CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Have you tried Last Hope side arm? With the radar being so ridiculous it's easy to just wait for them to rush you behind a wall and it asks like a shotgun it kills so quickly. Also fun to jump up really high when they rush in and you can finish them off with Last Hope before landing back down

That's pretty much the problem though. You can come up with a close range situation where it works, and that's good, unfortunately the AR still works there although not quite as well it also works from a bit further away and from mid range where Last Hope just doesn't work at all. The point wasn't that the other weapon types don't have a niche where they work well its that most of them aren't flexible at all and their intended niche is about all they can do and then you have two types of weapons that have high dps and apply to nearly every situation. Even if they aren't quite the best at super close range they're still more than usable and they both have much more common niches where they dominate the closer ranged weapons. Basically bungie decided to make some of the weapons a little less effective outside of their intended niche and others completely useless outside of their intended niche. I don't mean this towards specific weapons though but more so towards the weapon types

That's pretty much the problem though. You can come up with a close range situation where it works, and that's good, unfortunately the AR still works there although not quite as well it also works from a bit further away and from mid range where Last Hope just doesn't work at all. The point wasn't that the other weapon types don't have a niche where they work well its that most of them aren't flexible at all and their intended niche is about all they can do and then you have two types of weapons that have high dps and apply to nearly every situation. Even if they aren't quite the best at super close range they're still more than usable and they both have a much more common niches where they dominate the closer ranged weapons. Basically bungie decided to make some of the weapons a little less effective outside of their intended niche and others completely useless outside of their intended niche. I don't mean this towards specific weapons though but more so towards the weapon types

Yeah I agree. Would be nice if Hand Cannons etc got a little buff at mid ranges. But I feel like the radar is causing most of this. The enemy always knows where you are going to be and is likely waiting for you seconds in advance. It takes a different play style and good awareness/positioning to be able to get up close with hand cannons and that just isn't going to happen with this radar.

Whats a good level to begin raiding?

Power level 270+

Can you join more than one clan, or would I have to leave my current one?

Only one.

Power level 270+

Only one.

Well, one for each platform. Unless Bungie.net is bugged, I'm in one for PC & Xbox and another for Playstation.

Well this game is done until the DLC hits.

Let's recap:

-All exotic weapons acquired: check

-All exotic armor acquired: missing 5 different pieces

-Platinum trophy earned: check

-3 different classes all at level 305: check

-All raid weapons earned: everything except the hand cannon and sniper.

-All faction weapons acquired: check

-Win trials of the 9: check

Is that all?  Are you kidding me?

There is no reason why someone who is married, owns their own home, and travels for work 60% of the time should be able to complete this much content in just 3 weeks like I did.  And that's just with casually playing this shit.  At least make the game challenging like the first destiny an not have exotics drop left and right in public events and from legendary engrams all day.

The exotics and raid gear aren't really "special" like they were when Destiny 1 came out.  I didn't get everything in Destiny 1 until the DLC was about to launch.  This game, I got damn near everything in 3 weeks.  In Destiny 1, you had to no life that shit.  In destiny 2, they dumbed it down so that someone like me can casually come along and dominate the hell out of the game.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until the DLC comes out.  Might pick it back up if they offer the iron banner but I'm sure people will bitch about 305's dominating that game type just like they pissed and moaned in destiny 1 when we used the Vex Mythoclast, tears streaming down their cheeks begging Bungie to nerf it because it wasn't fair for those who couldn't beat vault of glass.....

Destiny 2: The entitled gamer... no gamer left behind

Just make the shit so easy that anyone can dominate it.

EDIT: Let me reply properly to this.

Well this game is done until the DLC hits.

Let's recap:

-All exotic weapons acquired: check

-All exotic armor acquired: missing 5 different pieces

-Platinum trophy earned: check

-3 different classes all at level 305: check

-All raid weapons earned: everything except the hand cannon and sniper.

-All faction weapons acquired: check

-Win trials of the 9: check

Is that all? Are you kidding me?

Nah - there's still the prestige raid to come, as well as Iron Banner next month. I have zero doubt they will be doing another Halloween event too, whether it's Festival of the Lost or something brand new. Whether that will be worth a shit this time around though is left to be seen. 

There is no reason why someone who is married, owns their own home, and travels for work 60% of the time should be able to complete this much content in just 3 weeks like I did. And that's just with casually playing this shit. At least make the game challenging like the first destiny an not have exotics drop left and right in public events and from legendary engrams all day.

Yeah, I agree. There's no way you should be able to finish off a majority of the content, especially with the playtime you've described. I've personally sunk 215 hours into the game so far and I'm still not 305 on all three characters, haven't collected all the exotics, etc so I'm still working towards that. 

The exotics and raid gear aren't really "special" like they were when Destiny 1 came out. I didn't get everything in Destiny 1 until the DLC was about to launch. This game, I got damn near everything in 3 weeks. In Destiny 1, you had to no life that shit. In destiny 2, they dumbed it down so that someone like me can casually come along and dominate the hell out of the game.

Kind of agree and disagree with this. A lot of exotics this time around are god awful (looking at you Mechaneer's Tricksleeves) but I think the reason for lackluster exotics is two reasons - PvP and the fact some of the Destiny 1 exotics were a little too good. Twilight Garrison, Transversive Steps, Gjallarhorn, etc. 

As for having to no life to get everything in Destiny 1 - initially, sure but after Three of Coins were added and how generous everything was with loot in Year 3 and onwards, anyone could get everything in a short space of time. Plus we need to remember that we're comparing Destiny 2's vanilla to Destiny 1 which had three years of content and DLC on its back. 

The problem is, and it sucks that this is true, is Bungie has me and you wrapped around their finger. We're going to buy Destiny content, regardless of how long it lasts us. We're addicted. 

