Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Not in the beta yet. Game will have a ranked playlist with seasons.

Good to hear. Interested to see how the meta unfolds in a semi competitive environment.

Am I really crazy for not noticing anything with the aim in this game or Halo 5? Like, what do you guys feel is wrong with it? Seems the same as any other console game to me.

Obviously it feels better on PC, but that's because mouse > controller.

The simple way to say it is that OW is really easy to aim in for a PC game, but hard for a console game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never had a problem with Halo 5's aiming, but I do have problems with aiming on OW.  Might be because I main Tracer and I move around so much it's hard to keep on my targets..  Notice it mostly in Tracer vs Tracer battles with solid players, aiming for the head is important if you want to win the 1v1s and I'm definitely not used to the aiming in this game yet.

I like the game.  It definitely needs some different gametypes if it wants to be halfway competitive.  TDM and CTF would be fun I think, and smaller maps.  I've played class based shooters for years in Shadowrun and Monday Night Combat.  This game doesn't seem near as fun, skill based, or competitive as Shadowrun... but it's a lot better than Monday Night Combat.  Lots of people compare it to TF2, but I never played it so I can't really say..

I do wish I had a gaming PC so I could play on it... Someday soon I'll have a gaming PC, but I've been a console FPS player for 15 years so why stop now.

I'll be playing a decent bit over the next few days, send me a FR if you're on Xbox.  GT: The0nlyDeadEye  (the 0 is a zero)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Downloading now, really looking forward too trying this out :)

Man this game is crazy fun, I have been playing the hell out of it since the beta released. 

My go to heroes: 

Bastion

Roadhog

Widowmaker 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've mostly been maining Pharah and having a ton of fun with it, but Roadhog and his chain grab pisses me off to no end.

Pulled out of the sky, stunned, and OHKed via shotgun. It's probably not much of a problem at higher levels where teams coordinate better, but on an annoyance factor it's so much worse than Bastion or Torb turrets for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Overwatch competitive scene will be on pc. There are already some "pro" teams. All the players are quake pros and former cs pros(people that retired or got banned like ibp)

Are the majority of you guys getting it on console or pc? I think pc is going to be way better but I assume most of my friends will be buying it on console.

Are the majority of you guys getting it on console or pc? I think pc is going to be way better but I assume most of my friends will be buying it on console.

If you want a long-lasting community, you need to get it on PC. And I'm sure the vast majority will get it on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm well aware that PC will thrive a lot more but I'll probably be picking it up on console.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game is actually pointless to try to compete in....every pro team is literally a god squad

Game is actually pointless to try to compete in....every pro team is literally a god squad

Same thing was thought about Europe on cs:go, besides there are cheaters on pro teams and watching the "meta" from yesterday's tourney, these teams aren't that godly.

Did anyone catch the most recent tournaments? Looks like teams constantly counter picked each other throughout the game. Pretty interesting, but I wish there was more of a penalty for switching classes. Yeah you lose your ultimate, but there should be a longer respawn time. This would limit the ability to easily counter class the opponent, but hey if that's what their intention was then so be it.

I'll be picking it up on console. PC will be competitive but I already know some console teams in the mix.

My issue with the aiming has to do with the slow acceleration on the X/Y axis while it feeling non existent moving diagonally. I have a feeling this has something to do with the X1 controller. I have weird jumps with diagonal movement when I'm fooling around with the elite controllers settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been having a decent time with the beta, but they need more game modes for me to want to buy it. 

Just for clarification, do you mean gametypes or like different ways to play the game (like how Halo 5 has Arena, Warzone, Campaign, etc.)?

I wouldn't mind them adding a gametype or two to the mix, but obviously each map is designed with one specific gametype in mind so it'd probably require a lot of time and resources (especially considering Blizzard's history with this kind of stuff).

Maybe CTF could work, but flag carriers would have to probably have their abilities disabled? Otherwise you'd see some heroes be complete cheese, like Tracers just teleporting into the Flag and just rewinding as soon as the grabbed it.

As for game modes, I think they'll do a good job with the Brawl mode. They introduced a very similar mode to Hearthstone in the past year and it has been an absolute hit for that game. Also, I think once the competitive mode is added back in it'll help bring some variety to the game.

Overall, I'm really excited for the game and I have very few complaints across the board. I think Lucio, Mcree, and Reinhardt are the only two heroes that need to be looked at for nerfs. There are a few heroes that might need a little buff, but I think for the most part over time the meta will fluctuate and keep itself in check.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just for clarification, do you mean gametypes or like different ways to play the game (like how Halo 5 has Arena, Warzone, Campaign, etc.)?

I wouldn't mind them adding a gametype or two to the mix, but obviously each map is designed with one specific gametype in mind so it'd probably require a lot of time and resources (especially considering Blizzard's history with this kind of stuff).

Maybe CTF could work, but flag carriers would have to probably have their abilities disabled? Otherwise you'd see some heroes be complete cheese, like Tracers just teleporting into the Flag and just rewinding as soon as the grabbed it.

As for game modes, I think they'll do a good job with the Brawl mode. They introduced a very similar mode to Hearthstone in the past year and it has been an absolute hit for that game. Also, I think once the competitive mode is added back in it'll help bring some variety to the game.

Overall, I'm really excited for the game and I have very few complaints across the board. I think Lucio, Mcree, and Reinhardt are the only two heroes that need to be looked at for nerfs. There are a few heroes that might need a little buff, but I think for the most part over time the meta will fluctuate and keep itself in check.

Either/or, I was having a good time with what we were given but if I'm expected to play nothing but base assault then I'd probably lose interest rather quickly. I know that a lot of MOBA games are literally built around doing the same shit over and over again, but I never understood the appeal of that. 

Blizz tested CTF at one point and it was super gimmicky. Didn't revolve around team fights and compositions and more about how many Tracers you had and how effective they were.

Either/or, I was having a good time with what we were given but if I'm expected to play nothing but base assault then I'd probably lose interest rather quickly. I know that a lot of MOBA games are literally built around doing the same shit over and over again, but I never understood the appeal of that. 

I agree that the lack of game modes is the weakest aspect of the game. I think a neutral bomb gametype would work very well in this game, not sure if ctf would work. TDM is most likely out of the question.

Yeah, more than 75% of games played as Mercy. I think i have a problem, I love healing and swinging team fights too much. oh, and getting those epics after match, i love them too. 

I normally just played as hanzo or widowmaker. Hanzo is too fun to get one bows with  :walshy:

Tried playing Halo 5 after this, my goodness my aim is utter shit now.

This game is a ton of fun, but desperately needs more gametypes. I understand how some of the classes abilities may limit this but they still need more variety. Maybe an oddball type of game where the carrier can't use abilities or is granted specific carrier abilities. Some variation of ctf, anything that works really.

I'm having an amazing time playing as genji, I'm just hesitant to buy the game for one character and a few gametypes.