CyReN

Destiny Discussion

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Well @@Moa likes to ignore my raid requests but I know he plays. Maybe @@Infinity will possibly join. That's all I can think of.

Also still have never gotten a perfect Trials card which sucks.

I guess the question is what console does everyone primarily play on? I am on PS4 for Destiny unfortunately :( 

KCVRD.jpg

So much for destiny is dead lol..

this is so good. love this guy.

Just realised theres a destiny thread, so thought I should ask this here. I plan on buying the taken king collection in a few days, I'm just wondering, since its the summer I travel to different places, and that usually involves questionable internet connect. I get its an online game, but if I'm play solo content, would I still be experiencing lag if my internet lags for a bit?

Just realised theres a destiny thread, so thought I should ask this here. I plan on buying the taken king collection in a few days, I'm just wondering, since its the summer I travel to different places, and that usually involves questionable internet connect. I get its an online game, but if I'm play solo content, would I still be experiencing lag if my internet lags for a bit?

Probably just constant DCes. Which is about it. Ironically the lag in Destiny isn't bad but it will disconnect you for the smallest thing.

Probably just constant DCes. Which is about it. Ironically the lag in Destiny isn't bad but it will disconnect you for the smallest thing.

Do you still play destiny? Maybe when I get it we can play bit, I have no clue about anything about destiny, confuses me a lot :S

Do you still play destiny? Maybe when I get it we can play bit, I have no clue about anything about destiny, confuses me a lot :S

I play a lot actually. Although I've been super addicted to Dragon Age Inquisition lately.

I play a lot actually. Although I've been super addicted to Dragon Age Inquisition lately.

Fuck I need to get around playing that, wish I never bought it. Delayed playing it for a while, got stuck to Witcher and never came back to it. It's now free on EA access... I even bought the extra edition with the special armor.

Anyways I'm really excited to jump into destiny, I don't know why I never gave it a shot before, but it looks so good, art style and all. 

Fuck I need to get around playing that, wish I never bought it. Delayed playing it for a while, got stuck to Witcher and never came back to it. It's now free on EA access... I even bought the extra edition with the special armor.

Anyways I'm really excited to jump into destiny, I don't know why I never gave it a shot before, but it looks so good, art style and all. 

You should totally play it. If I'm gonna be honest its my all time favorite game (although my opinion is different from most others.

watching it now. please pop in from time to time if you have anything to share. Miss ya dude.

<3

and all of my Destiny montages are named after Halo CE things of course

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny noob here.

I played Destiny waaay back when, when it first came out.  I beat the campaign and then played maybe 5 more hours before getting bored.   Now, one of my cousins wants me to get back into it to play with him.  I don't have any of the expansions and I'm not even sure how to buy the expansions.   There are like a million different bundles in the store and I'm not sure which gets me all the expansions they've had so far.   Maybe I should wait for the next expansion?  

Has there been any indication of Destiny coming to PC?  I would hop back on board in an instant if it was.  Is it worth trying to get back into?     I wasn't much for the multiplayer but I enjoyed the single player.   Would it be worth buying the expansions for the single player content they bring alone?   How long would it take to beat the single player content of all of the expansions? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny noob here.

I played Destiny waaay back when, when it first came out.  I beat the campaign and then played maybe 5 more hours before getting bored.   Now, one of my cousins wants me to get back into it to play with him.  I don't have any of the expansions and I'm not even sure how to buy the expansions.   There are like a million different bundles in the store and I'm not sure which gets me all the expansions they've had so far.   Maybe I should wait for the next expansion?  

Has there been any indication of Destiny coming to PC?  I would hop back on board in an instant if it was.  Is it worth trying to get back into?     I wasn't much for the multiplayer but I enjoyed the single player.   Would it be worth buying the expansions for the single player content they bring alone?   How long would it take to beat the single player content of all of the expansions? 

Buying The Taken King will give you both DLC 1 & 2. 

If you're not really that interested in it right now, I'd hold off until Rise of Iron comes out. They will probably bundle Destiny, DLC 1, DLC 2, The Taken King and Rise of Iron into one bundle for like 60 dollar. 

No indication of PC release, in fact they're constantly saying no to it even recently. 

I wouldn't bother picking it back up if you're only interested in single player content. Destiny shines with its co-op experiences like strikes and raids, more so the latter. 

Length entirely depends on your level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Back on the Destiny train boys! I don't know what type of savage witchcraft my friend pulled on me but he managed to get me to download it again after not playing since MCC came out. Here goes nothing!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're not really that interested in it right now, I'd hold off until Rise of Iron comes out. They will probably bundle Destiny, DLC 1, DLC 2, The Taken King and Rise of Iron into one bundle for like 60 dollar. 

Rise of Iron won't have a Legendary Bundle.

Rise of Iron won't have a Legendary Bundle.

They said there would be no Collector's Edition, which was that 80 dollar bundle that every complained about for its exclusive content. 

Did they say anything about a bundle similar to the Legendary TTK one?

They said there would be no Collector's Edition, which was that 80 dollar bundle that every complained about for its exclusive content. 

Did they say anything about a bundle similar to the Legendary TTK one?

They didn't, and the way they worded the fact that TTK was a prerequisite made it seem like there won't be one, at least at launch.

The reason TTK had a Legendary Bundle was because of the disparity between the two DLC formats (TDB/HOW-size vs. TTK Size), people didn't have DLC's 1&2, and they wanted people to have the entire Destiny package because a lot of people didn't buy because of bad press that Vanilla Destiny got.

People are more on-board with Destiny now (obviously people still hate it), but Rise of Iron is a traditional expansion-only style deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with Destiny right now is the lack of content if you are up to LL 335. How many times can I do the Raid, Challenge of Elders, etc. and not get bored of it? I am truly pumped for Rise of Iron, and have it pre-ordered already, but 3 months is a long time to wait. 

I finally broke down and bought this game, looking for something relaxing and mindless to play. Of course the Taken King just comes with the Vanilla Destiny disc and an 18 gig patch, so that was nice.

Am I missing something or is the Crucible in this game just awful?

I finally broke down and bought this game, looking for something relaxing and mindless to play. Of course the Taken King just comes with the Vanilla Destiny disc and an 18 gig patch, so that was nice.

Am I missing something or is the Crucible in this game just awful?

It's not awful.

At least once you get used to it. Crucible really isn't a big deal in Destiny. The PvP is the main focus.

I get that PvE is the focus, but, seriously, Crucible is borderline incompetent from a design perspective. The vast majority of the maps are crap; needlessly stretched out, overwhelmingly horizontal (despite the presence of double and triple jumps in this game), series of random hallways, corners, and clutter. I've played one that I might describe as good. Camping is all but directly encouraged. The weapon balance is necessarily a joke, though they apparently keep trying to put a band-aid on it by nerfing things. One shot guardian abilities are just stupid. Oh, and of course there's the complete lack of any transparency regarding enemy abilities and attributes.

• Upvote (+1) 1