Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Is Winston as fun on console as he is on PC? I've started picking him up now that dive is back and the shit you can get up to is insane with his shield cooldown. We played dive on Dorado defense and we stalled them to OT on all 3 stages just dropping down, place shield on the payload, buzz the shit out of people for a while playing keep away then jump onto the high ground to get healed.

Started playing again, landed about a hundred points away from Plat. Gonna try and hit Diamond this season.

Post-buff Sombra is awesome, and I've been enjoying Orisa lately too but she is a bit underpowered.

We should party up sometime

Is Winston as fun on console as he is on PC? I've started picking him up now that dive is back and the shit you can get up to is insane with his shield cooldown. We played dive on Dorado defense and we stalled them to OT on all 3 stages just dropping down, place shield on the payload, buzz the shit out of people for a while playing keep away then jump onto the high ground to get healed.

Yep Winston is way fun on console just like pc. Played him on our when the changes come through an instant fell in love with the big hairy scientist. started playing him on console a few weeks back, bringing out my inner Miro. He's now one of my best characters. I guess because i play mostly tracer an sombra these days an Winston kinda plays the sameish style.

Edit: Yeah, this clip sums it up really 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really like the amount of transparency in Blizzard's design change posts.

I also really like to read the comment sections, because they're absolute gold. Here's an excerpt:

How about instead of deleting and down voting my comment you reply to it and give me a reason to why I'm wrong. Because I am hearing everywhere that low ranked people are getting [email protected]#$ on. Honestly I'm starting to believe that the people working on this game aren't even telling the truth. A large portion of ranked players in your game are gold. Which means more people are in lower ranks. Now if an even larger portion of those people are complaining then obviously there is a problem with your game. and not only am I seeing this on forums, social media, etc but I am experiencing this personally. You can call me %^-* all you want I know I'm not supposed to be in this rank because I've watched players in this rank and they aren't good. I believe I am good, I may not be great every game but I am defiantly better than the people in my rank. Stop being children and just deleting there posts when they complain or make accusations. It makes you guys look even worse. Hell it makes me want to go back to league of legends but I still have hope for myself and this game. Here as a good comparison or what ever. 

This game is a sport. May not be a real sport but an e-sport. Now imagine playing a game of basketball against a team while your team which is full of mentally challenged children(Low ranks) and you are the only sane one. How likely are you to win? very unlikely unless you are Micheal Jordon(gm players). That is why GM players can easily walk through bronze while the average players that shouldn't be so low but are because they can't carry a team full of mentally challenged people.

Also not to mention its kinda weird when you either go on a losing streak or a "win one lose one" rank.. It kinda makes you think that the people who are saying they are being forced to win and lose games doesn't sound so crazy. Also why is it when ever low ranked players get together and say "hey this doesn't work properly" instead of addressing the issue they delete the forum or common on the forum. That makes them look childish. But as soon as a high ranked player makes talks about something they are right on the fix! It just seems super suspicious as [email protected]#$ and I'm gonna be honest with you I've never had this problem before in other games. CS:GO, League, Dota. Yeah they have there smurfs and throwers but its not every single game.

Getting a feel for the pc master race ego now.

Its mindblowing that people can call me a smurf after carrying them, then ask me what my real rank is, and I say GM on Xbox.

Every time they reply something with "auto aim". :angry:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting a feel for the pc master race ego now.

Its mindblowing that people can call me a smurf after carrying them, then ask me what my real rank is, and I say GM on Xbox.

Every time they reply something with "auto aim". :angry:

I swear the majority on PC players that have not played on console consider "auto aim" to be the equivalent of Soldiers Ultimate. They act like it's an auto lock impossible of missing

• Upvote (+1) 4

I swear the majority on PC players that have not played on console consider "auto aim" to be the equivalent of Soldiers Ultimate. They act like it's an auto lock impossible of missing

Exactly.

I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to play, I think Xbox is harder aim wise, but the skill cap is way higher on PC.

As an example, you rarely see a good widow on Xbox, but they are pretty common on PC.

Even I, that never played PC games can land some blainers with widow.

I placed plat for some reason, won 7 out of 10.

Felt like I carried quite a few of those games.

Its W/E, im gonna have fun climbing now.

Solo queue success 101: Have a diverse set of heroes that you play well, so many people can only play 1-2 characters or 1 role. Thats my 2 cents grinding from 2100-3100 these last few months on PC.

