Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Please tell me that the patch nerfs roadhog

Just the bullshit hooks, also people are "exploiting" that by hugging the wall.

You hug the wall, get hooked, but since you are behind the wall the hook will break.

Just the bullshit hooks, also people are "exploiting" that by hugging the wall.

You hug the wall, get hooked, but since you are behind the wall the hook will break.

Nice

Nice? It's god damn beautiful

Even though it breaks, does the initial hook still do a bit of damage?  

If they bury hog up I swear to god. The hook hitbox is massively generous but he's so much fun to play, imo it will be a massive letdown if you're allowed to do dumb shit like this.

There hasn't been much talk of DVA nerf but imo she was much more of a problem in terms of the skill taken to play her verses what she's actually capable of doing i.e. 1v1ing pretty much any character in a close range duel.

EDIT; hook 2.1 appears reasonable. Apparently it puts people right in front of you though so it might actually rage people more with a higher percentage of insta-kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT; hook 2.1 appears reasonable. Apparently it puts people right in front of you though so it might actually rage people more with a higher percentage of insta-kills.

The issue for me was never the insta kills. It was frustrating that it was so inconsistent on where you'd get hooked from and end up, both as a roadhog player and playing against roadhog. 

Hopefully they get rid of the inconsistency, so I can still actually LOS the hook properly, but also get punished as lucio/anna/mei/reaper for making a positioning error. 

i know its a video game/virtual world but in reality - roadhog, a massive & strong bulldozer of a giant warrior were to attach something to you and pull you - you would go around 4 or 5 corners not being able to hold on for your life. most of the issue was latency and people not being able to realize the server showed them still in the open

The issue for me was never the insta kills. It was frustrating that it was so inconsistent on where you'd get hooked from and end up, both as a roadhog player and playing against roadhog. 

Hopefully they get rid of the inconsistency, so I can still actually LOS the hook properly, but also get punished as lucio/anna/mei/reaper for making a positioning error. 

I dunno, I feel some aspects of the old hook were good. For instance although the hitbox was massively generous it did reward spacial understanding, if say a soldier was playing the highground it was a decent way of displacing them. I honestly never really get frustrated with where there player ends up from hooks, again manipulating the hook mechanics (looking right and strafing mid hook) was IMO a better indicator of skill than every character landing square in front of you leading to more crits with less understand of the mechanic.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty hyped for Year of the Rooster.  Ctf?  Hell yes please. Plus that all black Tracer skin looks hella dope. 

Just glad they are testing something like CTF in brawl instead of on PTR. Test it in brawl for a fun casual time and then refine it after and put it on PTR before adding it as a competitive playlist potentially. 

Really enjoy these events so far and this one looks to follow the trend of good content. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just glad they are testing something like CTF in brawl instead of on PTR. Test it in brawl for a fun casual time and then refine it after and put it on PTR before adding it as a competitive playlist potentially. 

Really enjoy these events so far and this one looks to follow the trend of good content. 

I like CTF.  I'm not sure if it would do well in competitive play, but I'd love to play in in quickplay on more maps.  I also wish they would bring us a permanent junkenstein playlist with junkenstein type mode on multiple maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious question:

I have gotten terribly bored of Halo 5 (shocker I know)

Is overwatch all its cracked up to be?

What is so good about it?

Is it balanced?

Is their ranks?

Is their solo que?

I ask you guys as well to be honest i think you guys you will give me the honest and critical opinions.

Serious question:

Is it balanced?

Is their ranks?

Is their solo que?

I ask you guys as well to be honest i think you guys you will give me the honest and critical opinions.

This is my rambling answer:

I have not played H5 since playing OW. Its a different game but there is enough content and depth to keep me playing. There is also many ways to be good. Not only do you have different classes but each class has a play style to learn based on that particular character. Its addicting because I want to be good with every class and the ranks feel rewarding. You can't really carry and teamwork is a must way more than Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Serious question:

Is it balanced?

Is their ranks?

Is their solo que?

