CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Got 100% Achievement in Destiny today, 5400+ Grimoire, and started in year 2. Can't wait for Beta next week!

Destiny 2 just looks fucking boring multiplayerwise.

The slower TTK is making individual empowerment weaker.

Power Weapons spawn way less frequently and their are less of them.

Super look more obnoxious due with slower TTKs and less ways to counter them that what already existed.

Movement is all slowed down.

3v3 was so much better than 4v4 when the maps were scaled well.

Destiny 1 multiplayer was fun specifically because of how powerful one felt at any given time, a single player was generally fairly individually powerful. Sure some balance tweaks where neccessary, and bungie nerfing the primaries to be less comsistent and weaker made special weapons more and more encroaching, so they needed to be nerfed. ToO in HoW was the best time Destiny outside of Thorn, TLW and Felwinter shotguns and some other little obnoxious elements, but the pace of a kill with a primary and the power of secondaries was good at this time, maybe there was a little to much ammo.

Destiny 2 looks way more teamshot focused, and power weapons are way more powerful vs a primary. It looks like they stripped away what made Desriny just mad, crazy fun. It feels like they have pulled another CE to Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Super look more obnoxious due with slower TTKs and less ways to counter them that what already existed.

Destiny 1 multiplayer was fun specifically because of how powerful one felt at any given time, a single player was generally fairly individually powerful. Sure some balance tweaks where neccessary, and bungie nerfing the primaries to be less comsistent and weaker made special weapons more and more encroaching, so they needed to be nerfed. ToO in HoW was the best time Destiny outside of Thorn, TLW and Felwinter shotguns and some other little obnoxious elements, but the pace of a kill with a primary and the power of secondaries was good at this time, maybe there was a little to much ammo.

Destiny 2 looks way more teamshot focused, and power weapons are way more powerful vs a primary. It looks like they stripped away what made Desriny just mad, crazy fun. It feels like they have pulled another CE to Halo 2.

Typical Bungie stuff

Eh,the one correction I'd make is that unlike CE destiny 1 wasn't a multiplayer masterpiece.It literally caters to people who just want to have a good time and also happen to be unable to aim.It was never going to be even slightly competitive unless they completely restructured the entire multiplayer which obviously wasn't going to happen. Edit: Not trying to shit on the game just pointing out the obvious.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Got 100% Achievement in Destiny today, 5400+ Grimoire, and started in year 2. Can't wait for Beta next week!

Nice man. My last achievement is flawless raider. Don't see that one happening soon! 

There's actually more ways to counter supers. If you shoot someone with a weapon that has the same elements as the super, then it does more damage.

There's actually more ways to counter supers. If you shoot someone with a weapon that has the same elements as the super, then it does more damage.

Well, actually.  ANY ​element does more damage to super, you don't even have to match it.  Which basically boils down to, shoot it with you secondary weapon and do bonus damage.  Unless this was changed from the tech test which I don't think it was

Just tried it for 12 hours, it's

fun

Have you tried the bladedancer in D2? Thoughts?

Have you tried the bladedancer in D2? Thoughts?

Been playing just voidlock, i tried the arcstrider for just a bit and while i dont think is bad, it just isnt great. Pretty much like Bladedancer but with a better super and a worse shadestep as compromise, and no invisibility. That's literally it, the super has so many combos you can do, picture the bladedancer's super but now you can attack upwards or smash the ground, you can attack at range, you have the melee attack and i did not try it but it seems like melee resets your dodge ability so the mobility with it is great.

It was hard to try the supers and shit because it recharges so freaking slow, every super i had was around 70 points (max is 75) in control, pair that with the fact that team shooting is REAL and the best weapon is a pulse rifle so it kinda feels like halo, because of that we were just mercying half the matches (and mercies in the beta are fast as hell).

Been playing just voidlock, i tried the arcstrider for just a bit and while i dont think is bad, it just isnt great. Pretty much like Bladedancer but with a better super and a worse shadestep as compromise, and no invisibility. That's literally it, the super has so many combos you can do, picture the bladedancer's super but now you can attack upwards or smash the ground, you can attack at range, you have the melee attack and i did not try it but it seems like melee resets your dodge ability so the mobility with it is great.

It was hard to try the supers and shit because it recharges so freaking slow, every super i had was around 70 points (max is 75) in control, pair that with the fact that team shooting is REAL and the best weapon is a pulse rifle so it kinda feels like halo, because of that we were just mercying half the matches (and mercies in the beta are fast as hell).

