Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

The simple way to say it is that OW is really easy to aim in for a PC game, but hard for a console game.

I don't think it's quite that. I mean it will absolutely feel better and be more efficient to aim with a m+kb than with a controller.

I played quite a lot of Quake Arcade Arena on 360, I even played a bunch of it last night. It has one of the most fluid aiming systems in any shooter I played. Yes, it's difficult to aim and it would be a lot easier to use a mouse and keyboard, but there's no aim acceleration, auto aim and aim assist. Despite not having these factors it is incredibly smooth and responsive.

I feel like I complain about aiming quite a bit but I'm not trying to nit pick here. I enjoy the games regardless and continue to play them but it's something I notice often from jumping from game to game. I also played Shadowrun last night and had no issue with the aiming there as well, despite it feeling incredibly different from quake.

Question for anyone that might know - Did OW have party restrictions in the beta?

Games super fun so far. I have a few minor issues/annoyances with it but I had a blast, enough that I continued to go back to it when I had time despite playing it on a potato that ran it at an amazing 10fps, dropping even lower at times (near the end I managed to get 20 and my performance skyrocketed, even though I wasn't doing too terrible). I'm sure I'd find a few more things I wouldn't like if I jumped into it on a competitive level though. I look forward to see what updates are done to it. Will probably purchase it when I get a new computer.

I've mostly been maining Pharah and having a ton of fun with it, but Roadhog and his chain grab pisses me off to no end.

Pulled out of the sky, stunned, and OHKed via shotgun. It's probably not much of a problem at higher levels where teams coordinate better, but on an annoyance factor it's so much worse than Bastion or Torb turrets for me.

Concussive blast? Dunno if I just played against bad roadhogs but if I got grabbed (which wasn't often mind you) I'd just concussive blast them. Paired with thrusting away if its available.

Turrets are easy to take care of with Pharah.

Grand final from the tourney.

Bo9 jesus christ. It seems like Mercy is massively important at the top level.

It should be fun to see how the game changes with a proper ranking system in place at release. At the moment you're pitted with / against clownshoes so anyone who is even half decent at FPS just dominates.

After watching those videos I couldn't believe SureFour's aim, especially as Tracer... then realize he's being accused of hacking. 

Same with Taimou from EnvyUs

You can see when someone gets rezzed homedude's aim is drawn to the enemy he doesn't want to shoot, twice.

One of the big reason I'm happy I've been a console gamer for so long.  You don't run into nearly as many cheaters on console games, or at least I haven't in my time. 

The competitive PC meta is definitely different than I've seen OW played.  I'm a pretty solid tracer but in the last couple days of the Beta I was definitely starting to switch classes more.  Switching to Reinhardt to push the payload or Bastion to hold a hill. 

I was pretty impressed by the top pro players ability to play multiple characters for the most part.  Different healers were used, different tanks, different compositions, all of the class based shooters I've played pretty much everyone had their main class and it was your job to know how to use that class as best as possible... and simply counter the other classes with your main.  Then again, I've never played a game with as many characters as OW has. 

One thing that I think would really help the game, is for them to make it so that crouch reduces bullet spread.  Coming from Shadowrun where crouch firing was huge, one thing I really wish I could do with Tracer/Soldier is crouch for a few seconds just to get a more accurate shot.  It'd make tracer a little more dangerous at longer range, but in turn it'd make her easier to hit. 

I'm looking forward to any information that comes out between now and the release, and in the first few days of the release.  The game definitely doesn't have as much 'gunskill' as most shooters and isn't going to be even close to the same league as games like SR... but I had a lot of fun playing the Beta, and with Blizzard supporting it I think it could have a decent competitive scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bo9 jesus christ. It seems like Mercy is massively important at the top level.

A good Mercy is important at any level. Mercy can swing a whole team fight by herself. She's kinda OP, her ultimate charges so damn fast. If you put her with a Widow or a Pharah, it's wins for days. I think people playing for the first time may have overlooked how important she is.

oh, your team just killed 3 of mine and used all your ultimates, well guess what, i just revived them all HAHAHA

66uGf5T.jpg

It seems like Mercy is massively important at the top level.

Yea her and Lucio are definitely the top tier Supports, and the only deviation you see in competitive play is teams using Symmetra for the first phase of defense on certain Payload maps for her teleporter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blizzard's response re: Bastion.

Good. I mean I can agree with people saying that blizzards response has been somewhat robotic about it but I didn't feel bastion was OP. Definitely a power house thats easy to deal massive damage while deployed but for gods sake he is stationary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People are just upset over Bastion because either A) they keep walking right into their line of fire expecting different results and/or B) refuse to switch off of their "main" or their super MLG no-scope character that they're sick with.

Basically any character that has a precision weapon that can shoot straight or has an explosive weapon that benefits from direct impact can deal with Bastion pretty easily.

somewhat robotic

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

People are just upset over Bastion because either A) they keep walking right into their line of fire expecting different results and/or B) refuse to switch off of their "main" or their super MLG no-scope character that they're sick with.

Basically any character that has a precision weapon that can shoot straight or has an explosive weapon that benefits from direct impact can deal with Bastion pretty easily.

Bastion is an absurdly high DPS character...

But, as with all games...

