Sign in to follow this  
Cujjer

What keeps you from playing halo 1 in these dark times?

Played H1 on LAN just a 1v1 on Wizard and Prisoner honors. Had more fun than I could possibly have with anything else.

now just find 2 more people and enjoy halo at its finest

Eh, tried to play a game with my friend last night couldn't find his game in system link. Weird cause we were playing halo 2 fine.

Can anyone share a link for a h1 timer? And are people on xbc more receptive than years prior to newer h1 players?

Can anyone share a link for a h1 timer? And are people on xbc more receptive than years prior to newer h1 players?

We like new players.

there are try hard parties and then there are casuals. I personally don't care.

I use this one:

download it was a .mp4 (don't use the link in the description), and put it on your ipod.

We are receptive to people who put in the effort to become competent at the game. We are not receptive to players who are going to come play halo 1 maybe twice then never be heard of again. we get alot of those kind of people so it is your job to prove to us that you are not one of them. If you want help or tips ask for them, dont expect us to bend over backwards to make this fun for you.

Hard to get a LAN going for me and whenever I do play PC/XBC I always have connection issues. I have a much easier time playing H2V or H2 XBC.

We are receptive to people who put in the effort to become competent at the game. We are not receptive to players who are going to come play halo 1 maybe twice then never be heard of again. we get alot of those kind of people so it is your job to prove to us that you are not one of them. If you want help or tips ask for them, dont expect us to bend over backwards to make this fun for you.

See I love Halo 1 but I hate attitudes like this. At the end of the day it's a game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

See I love Halo 1 but I hate attitudes like this. At the end of the day it's a game.

Indeed it is but people flaking on you is not part of the game and that is what we get upset about. Every difficulty you will experience trying to get into halo 1 everyone playing has faced at some point. do you think that we just jumped on xbc and started timing weapons, using  forced/random spawns and nadetricks instantly? do you really think that we didnt have to work to get the players together for lan?

Teaching new people to play is one of my favorite things to do, it makes me review every tactic and decision i use and seeing someone take your suggestions and use them to great success is an amazing feeling. on the other hand listening to some self entitled player who thinks that because he can do well in matchmaking on the easymode halos he should transition over to halo 1 like its no big deal is probably the most anger inducing thing possible to experience with halo 1. It is very annoying to hear people come in and bitch about how "if this was lan" and "the ping just keeps screwing me over" along with "the PR is such BS, he just freezes me and i cant do anything" just because they never learned how to kill a player besides putting their reticle on a player and shooting.

I worked my ass off to get where i am with halo 1, dont you dare try and take that away from me and the other halo guys by painting us as eltist players just because you arent willing to go the distance to make halo 1 fun for you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright dude, I obviously would play to get better at the game (otherwise I wouldn't be here), it's just your post came off as being suspicious of randoms without regard to intentions. My bad

Alright dude, I obviously would play to get better at the game (otherwise I wouldn't be here), it's just your post came off as being suspicious of randoms without regard to intentions. My bad

Its cool, there are just alot of people floating around saying that xbc people are jerks which leads to people who have literally never played halo 1 xbc repeating what those few people said so i just want to get rid of any misconceptions. I within 6 months went from being someone nobody knows on xbc to getting in games with people like pacmayne, Dr montage, sapien, mando, legendpimps and last night i got to play against patch and mighty. Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.

tbh, i have never played h1 on xbc so im afraid of gettin on and just get destroyed over and over again.

Of course you're going to get destroyed. That's why you just keep at it until you get good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tbh, i have never played h1 on xbc so im afraid of gettin on and just get destroyed over and over again.

Think not of the destruction that will be inflicted on you if you chose to enter the world of halo 1 but rather think of the potential destruction that you can inflict and the journey to inflict it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People on XBC are huge dicks and are going to call you bad and/or boot you. 

I would really just wait until MCC drops, seriously. You'll have plenty of time to get good then and you won't have to deal with the attitude. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been playing Halo PC.  No real excuse for not playing XBC other than the fact that I can easily hop on Halo PC and actually play at any time.

Just started playing Halo 2 again on XBC and Xlink.

While most of Halo PC is big team CTF and noobs who why to shoot you across the map with an AR, there are some servers with good settings and people who aren't terrible, but it's nowhere near how good people on XBC are.

Cujjer, would love to get some more games with you man. You are solid on xbc.

I get home from work at 11:30 EST so if you are up around then we can play. On weekends im almost always lanning so that doesnt work either

I would really just wait until MCC drops, seriously. You'll have plenty of time to get good then and you won't have to deal with the attitude. 

How would you know its not like you have actually played xbc.

Or you could just man the fuck up.  Get a timer join a game, tell people you're new and play on host's team.  A lot of the time people just wanna shoot and will take anyone to play with.  If you get kicked then you get kicked and its just cause people want good games.  Don't take it personally, move on, and play some more.  Eventually you'll get to a place where you might not be anything special but you'll be solid enough that people will wanna play with you.  Don't be discouraging new XBC players Lemon.

Boohoo.

XBC has always sucked and the people on it have always sucked.

Soon it and its tidy little core of assholes are going to be irrelevant, and to that I say halle-fucking-lujah.

If everyone in this community acted like most of the people who still game H1, we wouldn't even have a community.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I get home from work at 11:30 EST so if you are up around then we can play. On weekends im almost always lanning so that doesnt work either

How would you know its not like you have actually played xbc.

Yeah it's not like I wrote a guide to setting it up, or anything...

Boohoo.

XBC has always sucked and the people on it have always sucked.

Soon it and its tidy little core of assholes are going to be irrelevant, and to that I say halle-fucking-lujah.

If everyone in this community acted like most of the people who still game H1, we wouldn't even have a community.

Yeah the community that is still after 13 years willing to fly across the country to lan is somehow a bunch of assholes. My question still stands, how do you know what the halo 1 community is like?

• Upvote (+1) 2