Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

I've been trying to play more DPS lately. Specifically Mccree, Tracer, Reaper, and the occasional Pharah. I have confidence in my widow but playing Widow in plat leads to instant flaming so unfortunately that's not an option.

I'm stuck though. Can't get back up to Diamond. Anyone here still playing? I've been solo queueing but would be happy to duo or squad up.

I've had a lot of fun playing her. I generally would rather play a character that requires some aim skill than any that are melee based but brigette has been a blast.

Such a love hate relationship with this game. Won like 4 games in a row yesterday having a good time. Lose a real close one. I'm debating getting off but then I'm like one more....

Most toxic game I've ever played and yet we still almost won. 

I love watching OWL and then I'm like if i could just have some semblance of teamwork in my matches but it ends up being none at all.

Such a love hate relationship with this game. Won like 4 games in a row yesterday having a good time. Lose a real close one. I'm debating getting off but then I'm like one more....

Most toxic game I've ever played and yet we still almost won. 

I love watching OWL and then I'm like if i could just have some semblance of teamwork in my matches but it ends up being none at all.

Such an interesting game. The concept, mechanics and overall game is amazing. Blizzard does a great job at maintaining this game and keeping it fresh. What makes it so toxic are the players. Doesn't surprise me that players get a high off being in control of someone else's rank. And I don't think they can really do anything to change that.. unless they did something based on your individual performance. But that would be toxic too because everyone would be playing DPS. Best bet is to play with people you know or play until you meet people lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Such an interesting game. The concept, mechanics and overall game is amazing. Blizzard does a great job at maintaining this game and keeping it fresh. What makes it so toxic are the players. Doesn't surprise me that players get a high off being in control of someone else's rank. And I don't think they can really do anything to change that.. unless they did something based on your individual performance. But that would be toxic too because everyone would be playing DPS. Best bet is to play with people you know or play until you meet people lol

And people obsessing with medals too. Guy on my team goes DPS on attack, gets bunch of golds blah blah blah. Then other people on my team take DPS on defense so he flexes to tank. Things aren't going well so he says I'm going back to Genji to try to keep my medals so that I don't rank down a lot when we lose...

Extremely infuriating. I can go on and on. Duos and 3 stacks not joining chat. Nobody helping the healers out with the tracer in the backline.

I'm hearing that 6v6 elim competitive in arcade is more fun at the moment so I'll give that a try.

I used to full stack with my RL friends. That was a lot of fun but unfortunately most of them aren't at my level and don't take the game too seriously. So we lost a lot

• Upvote (+1) 1

And people obsessing with medals too. Guy on my team goes DPS on attack, gets bunch of golds blah blah blah. Then other people on my team take DPS on defense so he flexes to tank. Things aren't going well so he says I'm going back to Genji to try to keep my medals so that I don't rank down a lot when we lose...

Extremely infuriating. I can go on and on. Duos and 3 stacks not joining chat. Nobody helping the healers out with the tracer in the backline.

I'm hearing that 6v6 elim competitive in arcade is more fun at the moment so I'll give that a try.

I used to full stack with my RL friends. That was a lot of fun but unfortunately most of them aren't at my level and don't take the game too seriously. So we lost a lot

Medals have nothing to do with how much you rank up or rank down. But yeah I've been in situations like that, players are too prideful. They don't realize in the moment that you'll probably not play with these teammates again and you're only hurting your own progress in the game by being toxic. 

I went to the Boston Uprising watch party last night at a bar. Wow that was crazy. Reverse sweep! 

The Bruins were playing a playoff hockey game but when the overwatch match started they switched the audio in the bar to overwatch. I cannot imagine what some of the people there not familiar with overwatch were thinking lmfao

Crazy to me how far video games and e-sports have come since the early MLG days

Honestly there are so many things wrong with the current MM experience that have little to do with mechanics or balance.

Medals are basically provide little to no information and all they do give people an overly simple metric of which to bitch at other people. So many games it leads to people throwing a game before the first half is even decided.

'DPS mains' are a MASSIVE problem in the game, their frequency means to me they're much more of a relevant issue than specific character 'one tricks' torb/symm etc that you might meet one in 15 games. Almost every game I play now you have to work back from the ledge of 3 DPS players and it's absolutely infuriating. I flex (2-3 core characters in each class) and I've been absolutely cruising in Diamond every single season yet playing through Plat with friends you get 3 insta-lock DPS constantly. Like how much of an ego do you have to have to assume you are the best DPS player on your team regardless of the map, regardless of looking at your teammates profiles, regardless of the overall composition and opposition. It is absolutely braindead.

Finally made a smurf. Getting close to lv 25. Looking forward to comp on that account.

Also this anniversary event is gonna be hype

Finished my placements. Got placed at 3445!

Smurfing was totally worth

They definitely put far too much weight in past season rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They definitely put far too much weight in past season rankings.

Yeah I was totally stuck on my main. 

I've taken a break from OW for a while now. I was able to get to ~3600 so I'm happy about that. I soon realized it would have been a serious grind to get to GM and didn't want to put in that much work.

Pretty huge news. Role Queue and 2-2-2 lock. You have to pick which role you would like to queue for and thats all you can play that match and every team will be comprised of 2 DPS - 2 Tanks - 2 Support

• Like (+1) 1