CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Looks like 1.2 million people (Including myself) need to re-think about what we're playing.

I agree with most of this but at the same time... just don't give a shit. Its fun to shoot shit in this game even if its easy and the story-substance of the campaign was LOADS better than D1.  Some of the public events are harder(ish) and im sure the raid will be when i get my level up there.

Woot got to 290 tonight!

I gotta get my level up apparently.. im only a 215.  My wife has been playing lego harry potter which got us in the mood to watch the movies so i've been doing that like a scrub.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone want to try the nightfall later? I'm at 264 and I want to give it a try. Using a LFG site is worthless right now because everyone requires you to have done the raid 12 times and be at 453784795348 light level.

Anyone want to try the nightfall later? I'm at 264 and I want to give it a try. Using a LFG site is worthless right now because everyone requires you to have done the raid 12 times and be at 453784795348 light level.

Actually yes, but I'm only 231 right now. Am I too low?

Went undefeated in trials and the new lighthouse or whatever its called is pretty neat. The energy autorifle you can choose as a reward is also so good its probably going to be toxic long term

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still hoping for Heroic/Prestige Missions, and some sort of Challenge/Prison of Elders again. 

I really liked the trials map compared to a lot of the other PvP maps though. It really emphasized scouts however so you probably want to run MIDA with an AR if you can. I used MIDA multi and mini when I did flawless but there really aren't many situations where the SMGs are good on that map and like half of the angles require a scout on the outside portion where on the inside portions a scout still work but the AR starts being inside of its effective range. If you try to use anything else you're probably going to get dicked by someone that did choose a scout unless they're just terrible or you really stick to sitting inside the interior of the map and never venture into the more open places

• Upvote (+1) 2

Went undefeated in trials and the new lighthouse or whatever its called is pretty neat. The energy autorifle you can choose as a reward is also so good its probably going to be toxic long term

That thing is a monster. It reminds me of a slower Suros.

Friendly reminder to join the Beyond Clan! I'm ALWAYS up for Raids and Trials, start playing with each other!

Can you join more than one clan, or would I have to leave my current one?

Do the pulse rifles feel awful in D2, or is it just me?

Some are good, like Nightshade and Negral. But the thing is, at distances they can't compete against a Mida. So maps with the really long sightlines become a problem. But you're right, overall they've been taken down a notch for Destiny 2, just like the handcannons. Right now, the meta is Mida/450 RPM Auto rifles. 

Do the pulse rifles feel awful in D2, or is it just me?

The Trials pulse isn't bad, but there's few places where they're not outperformed by Autos or Scouts.

Pulses need to have their ROFs buffed significantly. I miss Bad Juju.

The Trials pulse isn't bad, but there's few places where they're not outperformed by Autos or Scouts.

Pulses need to have their ROFs buffed significantly. I miss Bad Juju.

I miss my hacksaw :(

The biggest problem is that they tried to balance everything on rock/paper/scissors distance requirements for the guns to actually work but its super wonky where hand cannons, pulse rifles, and SMGs a squished into really small effective ranges where they're actually better than ARs/Scouts so you just go AR/Scout loadout and if you get unlucky and run into an SMG point blank write that one off and keep shitting on people the other 90% of the time if they aren't using the same setup

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest problem is that they tried to balance everything on rock/paper/scissors distance requirements for the guns to actually work but its super wonky where hand cannons, pulse rifles, and SMGs a squished into really small effective ranges where they're actually better than ARs/Scouts so you just go AR/Scout loadout and if you get unlucky and run into an SMG point blank write that one off and keep shitting on people the other 90% of the time if they aren't using the same setup

So the guns work how they are supposed to work? The biggest problem always has and always will be the radar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the guns work how they are supposed to work? The biggest problem always has and always will be the radar. 

They really don't though. Scouts and ARs are good at pretty much everything between the two. SMGs, pulse rifles, hand cannons, and sidearms are memes at worst and competitive but somewhat worse at best. The AR/Scout overlap of effective range is nearly every situation you'll actually encounter where every other gun sees minimal time within the area that its actually the best. Not that you can't play with those guns but its just not the best idea the majority of the time

They really don't though. Scouts and ARs are good at pretty much everything between the two. SMGs, pulse rifles, hand cannons, and sidearms are memes at worst and competitive but somewhat worse at best. The AR/Scout overlap of effective range is nearly every situation you'll actually encounter where every other gun sees minimal time within the area that its actually the best. Not that you can't play with those guns but its just not the best idea the majority of the time

Have you tried Last Hope side arm? With the radar being so ridiculous it's easy to just wait for them to rush you behind a wall and it asks like a shotgun it kills so quickly. Also fun to jump up really high when they rush in and you can finish them off with Last Hope before landing back down