MOBILITY IS SURVIVABILITY, so the fact that he has to hunker down in order to get his high damage output means he's at an extreme disadvantage.  Especially when Genji is involved and can just SURPRISE, BUTTSECKS him with Bastion's high DPS reflected right back into his face.

Bastion is basically the Kog'Maw of Overwatch, in that he needs a team composition built around him to succeed at a high level because of how easy he is to handle solo (outrange or outmaneuver).  Dive with Genji, poke down with Tracer harass, Snipe with Snipers.  Shield with Reinhardt and mow down with a Soldier/McCree from behind the shield.  Pin with Reinhardt.  Whatever.

He works well when he's got a double tank combo (Reinhardt+x, usually Zarya or D.Va) protecting him, and either a Lucio or Mercy in the comp...which, Lucio/Mercy are always there anyway.  But it means your team has a definitive "core" that has to focus their pressure in one area, which limits your ability to grab information on the rest of the map or guard flank routes or anything of the sort.

Am I really crazy for not noticing anything with the aim in this game or Halo 5? Like, what do you guys feel is wrong with it? Seems the same as any other console game to me.

Obviously it feels better on PC, but that's because mouse > controller.

It's just low aim assist or none at all
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Widowmaker is probably the #1 counter to Bastion. Genji and Tracer as long as you can use your mobility to get to them/their blindside/not get hit. Pharah and Junkrat work fairly well too, depending on position. You can get some crazy LoS/angles with both.

I'm actually surprised that Bastion is in the talks of OP yet I haven't seen much or any mention of Tracers movement.  She has the most OP movement, I feel her teleports have invulnerability frames and she essentially has 4 teleports before cooldown.  Shit is insane.  If you play against a good tracer it is hands down the most frustrating experience on the game.  I try countering with McCree but it seems like my stuns don't stop her from teleporting. Idk could be wrong. 

Holy crap. I'd like to know how many on PC tho, seems like is legit the next big thing.

This is the "Next Big Thing" funz for the whole family.

I'm actually surprised that Bastion is in the talks of OP yet I haven't seen much or any mention of Tracers movement.  She has the most OP movement, I feel her teleports have invulnerability frames and she essentially has 4 teleports before cooldown.  Shit is insane.  If you play against a good tracer it is hands down the most frustrating experience on the game.  I try countering with McCree but it seems like my stuns don't stop her from teleporting. Idk could be wrong. 

Her movement is what makes her even close to viable.  If she didn't have the movement she'd be completely useless.  She has 150 health, and can be 1 shotted by half the characters in the game, and the rest of the characters kill her in about 1-2 seconds if they hit their bullets.  I played her a lot and it's all about knowing where the nearest health pack is, and using the 'rewind' function a lot to regain health.  A good tracer can do a lot of damage and be pretty annoying, but trust me when I say that you can't ever get caught being sloppy when you're playing Tracer against good players. 

And the stuns do work, bigtime.  In fact I've been halfway through my blink/teleport and been 'sucked' back to where I was before only to be left-triggered.

Her movement is what makes her even close to viable. If she didn't have the movement she'd be completely useless. She has 150 health, and can be 1 shotted by half the characters in the game, and the rest of the characters kill her in about 1-2 seconds if they hit their bullets. I played her a lot and it's all about knowing where the nearest health pack is, and using the 'rewind' function a lot to regain health. A good tracer can do a lot of damage and be pretty annoying, but trust me when I say that you can't ever get caught being sloppy when you're playing Tracer against good players.

And the stuns do work, bigtime. In fact I've been halfway through my blink/teleport and been 'sucked' back to where I was before only to be left-triggered.

People also forgets she is terrible at contesting the objective.

People also forget she is super squishy. You don't need more than a couple seconds of hitting shots with a high damage character to drop her. From personal experience people who complain about tracer don't play tracer that much if at all. Personal favorites to deal with tracer: Roadhog, Winston, and Mccree. A Bastion who isn't a dumbass can take care of her pretty quickly as well.

I feel if people played Tracer a bit more they would realize how to drop her ass. They would have a better understanding of how much ground she can cover. This is really important when dealing with her rewind. You have a much better idea of her location after she uses this ability.

I think it is important to note that any character in this game is annoying in the right hands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just leave this here

This guy is the best in the game  :apg:

People also forgets she is terrible at contesting the objective.

Actually in the right hands she can do pretty well at objective work.  If you watch the top PC teams play KOTH they all use two tracers.  Personally I did a lot of objective work with her, sure she can't tank it all by herself... But she can get in and out, cause some havoc, and in overtime she can get in the hill quickly to stall for reinforcements. 

People also forget she is super squishy. You don't need more than a couple seconds of hitting shots with a high damage character to drop her. From personal experience people who complain about tracer don't play tracer that much if at all. Personal favorites to deal with tracer: Roadhog, Winston, and Mccree. A Bastion who isn't a dumbass can take care of her pretty quickly as well.

I feel if people played Tracer a bit more they would realize how to drop her ass. They would have a better understanding of how much ground she can cover. This is really important when dealing with her rewind. You have a much better idea of her location after she uses this ability.

I think it is important to note that any character in this game is annoying in the right hands.

Pretty much any class can counter her.  I don't have much problem with Winston, but Hanzo, Widowmaker, Mei, and Soldier all give me trouble.