Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

She is kinda weird to play with. Kind of like a Reind that has to be way more conservative.  Once you place you shield, your kinda stuck there which is kinda annoying because she can get melted without it. The Reind/Orrisa/Winston/Bastion Meta is ridiculous. Shields galore.

Lol, I wouldn't expect to get top 500 on PC ANYtime soon.  Much more competitive than on console.

Have you placed season 4?

I literally started playing today. I expect to be placed Gold.

Im just getting this game now should I be excited

Unless you hate really good games, yes.

@@Andy

You still play? Always a great time duo queuing with you. I'm unranked this season, but have played 3 games so far. Trying to get ranked again so I can actually play with people. I've got a buddy trying to de-rank (SORRY EVERYONE) so we can play together. It's Poonmaster from H1 (top player) and he's pretty damn good. We've been doing really well but if we had your mercy than I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lose.

Just got this game! So damn fun I can't get enough of it. Add me guys.

And I only use Genji every single time so don't ask me to use another hero because I won't

@@Teapot whats your GT? I can play with you guys if you dont mind. My GT: Cangri. Currently 3445 SR. Can play Mercy, Soldier, Pharah, Winston, RoadHog or Rein.

@@MultiLockOn whats your GT? I'll add you too.

This uprising event is kinda fun.

A real improvement on the first one and shows the direction they can take it. 

Kinda incredible how much variety they got into a map that wasn't built to be used for that type of gameplay. 

@@Teapot whats your GT? I can play with you guys if you dont mind. My GT: Cangri. Currently 3445 SR. Can play Mercy, Soldier, Pharah, Winston, RoadHog or Rein.

Matches here

GT: Teapot Yo

Have 2 more placements to go before I'm ranked but not much motivation to do it solo queue lol. I'm pretty flexible character wise, when I was playing competitively in the very first game battles season I ended up having to sub and learn almost every character. (I think it's important to learn them anyway)

Poon plays a great road hog, reinhardt and solider. We could always use a mercy, or a second dps/tank is nice. I only actually enjoy playing Lucio as a healer, I can play the rest but I just don't find them to be too much fun. Zarya is one of the few classes that I enjoy so much I can play it on any map/situation and have fun.

*Poon has no mic, but I'm gonna ship him and old one of mine. I'll add you soon but I'll be on later.

Played this game during the free play days and decided to buy it with the Spring Sale on Xbox. Any tips for beginning the game lateish? And if anyone is ever down to play, my GT is Bromanjaro. Mainly play Tracer and Widowmaker, but want to learn all characters for competitive when I unlock it. Really enjoyable game.

Played this game during the free play days and decided to buy it with the Spring Sale on Xbox. Any tips for beginning the game lateish? And if anyone is ever down to play, my GT is Bromanjaro. Mainly play Tracer and Widowmaker, but want to learn all characters for competitive when I unlock it. Really enjoyable game.

Learn to play a couple of tanks and healers if you want to climb. You will need to fill in from time to time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A real improvement on the first one and shows the direction they can take it. 

Kinda incredible how much variety they got into a map that wasn't built to be used for that type of gameplay. 

I wasn't playing during the first but sure lol.

I've played enough now, I know like every spawn point and time at this point lmao. Did it on legendary with tracer, torb and mercy.

@@Andy

You still play? Always a great time duo queuing with you. I'm unranked this season, but have played 3 games so far. Trying to get ranked again so I can actually play with people. I've got a buddy trying to de-rank (SORRY EVERYONE) so we can play together. It's Poonmaster from H1 (top player) and he's pretty damn good. We've been doing really well but if we had your mercy than I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lose.

Yeah i still play, still play support in comp but my sombra actually raised my mmr a whole bunch to where im quick playing with top 500s

Overwatch pit finals. rogue about to take this

https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchpit

My boys in Liquid look good even though they lost. Shadder has really brought out the best in the team, even id looks amazing. 

