headshots to be somewhat important without being so long that they hurt the pace. CoD AW or Titanfall would likely benefit notably from Destiny-esque kill times rather than those traditionally found in Infinity Ward CoD games.

Finally I get around to actually posting about my thoughts on Destiny.

TLDR: I love the game.

Honestly, aside from some PvP gripes (No custom games/ranking system/spectator mode) and balance issues (Armor of light being more stupid than bubble shields, shotguns being overpowered, too much auto rifle use) I really enjoy it. I do wish there was a CTF mode, but as a start, the five game modes to bring a lot of enjoyment to me. 

In terms of the story, I found it pretty good for a MMO story, as you it is difficult to have an all encompassing story when you have different classes/races/genders, but for the most part, the story was good, especially brought alive by the music.

Strikes are pretty fun as long as you have a full group, and I dislike that you can't queue for the weekly strikes. 

As a whole, I love the potential that this game has to grow with, and I can't wait to dive into raiding and let this game soak up my time, and then it can duke it out with the MCC and see how that goes.

The contract they signed based on review scores, the score for Destiny is at 77/100 on Metacritic and 76/100 on gamerankigs.

Activision shall pay to Licensor a quality bonus in the amount of Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($2,500,000) should Destiny Game #1 achieve a rating of at least 90 as determined by gamerankings.com (or equivalent reputable services if gamerankings.com is no longer in sen/ice) as of thirty (30) days following the commercial release of Destiny.

Can I ask you something? Just what were you expecting from this competitive multiplayer? I feel like people don't understand that when companies say "competitive multiplayer" that they mean it in the sense that you are fighting against other people in a competition to see who is the better player/team/whatever. They don't mean that it is a highly competitive, balanced game. Just because it is Bungie, doesn't mean that it is going to play like Halo or feel like Halo or be anything like Halo. Complaining about the Halo sandbox and loadouts has no real bearing on a completely different game.

I just don't understand why people expected a Halo clone.

You would have had to read my other posts on Destiny before and after launch to really understand what I think. I never said I wanted a Halo clone, and I guess my comparison of a PVP environment that has a cluttered sandbox and varied load-outs like Halo did makes it seem like I needed this to be a Halo clone? I was actually hoping something closer to Shadowrun, but more into a MMO/FPS. However, it's Borderlands in space with better graphics, and contains a multiplayer that is reminiscent of every shooter I've played in the last 5 years. It's got a big CoD feel, and I can't figure out how anything was balanced or decided in PVP.

Let me break it down for you.. since obviously "competitive multiplayer" is a hot topic. I understood what they meant by competitive multiplayer because everyone here had posted multiple times what they had meant by that. Here's what I don't understand, how come every ability or super in this game takes no skill to use? What's the most skill induced ability? The triple jump? Teleport in Shadowrun created arguably the most diverse game ever and helped expand the skill gap immensely. Besides that, all of the other skills in the game were also skill inducing minus one arguably. Everything was balanced, everything took a lot of skill to use.

So forgive me if I was mislead originally. I knew the competitive multiplayer wasn't going to be competitive, but that didn't mean I should expect the game continuously gives you get out of jail free cards, and is poorly balanced with maps that seem to have no real flow to them other than scattered objective points being put on them. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS GAME IS HEADSHOT INCENTIVE. That's it. What else takes skill? Sniping is not that hard, and run and gun with shotties is too easy. 

Again I know competitive multiplayer =/= very deep competitive esports multiplayer.. but I didn't expect competitive multiplayer = no skill required random chaos fest with Armor Lock and Golden Guns and Nukes in your hands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GT: COG Integrity

Xbox One

Problem is, if you were add me, I wouldn't know you did because of how xbox one friendslist is setup :(

Lol it tells you in your activity feed. You'll see the number next to the activity sign right above where it shows how many unread messages you have when you're on the dashboard.

After grinding out some serious PvP this weekend, several things are more noticeable. 

Hunter subclass, bladeslinger or whatever super is OP

Titan Sub is OP 

Fusion Rifles are OP 

Way too many people use shotguns

I think the thing that doesn't make any sense to me is the Fusion rifle, as a secondary weapon you can have either a sniper, shotgun, or a combo of both with the fusion rifle. I've been killed from RIDICULOUS ranges with that thing, I can understand it being good up close, but damn.

