CyReN

Destiny Discussion

Both of them delivered the best line of dialogues so far - Ghost taking the piss out of Variks and Eris Morn sighing.

Yea if it wasn't for the Ghost I would be pissed but god damn did they do that well. I laughed so hard.

I'm really loving destiny again. Believe it or not I think I missed POE, if only we had a year two VOG.

I'm really loving destiny again. Believe it or not I think I missed POE, if only we had a year two VOG.

Same. I miss doing the old strikes as well like Sepiks and stuff.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Y2 VoG would make me more happy than anything Bungies done Y2 thus far. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1:1 Infusion is the best thing to happen in Year 2. I'm getting dope Legendary gear and not sharding it.

1:1 Infusion is the best thing to happen in Year 2. I'm getting dope Legendary gear and not sharding it.

Omg yes. I actually feel like if I want gear for myself then I can. I consider the 1:1 infusion to be the update and everything else to be padding.

Soloed Challenge of the Elders without any real difficulty. 

Much faster to grind this than force yourself through PoE 41 when there's nobody else online.

Soloed Challenge of the Elders without any real difficulty. 

Much faster to grind this than force yourself through PoE 41 when there's nobody else online.

Yea well I've messaged you at least twice about Kings Fall and I'm always online. Although my controller is now broken.

With all the speculation of cross platforming, do you guys think Bungie(and more so Activision) are going to take part?  

With all the speculation of cross platforming, do you guys think Bungie(and more so Activision) are going to take part?  

If they do. I'm hoping for a XB V PS playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they do. I'm hoping for a XB V PS playlist.

If they do I doubt they'd do something like that.  A contest for it on the website would be cool...If they have custom matches etc in Destiny 2.  But a playlist like that would drive plebs away and considering Destinys player pop is 99% plebs it would be a ghost town.

If Sony still has exclusive rights to content, then no. Bungie/Activision would have to void that contract and allow both Sony and Microsoft users to receive the same content at the same time. The only way I see around this would be if the early access content was purely cosmetic (shaders, sparrows, emotes, ghost shells).

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Sony still has exclusive rights to content, then no. Bungie/Activision would have to void that contract and allow both Sony and Microsoft users to receive the same content at the same time. The only way I see around this would be if the early access content was purely cosmetic (shaders, sparrows, emotes, ghost shells).

While I agree with this I don't think this applies to the future title of Destiny 2 since this is not going to happen with the current game(or any current game yet.)  Unless they already said that Sony would have dlc exclusive rights for the next game.

Edit:  But I would love for the Destiny franchise in the future to be cross platform.  And have custom game lobbies etc.  Maybe 2 will be the one they treat more like an mmo.  Here is to hoping.

I don't see how.

Just don't let the exclusive shit drop for Xbox users?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see how.

Just don't let the exclusive shit drop for Xbox users?

If the game was cross platform how would that be fair in PvE and PvP scenarios? That would make no sense in both PvE and PvP, especially if you're an Xbox user going up against a PS4 user that has an exclusive weapon/armor piece that you can't use. The game balance would be even more broken than it is now. 

If the game was cross platform how would that be fair in PvE and PvP scenarios? That would make no sense in both PvE and PvP, especially if you're an Xbox user going up against a PS4 user that has an exclusive weapon/armor piece that you can't use. The game balance would be even more broken than it is now. 

You say that like the exclusive armour and guns are huge game changers. I only ever re-call Hawkmoon being one of the great exclusive guns and that got nerfed to oblivion before TTK launched.

I think the Jade Rabbit is a little powerful right now, maybe?

An idea is to just not make these exclusive armours and weapons extremely powerful.

You say that like the exclusive armour and guns are huge game changers. I only ever re-call Hawkmoon being one of the great exclusive guns and that got nerfed to oblivion before TTK launched.

I think the Jade Rabbit is a little powerful right now, maybe?

An idea is to just not make these exclusive armours and weapons extremely powerful.

Well yeah that's true. As long as any of the exclusive gear isn't game changing then I wouldn't mind. 

But let's say a exclusive gun is overpowered and brought into game modes like IB and Trials, then there will be an issue for sure.

Well yeah that's true. As long as any of the exclusive gear isn't game changing then I wouldn't mind. 

But let's say a exclusive gun is overpowered and brought into game modes like IB and Trials, then there will be an issue for sure.

Yea well us Xbox players have decades of being good at Bungie games. We will be fine.

God I had forgot how fun Destiny can be.

Cross platforming probably won't happen for Destiny(I mean lets face it, If D2 is anything similar/better mechanically than Destiny, I'm pretty sure its going to be a dead game.)  Destiny 2 I can see it being possible.  But something like the Jade rabbit can EASILY be countered by the Red Death/Harrowed Smite of Merain(in the right hands/Etc.  And unless you're just jesus with a hand cannon, you will get wrecked in pve(as far as I can remember hand cannons being treated in y2.)  I wouldn't honestly look at any of the exclusive gear giving anyone a leg up.  As a ps4 user, its not a game changer.  I use mix of raid/exotic gear.  pvp drops are never kind to me.

Is anyone else far more excited for Destiny 2 than they were for Destiny 1? I am. After all the new stuff added in TTK and the April update. Literally all they have to do is perfect this stuff and add a ton more content and this would be one of the best games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else far more excited for Destiny 2 than they were for Destiny 1? I am. After all the new stuff added in TTK and the April update. Literally all they have to do is perfect this stuff and add a ton more content and this would be one of the best games.

I feel like with a little bit of pvp reworking, maybe a few more classes....the biggest thing I'd have to say is getting rid of the fear of calling it an MMO and find a feasible way to come out with consistent content every 3-4 months with a major patch every other patch(roughly every 6 months, hotfixes and balances galore as needed.)  

And with all of that I feel like the game would be fucking amazing.  I've always enjoyed it with fresh content, but it just gets stale so quickly.  I've always said the game is great in theory, just poorly executed.  Hopefully Bungivision will throw down.

This is just ideas of mine btw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like with a little bit of pvp reworking, maybe a few more classes....the biggest thing I'd have to say is getting rid of the fear of calling it an MMO and find a feasible way to come out with consistent content every 3-4 months with a major patch every other patch(roughly every 6 months, hotfixes and balances galore as needed.)  

And with all of that I feel like the game would be fucking amazing.  I've always enjoyed it with fresh content, but it just gets stale so quickly.  I've always said the game is great in theory, just poorly executed.  Hopefully Bungivision will throw down.

This is just ideas of mine btw.

I personally hope they get rid of the support for 360 and PS3 with Destiny 2 and come out with a PC version. Upgrade the vaults, and get better and releashing new content periodically. Also raids that take at least a month for people to figure out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally hope they get rid of the support for 360 and PS3 with Destiny 2 and come out with a PC version. Upgrade the vaults, and get better and releashing new content periodically. Also raids that take at least a month for people to figure out.

I agree with every bit of that.  Especially the raids.  And the only thing I have to say about it being on PC is that I wouldn't want it to be cross platform.  Not in pvp anyway.

I agree with every bit of that.  Especially the raids.  And the only thing I have to say about it being on PC is that I wouldn't want it to be cross platform.  Not in pvp anyway.

Yea thats true. I especially wan't the raid bit. I'm sick of people finishing raids in a day. Doesn't seem as grand.