Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

AZK (IBuypower CSGO match fixing scandal) on various top teams.

After getting banned from CS, he played Reflex for a bit and performed surprisingly well against Quake players in online tournaments (Using timers). I think he'll adapt well to OW too.

All ults have counters and the better the players, the harder they become to use effectively. 

There's really nothing wrong with them. McCree's ult, for example, is laughably easy to avoid. It's the passive ults that are going to flourish in competitive play, such as wall hack. 

Lucio's ult is great.   I saved my whole team from dying so many times.  I love it.

After getting banned from CS, he played Reflex for a bit and performed surprisingly well against Quake players in online tournaments (Using timers). I think he'll adapt well to OW too.

Yeh I think a lot of the top fps players in their games could find a decent home in OW, there's enough character diversity to find something to be good at.

Will be interesting to see how it all develops.

• Upvote (+1) 2

God it's a fantastic game but aiming is so sluggish! If they fixed this with a patch it would be super competitive. But right now as it stands I see it PC only.

We need:

-Aim smoothing toggle

-dead zone settings for x and y

-accel settings

been playing fps for 20+ years. aiming is sluggish

I have been playing a lot of CS leading up to the launch of Overwatch.  Aiming doesn't feel sluggish at ALL for me.  In fact it is probably the smoothest running game I have.

What kind of frames are you guys getting?  Maybe to little or too much?  If you are getting too many frames, you might need to limit frames so you don't hit the upper limit of you monitor which can cause input lag.

Any other PC users here use discord?  We should make a BE Overwatch discord server.

I have been playing a lot of CS leading up to the launch of Overwatch.  Aiming doesn't feel sluggish at ALL for me.  In fact it is probably the smoothest running game I have.

What kind of frames are you guys getting?  Maybe to little or too much?  If you are getting too many frames, you might need to limit frames so you don't hit the upper limit of you monitor which can cause input lag.

Im pretty sure they are talking about aiming with a controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im pretty sure they are talking about aiming with a controller.

Oh, well there is their problem. lol. Console plebs

• Upvote (+1) 5

I played a couple afternoons of the beta with my friend on his PS4 and we both played the beta on PC and now own the game on PC. Albeit I only played the beta on PS4 and not the full version but we both think the Overwatch experience is only a fraction of what it is on PC. Aiming is terrible, the people you play with are brutal, and it adds to be an almost disappointing experience when compared to PC. It runs so smoothly on mediocre PC's so almost no reason to be playing it on console. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeh I think a lot of the top fps players in their games could find a decent home in OW, there's enough character diversity to find something to be good at.

Will be interesting to see how it all develops.

would you expect tf2 players to have a slight advantage in adapting to overwatch since they are pretty similar games?

would you expect tf2 players to have a slight advantage in adapting to overwatch since they are pretty similar games?

Yeh I would say so. The mechanical similarities are a double bonus in that TF2 players will become acclimatized more quickly but also straight up there will be more comp TF2 players making the leap versus the other top FPS scenes solidifying their position in the scene. It's less of an issue nowadays with skype/discord/facebook groups but they'll still have an easier time being known from their old scene.

EDIT; LG vs c9 live right now

https://www.twitch.tv/gosugamers

Just got a killtac with widowmaker all 1 shot 1 kills. Didn't get play of the game  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't wait till they release competitive for OW. It's really fun atm and I want to try my hand at it. I've been playing offense for the most part. 

Anyone else find search times on console to be disappointingly long? Routinely takes 3-5 minutes to find a match.

Are there party restrictions? This would probably be the cause, as I search with a team of 4-6.

Just bought this game. The input lag is unbelievably bad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/475u4y/psa_if_you_feel_input_lag_read_this/

This thread seems to draw the connection between FPS and input lag. The higher your FPS, the less your input lag. The first comment mentions that 60 FPS will correlate to about 17 ms of input lag. No thanks. Maybe when I upgrade my computer in the next 1-2 months.

Just got a killtac with widowmaker all 1 shot 1 kills. Didn't get play of the game  :mj:

let me guess, bastion or hanzo ultimate thru the wall  :kappa: