Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

As for the boasting, in the beta competitive, you could only search with people ranked closely to yours. I kinda hope they carry this over

This is really cool.  I guess I'll have to find some more friends who don't play as much and suck a little more since I am sure my friends will surpass me quickly because of time played and raw skill. Nonetheless, very cool feature. Hope they keep it.!

I love watching the meta of Overwatch evolve every day. Watching the Luminosity vs EnvyUs match last night was like watching the meta evolve right there in 10 minutes. There is a huge amount of of room for the meta to grow stil. We still don't have unified rules on how we decide who's won a map.

I really like the hero switching aspect. Really makes games more fluid and adds another layer of skill. How quickly a team can respond to the enemy's comp.

I wonder what the first new batch of skins will be. Bikini skins (Mercy plz)? 1776 Soldier 76? With competitive coming out soon, the next thing should be content 

We still don't have unified rules on how we decide who's won a map.

Doesn't that have to do with the imbalances of the maps & gametype? lol

Hope they keep it.!

They did, or at least its like that in PTR currently

I like it when you're on attack and three people pick snipers :/. Then you're the only tank on the payload wondering where your team is. Searching solo is frustrating.

What. The. Fuck??????

Torbjorns turret was already basically useless, at 56 dps at level 2. More of a distraction than anything else... I think they should've instead nerfed his insane rivet gun damage. Currently I think it is 70 dmg per shot (140 for head shots) which is pretty ridiculous. I say nerf that to 45 dmg a shot, same as Zenyatta. Keep the turret (the unique part of his character) untouched.

Guess I won't be playing Torb anymore. Expect to see bastions and junkrats more. The only time torb is a problem is when you're on a shitty team, or a Reinhardt is protecting the turret (which could be said about any character). I have gotten a high number of kills with torb against good players but its not easy, you have to be smart and unpredictable with turret placement. The turrets go down quick to soldier, pharaoah and sniper.

Anyway not to ramble, but yeah the Nerf is unnecessary.

On console people tend to just ignore the turret, i've had so many turret kills as mercy that it's kind of silly

• Upvote (+1) 1

On console people tend to just ignore the turret, i've had so many turret kills as mercy that it's kind of silly

You have games where everyone ignores it, and games where that's the first thing they destroy, and you spend the whole match swinging a hammer .

kind of weird to see c9 shit the bed so hard when they were destroying everyone like a week before.

Yeah. NV put on a show though.

C9 has been traveling a lot though and not practicing as much as a result. Lets see if they bounce back or if the meta shift just hurt them a lot more than other teams.

So, Competitive out now on PC and on console sometime next week. Yay! Now to solo que as a Mercy........

Also, this week i have been mostly playing D.Va, good lord she is really fun to play. I feel bad diving Mercys but yeah, nerf this.  

Yeah. NV put on a show though.

C9 has been traveling a lot though and not practicing as much as a result. Lets see if they bounce back or if the meta shift just hurt them a lot more than other teams.

I think C9 really suffered from the one hero limit. The other top teams have gotten way better too.

Anyone that plays PC have any aiming tips? I'm trying to get that godtier aim. I've downloaded this 3D aim practice thing, and I use that with ingame stuff. I recently started going into a custom game and putting headshot only mode on vs 6 v 6 (hard) AI. I feel like this is improves my aim the most but damn I suck so bad at hitting headshots. I usually play a mix of McCree, S76, and Widow maker during the custom game training sessions. McCree the most since he is the hardest to aim with.

I actually get a headache because my mind focuses so hard when trying to hit headshots only. I think this is a good thing?

I actually get a headache because my mind focuses so hard when trying to hit headshots only. I think this is a good thing?

no, never focus on your shot. your shot should always come natural. just keep playing and learning the meta, how to use every character, which plays are the best to make in certain situations, etc. getting a headshot is nice but the absolute best thing is staying alive while managing to put any type of damage output possible! this game is super advanced in its core hidden by a basic aesthetic exterior. in any shooting game, the shots you land are about 1% of your overall value to the team unless your someone that is exceptionally gifted (curry). remember this is an objective based team game. the impressive multikills and all that jazz dont mean as much when your not doing what it takes to win.

Anyone that plays PC have any aiming tips? I'm trying to get that godtier aim. I've downloaded this 3D aim practice thing, and I use that with ingame stuff. I recently started going into a custom game and putting headshot only mode on vs 6 v 6 (hard) AI. I feel like this is improves my aim the most but damn I suck so bad at hitting headshots. I usually play a mix of McCree, S76, and Widow maker during the custom game training sessions. McCree the most since he is the hardest to aim with.

• Unless you're particularly gifted there isn't much point playing Widow as you'll more than likely be a determent to your team.
  • McCree is a bit of bog-standard hero since they nerfed him, like he's OK but he's not going to do anywhere near as much work as expected from him relative to what he was a few weeks ago.
  • S76 is the pick of the bunch and is in vogue currently. He's more forgiving than both Widow and McCree aim wise and he's a bit more sustainable because of his self healing.

In Overwatch (especially hitscan) the key is sustained tracking rather than raw flick aiming. More than likely if you're having trouble with tracking it's either your settings or your firing technique. If you can, record a match or two and watch them back to see if you're under/overshooting enemies within your intended character ranges. Overshooting is very common, for hitscan characters ideally you want to be using your arm for full movements and wrist for fine tuning. If everything looks hunky-dory then you're probably using the character wrong at a micro or macro level.

Talking about 76 because he's the most relevant at the moment, the best things to understand are:

Approach

You almost always want to be at medium distance, keeping characters at arms length.

Ideally you want to be picking out vulnerable squishy targets so they go down quicker and you can move on doing more damage to the overall composition.

Don't be too static because 1. his movement speed with sprint is great and 2. you're going to get focused pretty quickly because of your relative squishiness.

Technique

The first burst (4 or so bullets) have little to no spread on them so aim for the chest / head are and pulse a few times at medium distance.

Once you've hit the first few headshots there isn't the necessity to keep hitting them with most of the characters you'll be targeting e.g. Pharah you can get away with pulse, pulse, body spray.

If you're given the opportunity (immobile target / not facing) start with your right click and then go into bursting.

I downloaded the update for overwatch and now I can't connect to the servers and its giving me LC-202 error. Is anyone else getting this? I've quit the build and hard reset my xbox multiple times. 

I downloaded the update for overwatch and now I can't connect to the servers and its giving me LC-202 error. Is anyone else getting this? I've quit the build and hard reset my xbox multiple times. 

When I get home from work I can check which won't be for a few hours.

@@Andy is your gt aka og xi or just og xi? Not sure how late you stay up but we can always use a dedicated mercy.

• Upvote (+1) 1