CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I was hoping we'd see something from in-game, but it really looks like they are pushing a character-heavy story which is going to be awesome.

In case someone wanders in here and hasn't seen it yet:

Loot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw the trailer, walked across the street from my apartment to the Gamestop. Pre-ordered on PC and got that sweet Cayde 6 figurine. 

So excited for this on PC. Now I just need to upgrade my rig before September 8.

It's been 6 years since I've done my rig, guess it's time.

I am very positive Bungie will have learned almost nothing.

Let us see what's in store.

Are you referring to multiplayer, or the game as a whole? Because they learned way more than nothing in the past two years.

Are you referring to multiplayer, or the game as a whole? Because they learned way more than nothing in the past two years.

The latter.

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt when it comes to this company and 343. Both of them have disappointed me time and time again.

Having ran the raid challenge 3 times this past week I'm impressed at how much more fun they managed to make it with small tweaks to the encounters, cracking down on cheese, and genuinely rewarding loot drops. 

Bit of a shame it took them almost 3 years to make the raids feel properly rewarding, but hopefully it's a lesson carried over to Destiny 2.

I've been puttering around in Destiny the past couple of weeks, so if any of you need a second for a Nightfall or Iron Banana and whatnot, shoot me an invite on Xbox.

Raids are a bit more difficult for me to schedule (I have a 10-month-old that's allergic to sleep, so I have to dodge in and out of matches at times), but if you desperately need a sixth, I'm the man to screw it up for you.

As far as content goes, Destiny hasn't been nearly this much fun since House of Wolves came out mid 2015 a few months before The Taken King.

Having all raids be relevant instead of just one provides plenty of variety of stuff to do and collect, especially if you play Destiny correctly and have 3 characters, 1 of each class.

And yes, the game has definitely improved over the past few years, with the revamped(recycled) content showing how they have been able to 'fix' old boss fights for the better, and how other parts of the game are much more streamlined now.

However, it doesn't change the fact that the game was and is an incomplete and incoherent mess at launch up to now.

The lack of an actual coherent and complete in-game story and the fun but competitive joke of a multiplayer are easily some major things that hold this game back.

Not to mention the constant Bungie balance solution of nerfing the fun out of literally the entire sandbox has ruined quite a bit of the joy the game used to have when killing stuff. They have not learned much of anything on that front yet.

Otherwise, I will say that one thing Destiny seems to nail for the most part is the social part of gaming(although at the same time not so anti-solo). The game is built on it. And it does that well.

I will admit that while I am interested in seeing what they do with the sequel, Destiny 2 will be a tentative purchase. I don't want to waste time and money on yet another incomplete game. Only time will tell if they have learned from their mistakes.

7z4eNp9.png

If my pet bird can sit on my shoulder in the Tower-equivalent I'm going to spend so much fucking money on this game

• Upvote (+1) 1

3rd person toggle? Yeah I don't believe that. All of that sounds really fake

Until you get into combat. Right now you can't see your player unless you are in a social space or do an emote. Makes sense to me.

@@Infinity where'd you get that image?

It was posted on 4chan or something and wasn't considered legitimate, but then GameStop leaked some Destiny 2 clothing that had logos of the three creatures that this post described.

I don't have a lot of hype, but if Bungie can do justice with Destiny 2 like they did with their previous sequel to an original title (Halo 2), then maybe I'll play. I just want a quality mix of storytelling and characters with gameplay that isn't dependent on too much repetition. Lately I've changed my gaming mindset to more story oriented games than multiplayer. I still want good multiplayer/shared world experiences though.

Its basically a competition between Destiny 2 and other Project Scorpio or PlayStation games for this fall that I will play. I'm itching for a good sci fi/fantasy space opera game that fills the void until Halo 6 (yes I know Halo isn't a sci fi/ fantasy game). 

Too many games! 

I am a little disappointed that they didn't change the game more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1