Another thing too is that the Light armor is completely random. I hit level 20 before all of my friends, was there for 4 days while they all caught up and passed me and got a level 24. Once I hit 21 I was a 23 within an hour, its just completely random. Especially with not being able to purchase anything with light yet as Im not high enough in my war faction, its just ridiculous at sometimes how random the light armor drops are 

Blade Dance is poop you die in a few bullets, it is only strong if you play against people who cannot aim :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda conflicted. I finally made the grind to rank 2 vanguard and all i need left are leg boots and a helmet for a full set of legendaries. I was thinking of buying boots and maybe holding off on the helmet because I feel the exotic vendor will sell a Titan helmet more likely than boots.

Anyone think i should go with boots and save my marks towards a nice weapon or something in case the vendor has something good for Titans?

I basically want to buy boots with marks, an exotic helmet with coins or light, and a weapon with marks.

PvE was fairly entertaining but when the main story just ended so unexpectedly I was like, "Uhhhh wha? That's it?"

PvP? UGH. I've never played a game with so many ways to insta-kill an opponent that take very little effort to aquire or skill to use. When CrushedApple10485 comes at me with his super 1337 titan shoulder bump wreck your face melee charge and kills me before I can even aim down sights, or xXxSup3rM4g3xXx teleports everywhere after I lay into his head from medium range only to have him drop his 50 megaton nuclear bomb on me with so much splash damage that he doesn't even have to aim it, I just want to turn my xbox off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

PvE is a 7/10 for me. Solo it gets old after about 10 hours. With friends, as someone stated earlier, I could blast guns for hours and relax. 

PvP is a 3/10. I don't enjoy the insane shotgun/super-instakill style of play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blade Dance is poop you die in a few bullets, it is only strong if you play against people who cannot aim :/

Arc Blade is fantastic with Hungering Blade. Being able to regen your shields after each kill is great, you should average 3-4 kills with it, along with having invis, a directional wave or an AoE is great too.

And regarding damage taken, you take 50% less damage when it's up, unlike golden gun where you take full damage.

Finally level 27. Jumped from 25 to 27 super quick due to two lucky drops yesterday. Hopefully by sometime this weekend I'll be 28+ when Xur comes around.

Hit level 2 in my war faction and bought two pieces of legendary armor, once I get some more points I will be decked out in legendary armor and around a 27-28

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn how did you guys already play so damn much and level up. Fuck school and work :'(

When I come home from work, I basically play 6 hours or so. I'm only getting 4-6 hours worth of sleep per night but I'm managing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I have mixed feeling about this game.  The campaign was definitely lacking.  The story was pretty lame, missions were repetitive, enemies were unoriginal, and like someone else said we have no connection to any of the characters.  I do actually enjoy the grind to try and get better stuff and it would definitely be more fun with a full party.  At the same time, it really bothers me that I can't just plug in my mic and talk to my team.  Multiplayer is ok.  Some fun moments with some rage inducing moments, so basically CoD.  Unfortunately, with out some ranking system you basically just play for better equipment.  I guess I don't totally hate it since I had almost no expectations for it to begin with.  All in all it's a subpar game but it's keeping me distracted until H2A.

On a side note, would people enjoy multiplayer more if they took an "mlg" approach and changed some things?  Something like no radar, no vehicles, no supers, less special ammo, things like that..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah when I get off work if I have nothing else to do I normally hit the gym and then game a good 3-6 hours. Bounties are what leveled me up super quick in my war faction, grinded PvP all weekend and early this week and now about halfway to level 3 in my faction. As long as you play as many multiplayer games as possible and do the bounties you will go up in no time 

I noticed when you die "out of bounds" on a level it says killed by the architects. 

Should say killed by the Spartans  :kappa:

Yeah I hit level 20 on Day 2. Been playing everyday since and having a blast. The game really starts after level 20. In fact I look at the Story as an extended tutorial to prepare you for whats to come. 

There is a ton to do, whether it be grinding bounties to rank up faction rep, scouring planets for resources and chests, doing strikes too earn gear and materials, etc. 

Sure it can get repetitive, but this game is heavily influenced by MMORPGs. Grinding is a given and I think this game does a better job than most at making it interesting.

SO far I would give it an 8.5/10

Its the best game I have played this year by far. I only expect it to get better as time goes on and more and more content is added.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I hit level 20 on Day 2. Been playing everyday since and having a blast. The game really starts after level 20. In fact I look at the Story as an extended tutorial to prepare you for whats to come. 

There is a ton to do, whether it be grinding bounties to rank up faction rep, scouring planets for resources and chests, doing strikes too earn gear and materials, etc. 

Sure it can get repetitive, but this game is heavily influenced by MMORPGs. Grinding is a given and I think this game does a better job than most at making it interesting.

SO far I would give it an 8.5/10

Its the best game I have played this year by far. I only expect it to get better as time goes on and more and more content is added.

The biggest problem for me isn't just how repetitive it is, but the fact that the loot system sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1