CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I think the greatest downfall of D2 right now in PvP is that holding hands and just running around all over each other as a team is WAY too strong. Its even worse because the only thing that can stop you is an ult or rockets for the most part and the game points out to you when absolutely anyone has any of the above. Grenades and guns need to do more damage and nades specifically need to charge even faster. If they want it to be teamshot oriented sure that's fine but people shouldn't be rewarded for literally standing on top of each other. The only reason that doesn't work well in Halo all the time is the availability of grenades.

Right? I see two people and my D1 brain kicks in and goes "I can fuck those guys up easy" and then D2 goes, "yeah, but Voidwalker got a serious nerf and we nerfed the shit out of guns so enjoy getting team shotted into oblivion over and over".

The only way to do well is to hug some fucking blueberry like they're the key to getting Bad Juju or Suros back. Hell, I'd settle for Thorn at this point.

I prefer Destiny 2's PvP over Destiny 1's PvP, and don't really see a problem with it.

tenor.gif

You probably think Halo 3 was better than Halo 2 as well.

it is actually impossible to have a 1v1 fight with someone

You can still get some separation, but it's next to impossible to win a 1v1 and not get immedietly cleaned up if the enemy team is even half competent. Even on a recovery specced-Warlock shield recharge takes fucking forever.

CAN SOMEONE INVITE ME TO THE BEYOND CLAN

No.

(Because I'm not in it either.)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You probably think Halo 3 was better than Halo 2 as well.

I think you guys just need to get better at the game. It's time to adapt boys! 

Now, it could be the hype, but...

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD, THEY REBALANCED THE MULTIPLAYER INTO NOT-A-SHITSHOW, PATROLS DON'T DOMINATE THE OPEN WORLD, THE STRIKES ARE ALMOST RAID SIZED, AND THE GEAR IS MUCH MORE REALISTICALLY ATTAINED.

Now, it could be the hype, but...

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD, THEY REBALANCED THE MULTIPLAYER INTO NOT-A-SHITSHOW, PATROLS DON'T DOMINATE THE OPEN WORLD, THE STRIKES ARE ALMOST RAID SIZED, AND THE GEAR IS MUCH MORE REALISTICALLY ATTAINED.

Nah. The strikes are dog in this game, super boring

And pvp is baaaaaaaad

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game feels slow. I just beat the story mode so I have a ways to go before the raid, but I hope it gets more difficult too.

The game feels slow. I just beat the story mode so I have a ways to go before the raid, but I hope it gets more difficult too.

I actually feel the game is faster than D1.

Nah. The strikes are dog in this game, super boring

And pvp is baaaaaaaad

the Vex strike is VoG 2.0, tho, and it's great. I don't understand the pvp hate. It's more focused on gunplay than the random powers, and it's so much easier to kill supers now.

Right? I see two people and my D1 brain kicks in and goes "I can fuck those guys up easy" and then D2 goes, "yeah, but Voidwalker got a serious nerf and we nerfed the shit out of guns so enjoy getting team shotted into oblivion over and over".

The only way to do well is to hug some fucking blueberry like they're the key to getting Bad Juju or Suros back. Hell, I'd settle for Thorn at this point.

Sounds like you just need to adapt bruh. Seriously though, a lot of people actually like the team shot meta because they think that teamshot = teamwork. People watch a game like CE and think it's just two people running around the map doing their own thing. They don't understand the more subtle things that are going on like giving your partner a random or setting up for the next power up cycle.

Sounds like you just need to adapt bruh. Seriously though, a lot of people actually like the team shot meta because they think that teamshot = teamwork. People watch a game like CE and think it's just two people running around the map doing their own thing. They don't understand the more subtle things that are going on like giving your partner a random or setting up for the next power up cycle.

I mean when the vast majority of a community wants it that way then why would a dev cater to the minority? Seems like a bar business idea.

HE STRIKES ARE ALMOST RAID SIZED

I wouldn't get too crazy lmao.

They are better (well that Fallen one is a bit shit) but not even close to raids.

I wouldn't get too crazy lmao.

They are better (well that Fallen one is a bit shit) but not even close to raids.

If you look at the strikes as far as real estate goes, they're actually really similar in size to VoG and Crota, it's just that, between Templar shenanigans and failing the bridge (which I don't understand), the raids seem a lot longer due simply due to wipes. For a space that's only really meant for 3 people, they're pretty big.

I agree, tho. That Fallen one is dumb.

Anyone have room for me in their raid squad? I'm 270~ and completed more raids in D1 than I can count. Not a scrub. Have 6 jagglehorns.

Let me know.

i put together some of my thoughts into a commentary if anyone is interested. I think destiny 2 could easily be better than d1 on all fronts and i'm super happy with the game so far. The removal of all the bullshit handicap perks and scopes, overpowered movement abilities and weapons that severely outperform their class automatically makes me like this game more than d1. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just know I'm gonna most likely play the PC version with a controller. The Hunter skills seem to require a short of finnese I just wouldn't be able to do with a keyboard.

Anyone want to raid? Given to fly and I are both looking for raid partners

What time are you going to be doing it?