CyReN

Destiny Discussion

It really does kind of look the same. Not that it looked bad before but idk something about the colors looked stale

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looked like the same thing with prettier environments.

30fps. No mid air accuracy. And all 3 of the supers looked like the same exact thing, all melee weapons. Lame as shit. If I didn't get this game free under Activision I wouldn't buy it

Looked like the same thing with prettier environments.

30fps. No mid air accuracy. And all 3 of the supers looked like the same exact thing, all melee weapons. Lame as shit. If I didn't get this game free under Activision I wouldn't buy it

so it sounds like a proper sequal aimed at their core fan base...don't see anything bad about it...

I only played the first game because it was part of my XBO/MCC/Destiny-Bundle and after what I've seen I'm not going to buy part 2 but I'm rather impresed by the scale of their reveal.

so it sounds like a proper sequal aimed at their core fan base...don't see anything bad about it...

I only played the first game because it was part of my XBO/MCC/Destiny-Bundle and after what I've seen I'm not going to buy part 2 but I'm rather impresed by the scale of their reveal.

Normally id agree but D1 was so horribly underwhelming you'd think they'd go back to their old promises about huge open environments and hidden areas.

They just took their bad practices from D1 and rehashed them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Normally id agree but D1 was so horribly underwhelming you'd think they'd go back to their old promises about huge open environments and hidden areas.

Didn't the game have a huge following despite beeing lackluster and underwhelming?

Why risk losing your core fans who seem to enjoy a rather shallow and repatitive game if you can give them what they want without having to put much work in it

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see their initial vision of the game come to life but I didn't expect is to happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe Destiny's style of gameplay just isn't what we like. Looks overambitious, but fun? Maybe. It does look more evolved than Destiny. 

Not yet sold. I could just preorder it for the Beta to determine if I want it. 

Also I am 50/50 for the inverse Avenger's style narrative. It sounds good, but will it be meaningful and create iconic characters? Don't know yet. That might not be the writers' teams' goal. 

Didn't the game have a huge following despite beeing lackluster and underwhelming?

Why risk losing your core fans who seem to enjoy a rather shallow and repatitive game if you can give them what they want without having to put much work in it

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see their initial vision of the game come to life but I didn't expect is to happen

Not everyone likes a deep FPS, but you do have a good point. Some just enjoy a simple shooter. Its more about community than competition...something 343 needs to take more into consideration.

PC uncapped, consoles 30fps.

Haven't heard on the PS4 Pro / Scorpio

Here's the two types of summaries that I've noticed on this site:

"Halo has changed too much, they should keep the same formula, but slightly evolve it."

"Destiny 2 looks like it hasn't changed enough, it's basically the same game."

The fact that Destiny 2 looks like a bulkier, fuller-featured Destiny actually encourages me quite a bit. It shows that Bungie isn't going to fix what isn't broken (gameplay feel and 30-second fun loop), but is willing to fix what isn't broke (a severe lack of content and world cohesion). Granted, we're going to have to wait and see about the second half, but even if it's Destiny 1.5, I honestly think I'll get my money's worth.

Also: PC. PC, guys. PC, yo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny is way more popular than Halo, for me the games shallow but to call the first one a failed game? 3 years after its release Destiny sits around the 10th most popular on xbox, something which Halo 5 could only dream of at this stage.

Destiny 2 seems to have improved story telling, improved PvP, look prettier and improve features while still being Destiny.

Destiny is way more popular than Halo, for me the games shallow but to call the first one a failed game? 3 years after its release Destiny sits around the 10th most popular on xbox, something which Halo 5 could only dream of at this stage.

Destiny 2 seems to have improved story telling, improved PvP, look prettier and improve features while still being Destiny.

I dunno who said destiny is a failed game but that person is a complete idiot..

Destiny is so big bungie pretty much said fuck you e3 we gonna do our own show and got over 400k watching.

Bring on destiny 2!

Bungie >

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe Destiny's style of gameplay just isn't what we like. Looks overambitious, but fun? Maybe. It does look more evolved than Destiny. 

Not yet sold. I could just preorder it for the Beta to determine if I want it. 

Also I am 50/50 for the inverse Avenger's style narrative. It sounds good, but will it be meaningful and create iconic characters? Don't know yet. That might not be the writers' teams' goal.

What do you mean "we"

• Downvote (-1) 1

No dedicated servers, 30 FPS? Why is bungie trying to mess this up? I'm not usually that guy, but it is 2017, if they try to claim Scorpio can't run the game at 60 FPS they are full of it.