Yeah i still play, still play support in comp but my sombra actually raised my mmr a whole bunch to where im quick playing with top 500s

My boys in Liquid look good even though they lost. Shadder has really brought out the best in the team, even id looks amazing. 

id played so good. an awesome pharah

rogue playing in monthly melee right now

https://www.twitch.tv/curse

This game has started to really frustrate me.  I am by no means the best around, but I usually land a Gold medal and maybe a few silver/bronze, but I seem to be stuck with the worst teammates possible.  I dropped almost 300 points in a few days because nobody seems to know how team comps work.

Started playing again, landed about a hundred points away from Plat. Gonna try and hit Diamond this season.

Post-buff Sombra is awesome, and I've been enjoying Orisa lately too but she is a bit underpowered.

This game has started to really frustrate me.  I am by no means the best around, but I usually land a Gold medal and maybe a few silver/bronze, but I seem to be stuck with the worst teammates possible.  I dropped almost 300 points in a few days because nobody seems to know how team comps work.

What rank are you and what are your ideas on composition?

At the moment I'm just floating around in diamond having a good time and aside from a few assholes every seems quite nice and content. For the last few patches where viability has evened out somewhat I think the idea of compositions has been pretty lax. Depending on the map / gametype I try to compromise towards what the majority want, especially on attack where you can play a bit fast and loose.

If you do want people to change the way you approach it definitely makes a huge impact. I will always offer out a trade rather than telling someone to switch directly because they might not be comfortable with that pick so you're giving them two options rather than one "I can go Winston if you want to play X role". I also find that if you float things out generally in the chat whilst you're talking to the team people tend to pick up on it and find their own role (e.g. "dive?" "3 tank?" "++rein?") within that. It's a pretty long ass time that you're sat in that spaceship waiting for the game to start so I try and have fun with people either through text or chat and generally keep it light. Also if someone picks something you outright don't agree with and they're adamant, I always end with "alright we'll try it and see how we go" to make sure they don't feel like shit and play worse before the game has even started.

Unless you're very unfortunate with placings or something external like 3rd world internet you're going to be playing with your peers so they will know about as much as you do. With how the roles and such work the entire game I find is pretty much about problem solving to create or deal with threats, so how you go about solving those problems (leadership, negotiation etc) is part of the game.

Like @BodyLotion said, learn a few tanks, and get comfortable with at least one healer as well. I'm very much a DPS main, but if someone locks down a third DPS in a comp game, and you want to win, you gotta be flexible. My current roster is usually:

DPS:

Reaper

McCree

Tracer

Widowmaker (pocket and very, very situational)

Tank:

Zarya

Roadhog (he's basically a fat DPS, but he can draw a lot of attention away from the other DPS and healers)

Healer:

Ana

Zenyatta

Lucio (pocket, basically just to annoy the opposing team and give free heals and speed boosts when necessary)

If you really want to ingratiate yourself to a team, learn Reinhardt right off the bat, because he's almost always useful. Again, being flexible is going to be your biggest boon to moving up the ranks, so have a backup plan if someone picks your character, and don't be afraid to change your character mid-game if it's not working out.

Also, friends don't let friends play Hanzo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like @BodyLotion said, learn a few tanks, and get comfortable with at least one healer as well. I'm very much a DPS main, but if someone locks down a third DPS in a comp game, and you want to win, you gotta be flexible. My current roster is usually:

DPS:

Reaper

McCree

Tracer

Widowmaker (pocket and very, very situational)

Tank:

Zarya

Roadhog (he's basically a fat DPS, but he can draw a lot of attention away from the other DPS and healers)

Healer:

Ana

Zenyatta

Lucio (pocket, basically just to annoy the opposing team and give free heals and speed boosts when necessary)

If you really want to ingratiate yourself to a team, learn Reinhardt right off the bat, because he's almost always useful. Again, being flexible is going to be your biggest boon to moving up the ranks, so have a backup plan if someone picks your character, and don't be afraid to change your character mid-game if it's not working out.

Also, friends don't let friends play Hanzo.

Idk about xbox but on PC solider is hard to go wrong with if you're good with him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk about xbox but on PC solider is hard to go wrong with if you're good with him.

Absolutely. In fact, Reaper has definitely fallen off until he gets a buff. He is really dangerous in close quarters but 76 is a lot more valuable in most setups.