Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

How did everyone's season 1 go? I finished 58 and I'm pretty disappointed at not reaching 60.

If anyone's gonna be playing PTR tonight swing me a friend request

Hoxton #21484

How did everyone's season 1 go? I finished 58 and I'm pretty disappointed at not reaching 60.

Highest was 62, once Mercy fell out of the meta I stopped getting invites to groups :( I had to re-tool myself as a flex, which is strange. 70% win rate with Zen, but I didn't like playing him.

Did you play solo or go in with a group? My highest was 64 and I finished at 59 lol. I'm glad they're changing the ranking system

Think I finished at 65 but after placements I didn't really care or have the time to grind. I was a little salty because I didn't wait for my group to finish placements, I just played 4 solo games afterwards and lost them all. When my friends were back on we finished their placements and the guy got placed 75.. didn't know that was possible.

I did enjoy the ranking system though, hopefully whatever new system they use won't be worse.

The one thing that's really striking in ranked at the moment is how different the game plays when solo queuing vs playing with a team. I know this is the case with most games but in overwatch it's a night and day difference in terms of coordination, positioning, and composition. Playing 6v6 queues felt really fun and competitive, while solo queues felt like I was bashing my head against a wall until I matched with a team that could play well together. Maybe that's different at higher MMR but in the 50-60 range every game was a crap shoot.

Highest was 62, didn't play much at all really and only solo QQ ;c

Quite happy playing around that level though as you don't need to be a hardcore player (I never really grind games) and there's still room to play off meta heroes well without getting absolutely shit on.

highest i placed was 54, all solo games.

felt i should have been a little higher though since i always performed better than my teammates a majority of the time. some people just have no coordination when it comes to teamwork. 

Been a bit since I was in this thread, but I finally ended up building a PC and picking up Overwatch a few weeks after launch, and I'm loving it. Ended up finishing 52 (11 total games, all of them solo queue), and I would have played much more competitive if I didn't have a new babby to keep tabs on, so I stayed mostly in Quick Play so I could drop if need be.

I feel like I love this game more each time I play it, and even just running QP with my friends is a super-fun experience.

PS: Found 's thread on r/CompetitiveOverwatch on input delay, and I can't wait to try those settings out.

56.  I got 56 the night season 1 launched.  Played three more games solo the whole season and finished 56. 

I finished at 71, squeezed into the top 500 on Xbox, even though i couldn't play for the last week of season 1.

It's kind of annoying its so much downtime between seasons on console.

As a mostly tracer player, my favorite moments in OW are crazy hectic moments like the following:

I finished at 71, squeezed into the top 500 on Xbox, even though i couldn't play for the last week of season 1.

still no season 2 on pc either :\

Everything is looking good for me in Season 2, a Mercy buff, Blizzard are looking into support mains getting screwed in competitive, new ranking system.

Feel bad for Lucio mains though, they are gonna go the same way Mercy did in the last big buff/nerf patch if the PTR goes to live. Way more viable to run a combination of Mercy and then Zen or Ana depending on situation. 

still no season 2 on pc either :\

New Season starts September 6th on all platforms. So big console update incoming with new skins, emotes, map, buffs/nerfs, fixes. 

As a mostly tracer player, my favorite moments in OW are crazy hectic moments like the following:

As a Mercy main (Or former one at least, well, if they keep her buff from PTR I will be able to play her every match again) i love the end part of maps, cause i can fly about healing like mad, its fun as hell. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mercy is actually very rewarding to play!

Cannot wait for the new season to start, loving this game so much, I don't think the Destiny DLC is going to be enough to pull me away from this game.

Eh, I guess I could always get into Destiny at a later stage.......

My high was 54 for season 1, though i only played like 50 competitive games I think. The coin flip killed many potential wins, too, so I am glad that and overtime are going away for Season 2. 

Also really looking forward to the new map.

I have more hours as Reaper than as everyone else combined, but I am finding it a lot of fun lately to play Reinhardt and DVa.

My high was 54 for season 1, though i only played like 50 competitive games I think. The coin flip killed many potential wins, too, so I am glad that and overtime are going away for Season 2. 

Also really looking forward to the new map.

I have more hours as Reaper than as everyone else combined, but I am finding it a lot of fun lately to play Reinhardt and DVa.

The new map is hella fun, it's all I've played since it got released on PTR, easily played 15 hours on it, just that map over and over. This is the thing with Overwatch, if you get bored with one hero, playing another is like playing a different game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The new map is hella fun, it's all I've played since it got released on PTR, easily played 15 hours on it, just that map over and over. This is the thing with Overwatch, if you get bored with one hero, playing another is like playing a different game. 

It really is like a different game. And glad to hear the map plays well.

exaaactly

ayy season 2 has arrived boys. already 2-4 in placements! lets goooooooooooo

inb4 bronze

edit: jk gold, went 5-5

climbed into plat