Their focus is honestly marketing the game to players who are going to buy it, play the campaign and grind a little, take a break and repeat when a DLC releases. That's what is going to make them money. It's been a hot topic between some top players and all over reddit. I wish there was more grindy end game elements but it is what it is :/

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until the DLC comes out. Might pick it back up if they offer the iron banner but I'm sure people will bitch about 305's dominating that game type just like they pissed and moaned in destiny 1 when we used the Vex Mythoclast, tears streaming down their cheeks begging Bungie to nerf it because it wasn't fair for those who couldn't beat vault of glass.....

Hopefully soon they'll talk about what's going to fill the gap for 305 to 350. I'm assuming it will be the Prestige raid as they'll allow Trials, Iron Banner, etc to level you up there too but they've been silent on why we're capped at 305 currently. 

As for Iron Banner - if Trials is anything to go by, level advantages will be disabled so make it more accessible. Not like it matters in the long run since everyone and their mothers was 380+ in Destiny 1 and it wasn't a huge difference. 

And finally for the Vex - that thing was completely overpowered and had every right to be nerfed, just not as hard as it did. It was incredibly broken to the point that no gun could compete with it. Sure you should be rewarded with some cool stuff for the hard mode raid but that thing was just... insane.

I stand corrected.  While I have all the exotics, I just realized my Legend of Acrius Exotic isn't fully unlocked, and that I need to get Emperor Seals during the raid.  Well each raid chest was giving me 5, but when I checked the inventory, I only got 1.  So a complete raid = 8 seals and you need 100.  Bungie once again f'ing up, as they never intended for someone to run the raid 12 times on the same character to fully unlock the perks on the gun lol.

https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forums/Post/233109372?sort=0&page=0

I stand corrected.  While I have all the exotics, I just realized my Legend of Acrius Exotic isn't fully unlocked, and that I need to get Emperor Seals during the raid.  Well each raid chest was giving me 5, but when I checked the inventory, I only got 1.  So a complete raid = 8 seals and you need 100.  Bungie once again f'ing up, as they never intended for someone to run the raid 12 times on the same character to fully unlock the perks on the gun lol.

https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forums/Post/233109372?sort=0&page=0

It's being fixed next week. Each encounter will now give you one seal with 10 total being needed, meaning you only need to run the raid a couple times.

As someone who plays other games, after I beat the raid I'm pretty checked out till the next DLC. Destiny 2 suits me better than D1 in that regard. All that materials farming was ridiculous. And this raid did not require the best equipment or a high light level to beat it, just good teamwork and execution.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Try fortnite battle royal.  Fun game for those who already dominated Destiny 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not a fan of the leveling system in Destiny 2. It's the Rise of Iron level progression system all over again. Just keep playing the content,doesn't matter what it is you're playing, and you'll soon level up to max level (right now it's 305, obviously). What they should have done was cap exotics and luminous engrams to 295, and only have the raid and trials dish out the level 300 awards to make the game have some kind of grind. Bungie is soft now. I miss the cutthroat grind vanilla Destiny had. The difference between a level 29 and 30's power was significant. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of the leveling system in Destiny 2. It's the Rise of Iron level progression system all over again. Just keep playing the content,doesn't matter what it is you're playing, and you'll soon level up to max level (right now it's 305, obviously). What they should have done was cap exotics and luminous engrams to 295, and only have the raid and trials dish out the level 300 awards to make the game have some kind of grind. Bungie is soft now. I miss the cutthroat grind vanilla Destiny had. The difference between a level 29 and 30's power was significant. 

I do agree that high level gear should only be available from the raid. I liked that in D1

I think they're just dumb for making power level the only metric. All they had to do was add a raid armor 2/4 item set bonus, special effects on guns, let trials have some cool pvp effects etc but instead they fell into a trap where only power level matters. They should also have disabled all of those cool PvE perks in PvP if they had added them and thus "balance" is preserved. It doesn't have to be some kind of ridiculous grind to give people incentive to play. Just add perks to the hardest gear to obtain in game and that'll have most people struggling for awhile. It also feels a lot better to be rewarded with something powerful and different for accomplishing something than it does to go farm a billion easy strikes or whatever to get the same effect

They won't do that because bad players who can't beat the raid will complain like they did in D1.  The % that's completed it so far is pretty low.

I'm in a place with D2 where I don't want to boot the game up at all. I played well over 2k hours on D1, with a large portion of those coming in Year 1. I don't have any excitement or desire to do the activies in D2 because of the way the game is structured. I know you guys are well aware of those problems, so I won't throw around any of the buzzwords about the end game that get thrown around on Reddit or the internet at large.

What I can say is that the majority of my playtime in D1 came from PVE, the majority in D2 has been in The Crucible. The 4v4 and reworked balancing has redeemed D1's PVP in my eyes, but there hasn't been enough change or added features to keep it as a staple. How can Bungie make it one? Give us ranked play. We know the advantages of ranked play, but there's a chance to give a lot of rewards for rank in the "Shared World Shooter" playspace.

However, it looks like the model of D2 is to keep the entire playerbase happy and on even playing field in regards to getting loot. I often wonder how much the LFG posts requiring Gjallarhorn, needing flawless emblem, etc, and the outcry of people that felt excluded because of those has had on D2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought ROI over the weekend just so I could play D1 Crucible. Feels so much better in every possible facet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PC pre-load available on Battle.net if anyone is jumping in on there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really happy with the ultra wide support for D2 on PC.

do we have a Beyond Clan for PC?

Would be cool. I'd like to join it. I know we have a Steam Group. Maybe we could make a new Blizzard Group since they just added that on the Social tab. Yo @@CyReN what you think?

PC pre-load available on Battle.net if anyone is jumping in on there.

What class did you choose? I went with Whorelock.