CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I am also really enjoying the game. I didn't have high expectations going in so that's probably why. Overall, I would say the story is average. At times I have no clue what's going on. It could be constructed a lot better than it is especially for how large of a game it is. That however does not mean it isn't enjoyable. I enjoy the encounters with new enemies and the boss type enemies as well. Some parts are actually somewhat challenging when you're playing by yourself. As for the multiplayer, I found myself enjoying it more than I thought. It isn't the most competitive experience but it is great fun. Just need some friends to play it with me. Add gamertag dooki3dung if you want to run some games.

So I've done youtube videos and streaming off and on for about 7 months now. I haven't really had a decent pc to render videos and all that jazz. I have though upgraded my setup, I put together a custom pc that is pretty legit, as well as got a decent boost from my ISP (internet service provider). I've streamed every time I have played destiny so far and from now on I will be doing that anytime I game mostly. I will be playing more than destiny, when MCC drops I will be playing that, as well as, some PC games.

Right now when I stream its normally at night and my girlfriend is asleep so I have to be quiet but on the weekends hopefully my stream and youtube videos will be more lively. Please check out my recent video and if you like it, give it a like, comment if you have a suggestion and sub cause there will be more to come. Also, I stream on twitch and I'm thinking about taking two weeks and streaming on hitbox so please follow those if you want to see me stream. 

come back to OT micah

But there is nowhere to post there, besides the OT of OT, which doesn't give too much activity. D:

Any halo people that i've played with feel free to add me on the One, gt- Trigga Top 1   been playing a lot

In PvP are all the maps in all the playlists? I was playing control for a few hours and only got like 5 maps.

It doesn't feel like it for sure. Seems like each playlist only has like a 4 map rotation.

Anyone down to do strikes?  They take forever but supposed to get some good items.  Played one this morning it's 3 people max.  One douche went AFK so we were getting destroyed by a tank on mars.  Bungie needs to do something about AFK people in strikes.  It basically ruins the experience of others in a strike.

Game has really competitive bone to it for PVP, its kind of just a fun goof off area.

PvE is a lot of fun, great story mode so far, strikes are awesome.

Downside, there is ZERO VOICE COMMUNICATION. Good luck trying to find people to do a strike with or talk to your teammates in PVP, that's right you can't do call outs, you can't talk strategy in strikes.. it's awful. The only way to talk to someone is if they are on your friends list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Game has really competitive bone to it for PVP, its kind of just a fun goof off area.

PvE is a lot of fun, great story mode so far, strikes are awesome.

Downside, there is ZERO VOICE COMMUNICATION. Good luck trying to find people to do a strike with or talk to your teammates in PVP, that's right you can't do call outs, you can't talk strategy in strikes.. it's awful. The only way to talk to someone is if they are on your friends list.

I wasn't aware of the last part until today. I thought there would have been regular voice communication like most online games have. I would love to see a proximity chat feature put in for PvE, and regular community in PvP.

So how is everyone liking Destiny?

Been so immersed in the Smash news that I haven't had time to really watch any footage from the actual game.

So already it seems like this game is FALLING hard down the players list. 

People seemed to LOVE it on day 1, but now most people are at the soft cap or higher, beat all the current missions, and the game has just been the same repetitive stuff over and over. Ive seen many of streamers i watch frequently already move on.

How do you guys feel? It's starting to seem like come Christmas time, this game wont even be relevant anymore... Didn't bungie plan for a 5 year life cycle? I'm actually really considering just skipping this game entirely now. Just from watching, it really seems like Destiny isn't even close to a complete game. Like everything right now is just a place holder for a better game coming through DLC over years.

So how is everyone liking Destiny?

Been so immersed in the Smash news that I haven't had time to really watch any footage from the actually game.

Enjoying it thus far.

People seemed to LOVE it on day 1, but now most people are at the soft cap or higher, beat all the current missions, and the game has just been the same repetitive stuff over and over. Ive seen many of streamers i watch frequently already move on.

How do you guys feel? It's starting to seem like come Christmas time, this game wont even be relevant anymore... Didn't bungie plan for a 5 year life cycle? I'm actually really considering just skipping this game entirely now. Just from watching, it really seems like Destiny isn't even close to a complete game. Like everything right now is just a place holder for a better game coming through DLC over years.

I think the game is going to die out like any other game, besides very popular franchise games. Kind of like Titanfall, that was hyped a lot and it died out within a month or two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a lot more to do it seems since I haven't had a chance to play it too much but I'm really worried about that. Even metacritic reviews are showing generally people are rating this as a sub par game.

I went into it just wanting to play a new IP and to finally turn my Xbox on but I really feel like if someone were to follow Destiny from its announcement up until now, they would be left wondering if this is really it. 

I can't stress enough how bland the story has been for me. A game like Borderlands 2 kept getting funnier even if the storyline was cheesy at best, but this one is just confusing and reminds me how awful Halo's story was told by Bungie in their campaigns. I just don't believe Bungie are good writers though the Halo books and wiki are what keep the lore and story in tact for me.

I just really don't like the fact I have to sign on Bungie and read these Grimoire cards or whatever to better understand what's going on in the universe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

dude this is garb. game is fun to play but i get kicked from every single multiplayer match. it says i left my fireteam and am being returned to orbit. what is this trash? is it a common issue thus far?

oh my god this no voice communication... seriously bungie?

So does picking up rare loot work like WoW, where you roll on it? Or is it just a race to whoever walks over the weapon first.

From the very start, before the beta or anything, I thought it would've been like wow to get quest... walk around and talk to people to get quest..like borderlands.

but this way works too i guess..

Multiplayer actually gives me cancer. PvE is literally Just Spartan Ops on a couple of maps. The AI fighting is about as bland as Halo 4. Furthermore the ai doesn't actually become harder. They just become tanks and all there is to it is slow peak shooting which becomes really fast.

Only thing I really enjoy so far is the vehicles. So fun to cruise in. Everything else so far is average to me :/