IMO that's because most console games besides halo are very generous with aim assist,and then build the rest of the game in such a way that aiming your reticule on a target for more than .4 seconds is not necessary (cod, titanfall).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

New controller options are available and they are nutty. I'm really impressed, my track in instantly better.

Exactly.

I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to play, I think Xbox is harder aim wise, but the skill cap is way higher on PC.

As an example, you rarely see a good widow on Xbox, but they are pretty common on PC.

Even I, that never played PC games can land some blainers with widow.

I placed plat for some reason, won 7 out of 10.

Felt like I carried quite a few of those games.

Its W/E, im gonna have fun climbing now.

I play quite a bit and I'm also platinum if you're interested in duoing sometime. My bnet is Knighty#11790 

• Upvote (+1) 1

New controller options are available and they are nutty. I'm really impressed, my track in instantly better.

What are the changes?

I play quite a bit and I'm also platinum if you're interested in duoing sometime. My bnet is Knighty#11790 

I would love to,

I would love to, but I play on EU servers fyi.

OGN has started up again. It'll be their last season but everything gets shaken up by Overwatch League. Really good first series, well worth a watch. I absolutely do not get why most of the fans there are female though.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138807742

OGN has started up again. It'll be their last season but everything gets shaken up by Overwatch League. Really good first series, well worth a watch. I absolutely do not get why most of the fans there are female though.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138807742

Lunatic Hai have a crazy female fan base, they almost control Lunatic Hai at this point. I believe OGN with continue with the Apex league, the reason why they had the new season now is because they either had to have one now or Jan 2018. I'm more hyped about seeing Rogue, they are so fun to watch. Also, a bit of a SoOn fanboy.

What are the changes?

They added two options:

1. A slider for aim smoothing.

2. A new aim technique called Linear Ramp.

These would be fantastic additions, but their implementation leaves a LOT to be desired.

The smoothing slider is tied to acceleration, so the more you lower the strength of the smoothing, the more you raise the strength of the acceleration, and vice-versa. This is absurd because they are two unrelated mechanics that need separate sliders. They also don't explain this anywhere in-game.

Linear Ramp is... certainly linear alright. Too linear. The deadzone on it is tiny and the turn speed is way too slow. Making careful, fine adjustments to your aim feels almost impossible on some characters and it takes forever to turn around on, say, a Tracer blinking behind you or a Genji jumping and dashing over your head. It's in desperate need of refinement. It's as if they didn't even test this shit out for themselves to make sure it actually functioned correctly. I think it's workable on certain hit-scan characters like McCree, but you're probably better off using Dual-Zone on projectile characters or ones that require a lot of tracking aim like Soldier: 76 or Zarya, IMO.

I really hope they aren't convinced that this is good enough, because it's not.

So guys, finally got around to buying this on my PS4. Have to say, I'm having a hard ass time finding an aim setting I'm comfortable with which I've never experienced before on a shooter. They recently added more options as well which makes it even more confusing. Don't think I'll mess with aim smoothness or aim assist window yet.

Right now, I have it down to mapping jump to L1, using dual-zone, & 40-25 sens. Usually play on low-med settings on FPS's but I hear many people/pros change their sens for different characters & usually keep Genji/Tracer on a really high sens due to their playstyle. 

Any general advice? No scuf here, btw.

First time playing total mayhem and its so fun, especially as winston.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So guys, finally got around to buying this on my PS4. Have to say, I'm having a hard ass time finding an aim setting I'm comfortable with which I've never experienced before on a shooter. They recently added more options as well which makes it even more confusing. Don't think I'll mess with aim smoothness or aim assist window yet.

Right now, I have it down to mapping jump to L1, using dual-zone, & 40-25 sens. Usually play on low-med settings on FPS's but I hear many people/pros change their sens for different characters & usually keep Genji/Tracer on a really high sens due to their playstyle.

Any general advice? No scuf here, btw.

The aiming sucks in the game, so

I dont understand how to play winston. I've watched some streams and it seems like hes a constant in every pro team's lineup, but i have no clue what im doing with him.

I finally got to lv 25 (on XB1) so I'll be playing competitive soon. Zen is by far my best hero. Also play some Tracer and DVA. Really enjoy this game.

Low gravity McCree is a blast. 

• Upvote (+1) 1