CyReN

Destiny Discussion

It's the typical bungie move where they see how powerful things are and get scared and then nerf the shit out of them. If D1 was CE then D2 was Halo 2. Everything kills slower, there's cooldowns on EVERYTHING. Supers are super fucking generic and lame now.

Honestly, I think that comparison is insulting to Halo 2. Halo 2 may not have been as player empowering as CE, but it still allowed for a good player to destroy an entire team.

But can't you argue that D1 has a shit ton of cheese kills - spawn with sniper, spawn with shot gun, so they slow down everything so there aren't any crappy bullshit 1 hit weapons?

I'd argue your contention that D1 was slow.

I'd much rather have players being too powerful than too underpowered. D2 is definitely slower, because you can't push by yourself without getting team-shotted for days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I think that comparison is insulting to Halo 2. Halo 2 may not have been as player empowering as CE, but it still allowed for a good player to destroy an entire team.

I'd argue your contention that D1 was slow.

I'd much rather have players being too powerful than too underpowered. D2 is definitely slower, because you can't push by yourself without getting team-shotted for days.

I guess it goes back to how "easy" it is to push by yourself. If any average joe can control a point, then that becomes problematic right? 

Either way I feel like D2 is going to become more team orientated/less cheese kills, which not everyone likes since most people wants to feel like a badass and kill loads of people easily by themselves? (COD style?)

I'm mostly looking for, are there anymore bullshit kills where pressing one button is an easy kill(s) for you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess it goes back to how "easy" it is to push by yourself. If any average joe can control a point, then that becomes problematic right? 

See, I don't see it being "easy" to push by yourself being a bad thing. The key is that push being successful not being easy. And I think D1 did that very well.

Either way I feel like D2 is going to become more team orientated/less cheese kills, which not everyone likes since most people wants to feel like a badass and kill loads of people easily by themselves? (COD style?)

I honestly think D2 feels way more like CoD than D1, but it is more teamshooting balanced for sure.

I'm mostly looking for, are there anymore bullshit kills where pressing one button is an easy kill(s) for you.

Not really. Shoulder charge is gone, most of the grenades and melees are borderline useless. Pretty much all individuality beyond jump type and third special abilities are gone from PvP and pretty much gone from PvE too.

The 4v4 player count is weird. I like it more than 6v6 but less than 3v3. Again, pros and cons. It's just bleh to me

I think that I like the 4v4 play, although with team shooting being such a key in D2, I'm having to adjust my play style significantly compared to D1.

I really hope they do bring back 6v6 for a few playlists for that "big team" aspect.

I think that I like the 4v4 play, although with team shooting being such a key in D2, I'm having to adjust my play style significantly compared to D1.

I really hope they do bring back 6v6 for a few playlists for that "big team" aspect.

I understand that, but I'd still take 3s over 4s especially for trials

I feel like they will bring back 6v6 with Mayhem, Iron Banner, Combined Arms and there's probably some other stuff.

I haven't played the game yet, individual stats seem pretty weird now. I saw a guy in a stream the other day kill a dude, then assisted in the next two kills for a "Triple Down" Is kill death ratio gone and is everything shared with a (k+a)/d? 

I'm feeling pretty "bleh" on D2 as well. From what I've played, its lost a lot of it's original charm and is now just another team-shot-or-die shooter. Classic Bungie style design of changing random things for no benefit and nerfing the crap out of things. Hopefully the WW2 CoD is good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't played the game yet, individual stats seem pretty weird now. I saw a guy in a stream the other day kill a dude, then assisted in the next two kills for a "Triple Down" Is kill death ratio gone and is everything shared with a (k+a)/d? 

It copies BF4 where a significant assist counts as a kill and there is now an "efficiency rating" that appears to be (k+a)/d.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool parallel between the first time you see the Traveler and The City in D1 & D2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I utterly despise being forcibly glued to a random's ass if I want anything to die in D2's multiplayer. Fuck that. I may of had my issues with D1's multiplayer, but at least I could reasonably take on multiple opponents at once. This shut is a downgrade in every sense of the word.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was openly super hyped about D2, but just cancelled my preorder of Destiny 2 Deluxe Edition. The game just feels like it's been simplified, from the skill tree to 1 weapon roll.

The PvP is probably the worst I've ever played due to long TTK, a tick rate of what feels like 10, trading kills constantly and 30 fps in 2017 is laughable.

Things I liked -

The game is very polished, the sound is beautiful but I've came to expect that from Bungie.

The balance of grenades not being 1 OHK, 4v4 and power weapon changes are magnificent, but the balance is so off on the other aspects that it just doesn't work.

Atleast well have WW2 in November I guess, and H3BC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a quick thought on D2, it's PvP on the outside changes are built for the competitive PvP scene but delve deeper and you realise they are built solely around casuals.

You get rewarded the same for assists as you do kills, KD is gone and is replaced by efficency which makes bad players feel like gods. They just all run around holding hands and think they've magically got better at Destiny when reality there all just running around together with a radar that doesn't show individuals it shows 1 group as 1 entity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is so awful I uninstalled the beta after 4 games Ahahaha like I have never done that before

I havent had that much fun in the beta, a lot of things needs to be tuned up. Damage with guns so things die faster, how fast your super charges, sprint speed with supers etc, etc.

And im not gonna lie, 30 fps is a problem for me, it feels cluncky af.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Couple things first though, Bungie has said that there will be an increase in the amount of power ammo you find in PvE, and that weapons and grenades will do more damage in PvE so things will not be as slow. “Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants.”

And I have to say I much prefer the current Destiny 2 multiplayer so much more than Destiny 1s, things are slower, you don't get killed by bullshit constantly, its not lagging near as much as Destiny 1. Just overall things i prefer over Destiny 1.

This game is so awful I uninstalled the beta after 4 games Ahahaha like I have never done that before

Not even for the Halo Reach beta? I still get chills remembering that shit.

Not even for the Halo Reach beta? I still get chills remembering that shit.

Surprisingly I stuck out the Reach beta. I quit the H5 beta after 10 games or so. Didn't even come back for the BR starts.

I don't hate the Destiny 2 beta (I don't like it). Perhaps its because I really wasn't expecting it to get better. They made terrible decisions near the end of D1.

I'll probably just buy it on PC and play PvE with my friends, I'll play little to no PvP.

Surprisingly I stuck out the Reach beta. I quit the H5 beta after 10 games or so. Didn't even come back for the BR starts.

I don't hate the Destiny 2 beta (I don't like it). Perhaps its because I really wasn't expecting it to get better. They made terrible decisions near the end of D1.

I'll probably just buy it on PC and play PvE with my friends, I'll play little to no PvP.

I keep saying this. I don't get why people are expecting Destiny PvP to be good. Just because Bungie made halo a long time ago does not correlate to Destiny becoming an e-sport or a competitive shooter.

Enjoy the PvE. That's their main focus and that is pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 1