Game looks good though. Looks like Halo: Reach 2 to me.

No dedicated servers, 30 FPS? Why is bungie trying to mess this up? I'm not usually that guy, but it is 2017, if they try to claim Scorpio can't run the game at 60 FPS they are full of it.

Game looks good though. Looks like Halo: Reach 2 to me.

Would have to 30FPS regardless for PvP reasons.

They done that? did you even watch the damn thing? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Would have to 30FPS regardless for PvP reasons.

No they wouldn't. Significantly more competitive games run on variable hardware with about a million graphical options including unlocked framerates and they're just fine. They really shouldn't hold anything back just so people with a crapbox can feel happier. 

No they wouldn't. Significantly more competitive games run on variable hardware with about a million graphical options including unlocked framerates and they're just fine. They really shouldn't hold anything back just so people with a crapbox can feel happier. 

I guess I'm a little lost here. Those with variable hardware do have unlocked framerates.

They probably could hit 60fps on consoles if they really wanted to, but they chose graphical fidelity over fps.

Giving the Scorpio/PS4 Pro users 60fps > regular console users just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. Even if the competitive nature of that game isn't as high as others.

I guess I'm a little lost here. Those with variable hardware do have unlocked framerates.

They probably could hit 60fps on consoles if they really wanted to, but they chose graphical fidelity over fps.

Giving the Scorpio/PS4 Pro users 60fps just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. Even if the competitive nature of that game isn't as high as others.

Not always some games lock and just suffer if the PC can't keep up. What I'm saying is that they can easily allow pro/scorpio to hit 60 and it doesn't have any real competitive consequence outside of the very top end players preferring, obviously, to use the best hardware. I'm confused how you think its a good idea to make the game play and look worse for the sake of people using older hardware even if you yourself aren't using it. Its the equivalent of locking CS at 30 FPS because some players have really shit PCs. They created the same situation when they started to release different hardware specs on consoles. There is no real difference. The actual solution is just to provide different settings depending on what console is being used and if people want more then they can buy a better system. Otherwise what was the point in creating pro/scorpio?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not always some games lock and just suffer if the PC can't keep up. What I'm saying is that they can easily allow pro/scorpio to hit 60 and it doesn't have any real competitive consequence outside of the very top end players preferring, obviously, to use the best hardware. I'm confused how you think its a good idea to make the game play and look worse for the sake of people using older hardware even if you yourself aren't using it. Its the equivalent of locking CS at 30 FPS because some players have really shit PCs. They created the same situation when they started to release different hardware specs on consoles. There is no real difference.

What is there to be confused about? I never said it was a good idea. I said it doesn't seem like a smart move to me. I'm an advocate for 60fps in any and every game. I wish developers built around that rather than graphical fidelity.

I'll concede that my original post was a little misinformed and you definitely could run the game at both and the game would be fine. I just think everybody likes to have competitive advantages (elite, scuf, 144hz, etc) even if it doesn't enhance their ability to play. I think you alienate part of your competitive community by telling them that they have a competitive disadvantage because they can't afford a $400+ consoles.

The beauty of CS, Dota, LoL, Overwatch and a lot of competitive games is that you don't need a $1000+ desktop to hit the 60fps mark. I think the optimal solution here would to give players an option of what they want. Do you want the game to look pretty or have better framerates, but for some reason its never built into console games.

What is there to be confused about? I never said it was a good idea. I said it doesn't seem like a smart move to me. I'm an advocate for 60fps in any and every game. I wish developers built around that rather than graphical fidelity.

I'll concede that my original post was a little misinformed and you definitely could run the game at both and the game would be fine. I just think everybody likes to have competitive advantages (elite, scuf, 144hz, etc) even if it doesn't enhance their ability to play. I think you alienate part of your competitive community by telling them that they have a competitive disadvantage because they can't afford a 400+ consoles.

The beauty of CS, Dota, LoL, Overwatch and a lot of competitive games is that you don't need a $1000+ desktop to hit the 60fps mark. I think the optimal solution here would to give players an option of what they want. Do you want the game to look pretty or have better framerates, but for some reason its never built into console games.

Ahh I must have misunderstood a bit then. I kind of agree for CS even though for those guys 60 is nothing and its more like 200+ and 144hz etc so if you really care you'll end up spending a lot more than $400. The game works fine without all of that stuff though and I'd think bungie could come to a similar status quo between weaker and stronger consoles. It'll just feel so bad to play 30 on Xbox and then swap to my PC and probably pull 200+. At least I can pay for the PC version with WoW gold lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1