CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I still need to get all 3 challenges done and finish it on hard mode for my Moments of Triumph. Totally down to raid tonight or tomorrow.

Well currently I'm not able to, I was talking about the raid coming with Rise of Iron.

Got on this morning, was having trouble signing in. Decided to drive over to the local gas station roughly 2 minutes away and grab a drink. In that time, they started the queues and even with only 5-7 minutes absence, I was over 80,000th in line.

Still managed to get a couple missions in before work, and so far, so good. Still dreading hopping back into the one-shot super-and-shotgun party that is PvP, but the gunplay still feels amazing (H5 aiming-on-stilts, I'm looking at you right now), so I'll probably brave it at some point.

I really was hoping with RoI that they would not let you infuse Taken King gear.

Hopefully the ornament (able) gear will entice me to want to go with a new gear set.

Beat the raid opening night. Used the Omnigul glitch to get everyone at 365 and then used marks, engrams, and armor/weapon packs to get higher.

For the most part it was fairly easy. Opening phase took us just a little bit to figure out. Second phase took us longer to figure out and then felt stupid for not getting it earlier. The third phase was easy, but the final phase took us a lot longer to figure out even though it's just one more step than the third phase.

Mob wise it's not difficult at all even though the enemies light levels range from 350-370. We had one person (me) at 367 and I hardly ever died from mobs. The bosses weren't over difficult except for the last boss. We needed a ton of DPS to get him down.

Now that I've beaten the raid though I feel like I once again have nothing else to do in this game. I could grind out more gear and weapons but why? PvP is fun when friends are on, but they play modes that I can use older gear and be fine.

Beat the raid opening night. Used the Omnigul glitch to get everyone at 365 and then used marks, engrams, and armor/weapon packs to get higher.

For the most part it was fairly easy. Opening phase took us just a little bit to figure out. Second phase took us longer to figure out and then felt stupid for not getting it earlier. The third phase was easy, but the final phase took us a lot longer to figure out even though it's just one more step than the third phase.

Mob wise it's not difficult at all even though the enemies light levels range from 350-370. We had one person (me) at 367 and I hardly ever died from mobs. The bosses weren't over difficult except for the last boss. We needed a ton of DPS to get him down.

Now that I've beaten the raid though I feel like I once again have nothing else to do in this game. I could grind out more gear and weapons but why? PvP is fun when friends are on, but they play modes that I can use older gear and be fine.

What is this omnigul glitch that everyone is doing lol ive just been playing normally trying to level up

What is this omnigul glitch that everyone is doing lol ive just been playing normally trying to level up

I've done with with two Arc Warlocks and one Void Hunter, but I know there are more ways to do it.

The first moment you see omnigul there is a pillar next to her with some small spikes at the bottom. Shoot the Hunter Ult around the spikes to tether omnigul. Both wizards pop their ults and single jump around her, so that you don't stop attacking and it helps avoid the knight shots. You'll get her really close to dead if not kill her entirely, if she still has a little bit of health just shoot her until she dies.

The Warlocks should have chaining abilities on just so that the enemies that spawn behind you get killed. Once she is dead, clean up whatever is on the lower side of the hill just so you don't die grabbing the engrams and orbs (or use invis grenades). Die and do it all over again.

She will only drop one legendary engram and maybe not even that, but blue engrams will go to 365. As soon as you get something better you need to equip it so that you can continually find better light levels. If you don't you'll just continue getting the same light level. You'll also hit roadblocks where you wont get anything new after 10-15 times, you just have to keep grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that farming just sounds brutal. I play a warlock and my buddy plays a titan if we got a third could we do this still?

I don't think the Titan could do enough damage, with both warlocks you kill omnigul as soon as their supers are done. You could try the old way tho, with the exotic arc swords.

The burn changes this week tho, no? So it might be easier because the hardest part is the witches and boomers hitting you with arc damage.

I've seen people do it with swords but it takes much longer. They kill omnigul running up the hill which could trigger the end of the strike I think. I was always told don't go up there.

Probably won't be as farmable with burn, though one of my friends was hitting bosses at 130k with the one shot golden gun. So perhaps tether + golden gun + sword could work. I have no idea how much health omnigul has.

Finished the raid at 380 LL.

I think we pulled off every encounter first run, including Aksis Phase 2.

Fucking. Top.

Fucking. Top.

What do you think your time was with your group? My group did the same today, and we did it in probably 1 hour and 30 minutes. Spent most of it trying to figure out 4th monitor.

What do you think your time was with your group? My group did the same today, and we did it in probably 1 hour and 30 minutes. Spent most of it trying to figure out 4th monitor.

Around an hour and 15 mins, including the time we spent finding most of the chests.

Around an hour and 15 mins, including the time we spent finding most of the chests.

You get the monitor, and chest that they finally figured out? GOing to get mine this weekend

You get the monitor, and chest that they finally figured out? GOing to get mine this weekend

Not yet. Hoping to do that tonight but depends if my team has decent levelled characters.

Anyone see the article on Kotaku about Destiny 2? ( http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460 ) Looks to be headed in a much better direction than Destiny ended up in my opinion. I was a Bungie Podcast fan back in the day (even though they pretty consistently shat on the competitive community), so I'm pretty excited to see Luke Smith in charge of the game. I was mostly disappointed by Destiny, but there's a lot of ideas here and there that could make for an amazing game if done right.

As for Rise of Iron, I feel like there were some missed opportunities to expand Destiny's story. Story spoiler for the last main quest mission:

I think the infected Iron Lords could have been a really cool set of villains (if a bit cliched in the sci-fi world)

Seems like monitors don't reset? Had a lfg dude join at the end (phase 2) we grabbed the last monitor and he was able to enter and grab the quest chest. Party leader went to orbit also, and he got the quest too.

Fucking. Top.

Did you know what to do or did you go into the raid blind?

If its the latter that's really impressive.

We went in blind and the only phase we got first try was the entrance to the raid. Second part took us a minute to figure out, I kept wondering what the monitors meant and randomly saw one pop up after like 20 tries. Third part we died probably 5 times before we understood what to do. First phase on the last boss took us 3 or 4 tries and the last boss took us a million tries.

Did you know what to do or did you go into the raid blind?

If its the latter that's really impressive.

We went in blind and the only phase we got first try was the entrance to the raid. Second part took us a minute to figure out, I kept wondering what the monitors meant and randomly saw one pop up after like 20 tries. Third part we died probably 5 times before we understood what to do. First phase on the last boss took us 3 or 4 tries and the last boss took us a million tries.

I went into the final boss blind, kind of. I had streams loaded with it on release but I wasn't paying attention.

My raid group explained the mechanics and I picked it up as we went along.