I think it's a much better game than H5 with a vastly more competent and transparent developer. That said, I'm not sure that I'm really a big fan of the whole MOBA/Shooter hybrid that hero shooters in general provide, the whole asymmetrical one chokepoint stand-off thing, the heavy emphasis on team synergy and playing your role over individual skill (this is the big one for me), tank characters that are bullet sponges and DPS in one convenient package, one button nuke ultimate abilities. I think the value of that experience directly relates to how interested you are into the general concept of the MOBA/Shooter thing. Overwatch does that well, for what it's worth.

​The balance changes pretty frequently. There are ranks. There is no solo queue as far as I'm aware. Best to avoid playing on consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bastion isn't even OP, there's characters who are a hard counter to Bastion such as Genji who someone on your team should switch should the bastion player be a huge issue. Genji just needs to flank and when Bastion starts shooting at him you reflect him. I never really had an issue with Bastion, Junkrat is my issue but I don't think thats the games fault there.

I totally agree with that. It's not about a champion, but about controlling it. But even though it's not developers' mistake, they might nerf him anyway.

This is my rambling answer:

I have not played H5 since playing OW. Its a different game but there is enough content and depth to keep me playing. There is also many ways to be good. Not only do you have different classes but each class has a play style to learn based on that particular character. Its addicting because I want to be good with every class and the ranks feel rewarding. You can't really carry and teamwork is a must way more than Halo.

I haven't touched a Halo game since OW dropped and i haven't missed it.

Also goddamn Sombra is fun to play, shame everyone hates her. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have been playing Paladins on PC and liking that so i was thinking of getting Overwatch to play with friends.  Does everybody who plays Overwatch here play on PC, or are some people on console?  If there was a way to buy it once and have both i would... but there isn't so i gotta choose.

Honestly, this game is so full of stupid bullshit, it's unreal.

​Genji has a standard ability that can reflect almost anything at the press of a button, with no skill or timing required. Meanwhile, McCree's mostly shit dodge roll has the same cool down time. Logic.

Mei is obnoxious in every way imaginable. Chain freeze, ridiculously generous SNIPER alt fire, armor lock/regen field get out of jail free card, insta-freeze ult with a blast radius a mile wide.

I mostly like Roadhog, because he's one of the more impactful characters (in a game mostly about team composition, team shot, and breaking stalemates with nukes), and yet his shotgun is RNG-based. Half the time, you don't even kill the squishy fucking healing characters you're SUPPOSED to be picking off because it seemingly just decides that the pellets need to spread AROUND them. Outplayed.

​The advantage of shooting skill-oriented characters is marginal and you might as well just use Call of Duty 76, who can spray and pray, run away, heal himself, and turn on an aim bot for his ult.

​Hanzo's standard fire is beyond generous, but if you can't hit with that, just use scatter arrow. He has a wall-hack as a standard ability (lol Widowmaker) and his ultimate has no clip enabled.

Reinhardt and Mercy are pointless, mind-numbingly boring characters that add nothing interesting to the game at all.

Bastion literally exists solely to sit in a corner and surprise melt you from half-way across the map, which seems to be only really useful for pub-stomping.

The list continues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How dare you talk about Reinhardt like that. 

Might be the most important character in the game across all ranks and if you duo que with someone that will play Ana, the most effective as well. 

Not to mention all the other flaws in your breakdown. 

A great McCree absolutely dumps on a great soldier because of his ability to quickly kill people. 

Roadhog is completely consistent after the changes to his hook and even before there was ways to consistently one shot the same heros, it just took practice. 

Mei is easily countered by even a sliver of teamwork and really is only good on 2 CP maps. 

Bastion has a rework coming out soon. 

And those are just quick and easy rebuttals to half the things you said.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have been playing Paladins on PC and liking that so i was thinking of getting Overwatch to play with friends.  Does everybody who plays Overwatch here play on PC, or are some people on console?  If there was a way to buy it once and have both i would... but there isn't so i gotta choose.

I play on both tbh, unfortunately you have to buy each platform separately. I'd buy which each platform you have more people to play with personally.