Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

MLG invitational was a good watch. If anyone hasn't seen it, final day below:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love this game.

Would like to see a further decrease in ult time. Also not a fan of 3 tank meta.

partly why i don't like 6v6 

there's not a lot you can about 3 tank with 6v6. too much team play, not enough individual skill to 

the higher i go up in rank the less fun this game gets. everyone wants you to play the same characters 3 tanks , 2 healers or 2, 2, 2 

it gets stale fast 

partly why i don't like 6v6

there's not a lot you can about 3 tank with 6v6. too much team play, not enough individual skill to

the higher i go up in rank the less fun this game gets. everyone wants you to play the same characters 3 tanks , 2 healers or 2, 2, 2

it gets stale fast

I agree. Tanks do too much damage and have a huge health pool as well. Defense and DPS characters are less meta as a consequence. I've even seen 4 tank 2 healer ran successfully and GM level.

The end of this competitive match was a pure adrenaline rush.  So hectic and fun.  This is why I love Overwatch.

Ana is the source of the current meta. Nerf Ana, save the meta.

x5 free box and I get the pissing Xmas Mei skin AGAIN.

The dream is R I P.

if it makes you feel any better all i got were icons and sprays lmao

if it makes you feel any better all i got were icons and sprays lmao

It does a bit but the amount of skrilla they give you for duplicates is basically salt in the wound.

I just started this game. Is there a generally agreed upon tier list of the characters?

I just started this game. Is there a generally agreed upon tier list of the characters?

There's no tier since every season Blizzard makes changes to them, today one hero might be an obligatory pick, tomorrow might be the less desired. Depending on your rank you can play with a huge pool but as you get closer to the higher ranks that pool will shrink and you'll have to play the meta.

Meta right now:

Top Olympus i-will-carry-the-team-by-myself-cuz-im-op-as-shit tier = Ana

Superior tier = All tanks excluding harambe

im a good pick up tier = Soldier

shit tier = the rest

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's no tier since every season Blizzard makes changes to them, today one hero might be an obligatory pick, tomorrow might be the less desired. Depending on your rank you can play with a huge pool but as you get closer to the higher ranks that pool will shrink and you'll have to play the meta.

Meta right now:

Top Olympus i-will-carry-the-team-by-myself-cuz-im-op-as-shit tier = Ana

Superior tier = All tanks excluding harambe

im a good pick up tier = Soldier

shit tier = the rest

So the basic premise is that the tank characters soak up damage and ana heals them from a range? Should there be 4 tanks plus Ana or 3 tanks plus 2 other characters or something else? Is solider considered to be better than people like pharah? Please forgive the Christmas noob questions.

So the basic premise is that the tank characters soak up damage and ana heals them from a range? Should there be 4 tanks plus Ana or 3 tanks plus 2 other characters or something else? Is solider considered to be better than people like pharah? Please forgive the Christmas noob questions.

Are you on console or PC?

Ana can heal from any distance really because of how OP her grenade but you're right the basic premise is sustain. Is It's usually 3 tanks+2 support+1 dps; Rein as standard + 2 off tanks for payload and KOTH you can get away with 2 or 3 off tanks. DVA is queen bitch, Hog is one of the few characters with reliable pick potential, Zarya is good if you get good with her utility and Monkey sadly is only a pick if they've got a monster Genji to focus or if they've got many squishies for squishing. Hog is the crux of the 3 tank meta in that he's basically got the damage output of a DPS with all the perks of being a fat pig (in the nicest way possible, I mainly play him with 60% win rate).

Soldier is considered decent on PC but I would imagine the DPS potential would be lowered on console so he's probably less of a 'must pick'. Having said that I find a decent Mcree on PC scares the shit out of an enemy team, the only issue is his ultimate is dirt tier. Pharah/Mercy combo can be absolute hell if you get even half decent at finding difficult angles to minimize incoming damage.

Also Symmetra is very easy to pick up character that works well as a niche second support on checkpoint maps with small chokes e.g. Volskaya, Eichenwalde.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this where you win more than you lose but still stay in the same rank?

No, its being stuck playing with kids way below your skill level. Diamond is the worst but I made it to 3900 and dont get bad kids on my team anymore.

I think soldier is almost a must pick in the 3 tank meta. He's flexible with his dps, healing, and his ult pretty decent compared to other dps characters.

You just need a solid DPS character. Soldier is the most picked because of his utility/consistency of how easy he is to play/hit shots with, but any good dps that's hitting shots can fill that roll pretty well. A decent Hanzo can be really strong in that DPS roll because of the ability to deal with D.va and get easy picks on support characters. Same with Mei who can wall off important pieces of the team and area denial with her ult. 

I think people are a little caught up in the meta at times though. I get frustrated when I see someone try and flex into a meta pick character they have no time on when we'd be better off with them playing a character they'd be good at. Too many times people try and slide into rolls they don't fit and if you work together at as a team at basically any level but the top 3% you can usually make things happen. 

I think people are a little caught up in the meta at times though. I get frustrated when I see someone try and flex into a meta pick character they have no time on when we'd be better off with them playing a character they'd be good at. Too many times people try and slide into rolls they don't fit and if you work together at as a team at basically any level but the top 3% you can usually make things happen.

You make valid points. Teamwork and communication will win majority of the time and thats what I love about this game.

I haven't posted on these forums in a while but I just remembered about them. Yesterday I played against a grand master. Was pretty fun to see. They were playing Pharah and I could tell they were good. I haven't did my comp matches yet. I want to do them next week though

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you guys feel about the new balance update? I still feel triple tank will be the meta with ana still being played a ton.

Anna isn't going anywhere, but it could hurt triple tank and make some other things potentially viable between the d.va and hog nerfs. 

I think all the changes were good. It hasn't killed the triple tank meta, but it has made other comps more viable.