Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Anyone who's playing on Xbox, feel free to hit me up. I'm stuck in this console ghetto until I can afford to upgrade my PC and a lot of these kids have no thumbs.

Anyone who's playing on Xbox, feel free to hit me up. I'm stuck in this console ghetto until I can afford to upgrade my PC and a lot of these kids have no thumbs.

Add me. I'll be on in a little bit playing ranked with my bro. StK Mudkip is my tag.

Anyone that wants to run ranked then just HMU as well.

I was excited about playing the new Hero and test the patch updates.

Until I realized its only been updated for PC.

The slow death of XB1 Overwatch is starting already it seems...

I don't think I would say that. PC patches were always going to come first and I'm pretty sure they outright said they would be balancing PC and Console separately. Obviously, PC is the lead platform.

They said they were balancing both separately and the console version would have later updates.

Overwatch seems to be getting a pass on its aiming. It is every bit as bad as Halo 5's.

After the honeymoon phase the aiming made me quit, it's fucked.

Yeah, but at least we'll probably get the update before PS4 does, console certification for updates really slows down the whole thing. I've seen a few articles complain about Blizzard not saying when consoles will get updates, but honestly, its not Blizzards fault. 

It will be interesting to see how Overwatch does on consoles after Battlefield 1 and CoD: IW release. This is why I pressured my friends to get it on PC instead. I see Overwatch on consoles being another CS on consoles.

Fnactic and TSM have now picked up teams, good times for Overwatch, let's not hope it goes the way of Heroes. 

Also, I feel Mercy could be soon to fall out of the pro level meta. Sad times

Still can't believe Cypher and Cooler on the same OW team, so nutty. Really nice to see diversity in the EU region though.

I've never played the game but I've watched a few players play it and I can honestly say I don't see the appeal. I can't work out if it's meant to be just a fun arcade type game or competitive. I get that the graphics are meant to look like they do but even the mechanics of the game...I just couldn't  see me taking it too seriously although technically I know that people will.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well its happened, building a gaming PC just for Overwatch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see how Overwatch does on consoles after Battlefield 1 and CoD: IW release. This is why I pressured my friends to get it on PC instead. I see Overwatch on consoles being another CS on consoles.

No doubt. I can tell the player base is down allready, even if its natural a month+ after release.

With that being said, personally I won't take BF1 as serious as I take OW.

anyone else on pc i dont have added that want to play sometime feel free to add me, sbk#1364

Man, SoloQ has been horrible this week. I feel like its pointless to play if you don't have a teammate you can depend on. I would honestly rather play H5 :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not trolling, honest question:

I don't see the appeal of this game or why it's supposed to be the next big competitive/E-Sport FPS. I find it confusing how H5 and the newer CoD games get shit on because of their abilities, but on the other hand OW gets praised to heaven even though most of the abilities are just flat out broken and/or take very little skill to be used effectively. The game has too many "Press E to win" moments IMO and stuff like Mei ice wall spamming and capturing objectives with Reinhardt's energy shield just scream cheese to me.

Can someone enlighten me?

I don't see the appeal of this game or why it's supposed to be the next big competitive/E-Sport FPS. I find it confusing how H5 and the newer CoD games get shit on because of their abilities, but on the other hand OW gets praised to heaven even though most of the abilities are just flat out broken and/or take very little skill to be used effectively. The game has too many "Press E to win" moments IMO and stuff like Mei ice wall spamming and capturing objectives with Reinhardt's energy shield just scream cheese to me.

its  :dank:  and no, abilities are not broken

AWnO1Ip.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

few things i can think of, 

halo and cod have previous iterations that are superior without abilities. overwatch is a fresh game, so no complaining about abilities unless the hero is overtuned. they really aren't cheesy as there are counters to take things out. the game heavily relies on teamwork as well.

next big competitive game because they have dev support pushing it to be a competitive game a long with people interested in playing it at a pro level.

• Upvote (+1) 1