CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Looks good, and definitely a game I will play. I don't think it's a replacement for Halo in terms of competitive gaming though. We have yet to see PVP gameplay though, so we'll see.

You don't have to do any research to know unless Microsoft completely changes the Xbox One's approach (won't happen) PS4 is already a vastly better console. Hell, the Wii U is probably a better console at this point.

Not to mention, PS4 exclusive content for Destiny.

just saying but you do know that to play online on ps4 you have to have ps+

As far as I can tell from that gameplay:

Pros

- fast movement speed

- powerful weapons

- JiP in campaign, kinda awesome

- beasting graphics

- friggin magic

Cons

- universal sprint

- ADS

So, that's what I saw, I still don't think it'll be good for competitive play because I think it'll be a large WoW-esq multiplayer game where you join servers whenever and leave whenever as well. Not sure on this, but that's what it feels like

As far as I can tell from that gameplay:

Pros

- fast movement speed

- powerful weapons

- JiP in campaign, kinda awesome

- beasting graphics

- friggin magic

Cons

- universal sprint

- ADS

So, that's what I saw, I still don't think it'll be good for competitive play because I think it'll be a large WoW-esq multiplayer game where you join servers whenever and leave whenever as well. Not sure on this, but that's what it feels like

Why is ADS a Con?

Why is ADS a Con?

For me at least. I don't like the feel of it. However, it does look like you pull it up faster than you do in COD, which is a huge gripe I have with COD

For me at least. I don't like the feel of it. However, it does look like you pull it up faster than you do in COD, which is a huge gripe I have with COD

To me, I like ADS. I like the feel of it a little bit better at times than a reticule as I feel the reticule is a little less skilled. I feel the reticule gives you a handicap aid for aiming. Never really bothered me either way. When you compare them though, that's how I feel about it. Who knows, sprint could work well with this game. It seems sprint is becoming default for action shooters.

To me, I like ADS. I like the feel of it a little bit better at times than a reticule as I feel the reticule is a little less skilled. I feel the reticule gives you a handicap aid for aiming. Never really bothered me either way. When you compare them though, that's how I feel about it. Who knows, sprint could work well with this game. It seems sprint is becoming default for action shooters.

Yeah, and sprint can work. With the 4sk BR you get punished for sprinting a lot more, but it's still over powering for maps like Skyline and Simplex. I'm just skeptical that they won't make sprint work in making the competitive. That's the only reason I'd start playing, is if it's more competitive than H5

just saying but you do know that to play online on ps4 you have to have ps+

Yeah, I am aware, however - I am already paying for Xbox Live - a service I would not necessarily say I feel I'm 'getting my money worth' from. I would gladly pay < $5 a month for PS+, ESPECIALLY considering how Sony blew Microsoft out of the water in just about every way imaginable at E3. 

Playstation+ > Xbox Live

Yeah, and sprint can work. With the 4sk BR you get punished for sprinting a lot more, but it's still over powering for maps like Skyline and Simplex. I'm just skeptical that they won't make sprint work in making the competitive. That's the only reason I'd start playing, is if it's more competitive than H5

Have they confirmed Multiplayer PVP for Destiny? To me it so far looks like a long COOP campaign world that people can join at any time similar to Borderlands.

Have they confirmed Multiplayer PVP for Destiny? To me it so far looks like a long COOP campaign world that people can join at any time similar to Borderlands.

I have no idea. I was assuming a multiplayer PVP would be there

Yes, there will be an Arena that you are able to fly to in order to play PvP.

destiny-leak-fps-confirm.png?w=467&h=352

as well as: https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/303215235806920706

Fly to an arena? Interesting. I'm curious to see what their take on this game is as competitive multiplayer. Slayer gametypes have always been a staple With Bungie. The Characters almost seemed to be class based if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if that will have any bearing on Multiplayer. So many questions.

The funny part is, AC4, Watch Dogs, and Destiny are the only games that peaked my interest and they are all available for XB1 so HA.

And Elder Scrolls online. But shit man, the no used games thing is annoying. My friends and I usually buy 1 copy of assassins creed and then just pass it around to beat it. 

I have no idea. I was assuming a multiplayer PVP would be there

Uncomfirmed as of now.

For those of you saying that default sprint in Destiny will be bad for multiplayer, that's a huge assumption. Sprinting is only bad in games with slow killtimes, like Halo. Sprinting generally works in SWAT in Halo because it's impossible to run away from someone who has a good shot. Similarly sprinting works in Call of Duty because the killtimes are superfast. If there were no sprinting in CoD, players wouldn't be punished for being inaccurate at mid-range. We will have to see how PvP will work in Destiny. It could be completely different from Halo in terms of player mechanics, pacing, and killtimes.

I said I'd decide after E3. And I will, long after :)

---

I know I'm not getting PS4 because all of thegames I want are on Xbox, so it really comes down to the Xbox One: Will it offer a quality experience for gaming? If so, then I'll buy it for X1 and play Destiny until Halo 5 comes out. If not, I might just buy Destiny for 360 and possibly not get Halo 5 or the X1 until the prices have dropped; I mean, seriously--how am I going to afford a $500 console that is on top of the prices of the games I want?

I'm not surprised there's no hype for H5, Destiny looks sick.

• Upvote (+1) 2

^ There would be more hype if we had seen more of it. Right now it's too early to start obsessing over details we don't have.

^ There would be more hype if we had seen more of it. Right now it's too early to start obsessing over details we don't have.

Whats the next event where they can show footage?

Like I've stated in other Destiny threads, I'm trying to keep my hype level down pretty low because I don't want to be disappointed. I'm not sure if my brain is locked in that low-hype mode right now or not, but watching the Destiny gameplay yesterday, it just didn't seem all that special to me. The gun play was pretty generic for me personally and it really just seemed like a pretty looking Borderlands/Planetside 2 hybrid. I'll reserve final judgement until I see some more gameplay, but for right now it just didn't look that good for my tastes. 

For Destiny or Halo 5? I guess it doesn't really matter; Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX) and Pax are this summer. When I was following Halo 4 news there weren't any other events other than the barnhouse leak.

For Destiny or Halo 5? I guess it doesn't really matter; Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX) and Pax are this summer. When I was following Halo 4 news there weren't any other events other than the barnhouse leak.

Wow... I made a post on r/halo about why 343 would be at RTX because they are going... I mean it could be Spartan Assault but I WANT A HALO TRAILER.

and if Destiny is there? Wow.

to some of the points that have been raised so far. Probably the most important was touching on the 'open world' system Destiny will be using where you essentially run through 'private' and 'public' areas with matchmaking working in the background offering group opportunities as they arise. Although it's not as MMO as I'd like so long as the system is seamless and non-intrusive (I'd probably prefer an option for no HUD warnings at all) it should work well for coop campaign style gameplay. PvP is a different beast but I'm sure they'll address that separately.

It was also a sigh of relief that the game was played on toddler invincible mode for demonstration purposes.