CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I had a stupid k/d in the crucible and simply quit after getting to 32. Hated hated hated the competitive scene on this game. I used the Strangers Rifle almost exclusively in the Crucible because it was closest to the BR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the map for the Plaguelands is supposed to be pretty big. Although they reference the Dreadnaught I can't tell if they claim it's bigger or not.

Is Destiny 2 going to be better for MPm have they said anything yet?

I honestly hope it gets cut, it's only a detriment to the PvE aspects of the game.

I honestly hope it gets cut, it's only a detriment to the PvE aspects of the game.

I unno. I think Destiny could have a really could MP, but it would almost have to be a separate game

They should make it an MMO already. Nvm this borderlands style

I unno. I think Destiny could have a really could MP, but it would almost have to be a separate game

They should make it an MMO already. Nvm this borderlands style

It already pretty much is.

It already pretty much is.

Meh. More like a borderlands/journey type of MP.

I mean a true mmo like elderscrolls online, ff14, WoW and the guild 2

The world is so empty and you fly a jet to the main area where other people chill.

It needs a main space station, but then each map needs to have a main town/safe station and mini safe stations through out the map.

I just started playing and the maps feel dead

I get that PvE is the focus, but, seriously, Crucible is borderline incompetent from a design perspective. The vast majority of the maps are crap; needlessly stretched out, overwhelmingly horizontal (despite the presence of double and triple jumps in this game), series of random hallways, corners, and clutter. I've played one that I might describe as good. Camping is all but directly encouraged. The weapon balance is necessarily a joke, though they apparently keep trying to put a band-aid on it by nerfing things. One shot guardian abilities are just stupid. Oh, and of course there's the complete lack of any transparency regarding enemy abilities and attributes.

I agree. Crucible is bad right now, man. 

The best Destiny maps are the ones that have a decent amount of free space. Like Shores of Time and Rusted Lands. Those work in 6v6, but the game is borderline unplayable when Asylum, Thieves' Den, Drifter, or Vertigo come up, and those are weighted very highly in 6v6. 

Camping happens far more often in this "era" of PvP because of the ineffectiveness of primary weapons. The best way to go positive is just to play passively. In the House of Wolves era, we could challenge snipers with Thorn and The Last Word. Every weapon class has been given a blanket nerf. It's hilarious that they gave Handcannons a bloom mechanic in a recent weapon update because top-tier players did too well with them. 

The thing that keeps me away most from the game is the skill-based matchmaking system. I'm a player with a 2.0+ kd / 70% win percentage, and it's quite obvious to me that my matches I queue solo are rigged for me to lose. That or I have to carry bunch of fannies that get slopped onto my team, while the enemy team is comprised of competent players. The only gametype I enjoy playing still is Trials of Osiris. At least those matches have game connection prioritized for the most part. The overall matchmaking in Crucible is ridiculous since winning doesn't matter and there's no visual ranking system. So you're basically trying hard for nothing. And that gets dull. 

The game has some potential, but I'm not sure if the right people are in charge of the MP. One time, a user on Twitter complained to a Crucible design lead that SBMM ruins any fun in the game, and the Bungie employee told the person to "play strikes" instead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think that would be a good solution. Really, you could just as easily say that the PvE is a detriment to the PvP. What they need to do is make PvE and PvP completely separate sandboxes instead of trying pretend that any overlap actually works. Crucible needs to cut the fat (I can think of numerous ways in which this could be done) and the PvE needs the freedom to be as ridiculous as possible. They can't do that while trying to put everything in both without breaking shit.

I don't think that would be a good solution. Really, you could just as easily say that the PvE is a detriment to the PvP. What they need to do is make PvE and PvP completely separate sandboxes instead of trying pretend that any overlap actually works. Crucible needs to cut the fat (I can think of numerous ways in which this could be done) and the PvE needs the freedom to be as ridiculous as possible. They can't do that while trying to put everything in both without breaking shit.

This is Bungie remember. They have too much bullshit to make the sandboxes completely different. Which is why I say cut PvP. Only 15% of the Destiny population actually plays Crucible anyhow (according to Bungie at least) So they wont be losing much.

Trials of Osiris Highlights from the past weekend's rotating maps. 

Lots of handcannon work, some sticks, cross map grenade kills, clutch snipes, quick scopes, etc. 

How does it work in other MMOs?

They should have arenas for certain levels. Like 1 to 10

10 to 20, etc.

Bungie needs to accept that if it wants to be a better game. just accept that it's an mmo

I tried pvp after 1 year break. Looks like it hasn't improved at all. Its still everyone sliding with shotguns. Primaries are pretty much useless.

I tried pvp after 1 year break. Looks like it hasn't improved at all. Its still everyone sliding with shotguns. Primaries are pretty much useless.

Pretty much.  The recent update nerfed snipers in order to increase primary counter-play against them (much needed imo), but it really doesn't matter when every map seems to be custom built for shotguns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So as everyone probably knows, private matches got introduced today. Anyone who wants to play any games send me a message or friend me my gamertag is "corgi" and I play with people of all skill levels.

We gonna get a raid group going for Friday night? Come on faaaaaaam.

Next Friday by the by when the ROI raid comes out.

I still need to get all 3 challenges done and finish it on hard mode for my Moments of Triumph. Totally down to raid tonight or tomorrow.