I'm pretty excited that the fact Destiny 2 is going to require more teamwork, and gun skill instead of people doing a one man army and relying on supers, stickies, and other bullshit things that were in Destiny 1. 

One my question. I noticed there's a shoulder charge in D2. Is it one hit kill?

I'm pretty excited that the fact Destiny 2 is going to require more teamwork, and gun skill instead of people doing a one man army and relying on supers, stickies, and other bullshit things that were in Destiny 1. 

One my question. I noticed there's a shoulder charge in D2. Is it one hit kill?

Nope, titan's shoulder charge leaves you one shot instead of the one hit kill from D1.

Nope, titan's shoulder charge leaves you one shot instead of the one hit kill from D1.

god bless

So, does anybody else think D2 is mediocre at best in terms of gameplay compared to D1? I've played about three hours now and it's just bleh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, actually.  ANY ​element does more damage to super, you don't even have to match it.  Which basically boils down to, shoot it with you secondary weapon and do bonus damage.  Unless this was changed from the tech test which I don't think it was

No, Bungie specifically said that same type elements do damage to supers, unless that has changed since E3

e

Played 4 or 5 matches earlier... I really dig it. Took a few games to realize but the mid-air dash while floating around as a Warlock is a nice touch... you're not just stuck hanging there anymore.

Feels more competitive than #1 so far too. I think D2 is going to rip a lot of my time from H5... 'bout time I found another game to play lol.

Best clip so far... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/34222430

So, does anybody else think D2 is mediocre at best in terms of gameplay compared to D1? I've played about three hours now and it's just bleh.

Played it for at least 15+ hours and I love it. PvE feels so much better and PvP is just dope and this is coming from someone who hates Destiny 1's PvP. 

No, Bungie specifically said that same type elements do damage to supers, unless that has changed since E3

e

They either misspoke or the person who started spreading that misunderstood.

Energy weapons do bonus damage to supers, the actual element doesn't matter. An arc weapon melts a Dawnblade, for example.

Out of everyone in the world, I trust beyond taste if games. How is the Gameplay different from d1? Were there any moments in PvP where you were like.. "that'd a bullshit kill"?

Played it for at least 15+ hours and I love it. PvE feels so much better and PvP is just dope and this is coming from someone who hates Destiny 1's PvP. 

I can't stand the changes. The fun of Destiny was how balls to the wall nuts it could get. There's a bunch of other shooters that do the same thing as Destiny 2 and I don't have to grind for gear in them beyond XP based unlocks.

D2 feels like I spent a bunch of time playing Mario Kart with people and having fun but that one guy over in the corner wants Forza so we all have to play Forza now.

Edit: PvE is terrible now. It's just peek and shoot all day long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Out of everyone in the world, I trust beyond taste if games. How is the Gameplay different from d1? Were there any moments in PvP where you were like.. "that'd a bullshit kill"?

It's the typical bungie move where they see how powerful things are and get scared and then nerf the shit out of them. If D1 was CE then D2 was Halo 2. Everything kills slower, there's cooldowns on EVERYTHING. Supers are super fucking generic and lame now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the typical bungie move where they see how powerful things are and get scared and then nerf the shit out of them. If D1 was CE then D2 was Halo 2. Everything kills slower, there's cooldowns on EVERYTHING. Supers are super fucking generic and lame now.

But can't you argue that D1 has a shit ton of cheese kills - spawn with sniper, spawn with shot gun, so they slow down everything so there aren't any crappy bullshit 1 hit weapons?

I won't argue on the Supers. 

But can't you argue that D1 has a shit ton of cheese kills - spawn with sniper, spawn with shot gun, so they slow down everything so there aren't any crappy bullshit 1 hit weapons?

I won't argue on the Supers.

Sure, which is why I see Destiny 2 as a sideways evolution. On one hand you don't have fast killing weapons so youre really not powerful like you were in D1 where you could just roll through teams. But on the other hand they got rid of most of things that were really bullshit, so..pros and cons. Do you value empowerment or fair kills? As halo players we can agree the best solution would've been to keep the sniper and shotty as secondaries but make them much more difficult to use but Bungie isn't a fan of that.

The 4v4 player count is weird. I like it more than 6v6 but less than 3v3. Again, pros and cons. It's just bleh to me

• Upvote (+1) 1