Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Just FYI, you guys probably already know but Blizzards looking at McCree and Dva adjustments. They're looking at reducing the damage of his fan and some sort of buff with Dva.

Just FYI, you guys probably already know but Blizzards looking at McCree and Dva adjustments. They're looking at reducing the damage of his fan and some sort of buff with Dva.

i heard that the update is only for pc but could be wrong

i heard that the update is only for pc but could be wrong

The article says that the McCree nerf is already in certification at console so it's ready to be patched across all platforms. I don't think the D.Va certification is submitted yet though. I really hope they can actually do a decent job of patching each platform at the same time but judging off of multiple other multi-platform games, I won't hold my breathe. I understand the certification process for the most part, but most games just opted to stop supporting the console end all together before M$ changed their ridiculous "pay to submit" policy.

The article says that the McCree nerf is already in certification at console so it's ready to be patched across all platforms. I don't think the D.Va certification is submitted yet though. I really hope they can actually do a decent job of patching each platform at the same time but judging off of multiple other multi-platform games, I won't hold my breathe. I understand the certification process for the most part, but most games just opted to stop supporting the console end all together before M$ changed their ridiculous "pay to submit" policy.

They have previously announced that the games will be balanced separately from PC to console. So balance patches most likely will not be consistent in the future.

Whenever a D.Va comes at us, we just laugh and ignore it.

'cept when she nukes during overtime in a control match.  :glasses:

'cept when she nukes during overtime in a control match.  :glasses:

As my map awareness improves, I find it easier and easier to dodge her ults. All I have to do is get behind a piece of geometry and those are always around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They have previously announced that the games will be balanced separately from PC to console. So balance patches most likely will not be consistent in the future.

I guess I view them as different types of patches if that makes sense. If McCree is receiving the same nerf I'd hope for it to be delivered across the platforms at the same time. If not, I mean a week or two can't cause too much harm but I just don't want to see this game go the route of console CS:GO / TF2 / MNC.

A less likely example would be some sort of issue or glitch with a map that is gamebreaking. They have the ability to patch that instantly on PC where as they have to submit and pass certification on console which can take weeks to go through. For some reason if the patch doesn't pass certification, they will have to do it again and will take even longer. That's mostly my issue.

it's pretty stupid considering how hard it is to hit ranged shots on console in comparison to pc....i think he should have been left alone or at the very least done less damage to tanks only if that's even possible

They're pretty much only nerfing fan the hammer afaik. It is far too easy to kill people with it but then again half of the heroes in the game are far too easy period because of insanely huge hit boxes so...

Over watch needed to be released during the holidays. It looks like it's really successful and extremely popular on twitch

Couldve started a trend of not flowing Cod and battlefield for every fps with custom load outs

Over watch needed to be released during the holidays. It looks like it's really successful and extremely popular on twitch

Couldve started a trend of not flowing Cod and battlefield for every fps with custom load outs

I don't think CoD and BF will change the population that much on PC. As for consoles, they need to start on those tombstones because that game is going to be on life support after the holidays.

So I assume most people are here on PC, but who is here on console?

Console pleb reporting in. I haven't had time to play a lot recently, but that's partially due to lack of motivation to keep running solo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Console pleb reporting in. I haven't had time to play a lot recently, but that's partially due to lack of motivation to keep running solo.

I've been playing with full squads for the most part, usually filling in as a 6th. Some of the groups aren't very understanding towards less experienced players BUT I'd be happy to start making my own squad with some beyond guys if theres a decent number of us. I love playing with Poolcat from the forums here.

I can usually put a decent squad together fairly easily. Maybe we should have a list of console players here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I view them as different types of patches if that makes sense. If McCree is receiving the same nerf I'd hope for it to be delivered across the platforms at the same time. If not, I mean a week or two can't cause too much harm but I just don't want to see this game go the route of console CS:GO / TF2 / MNC.

A less likely example would be some sort of issue or glitch with a map that is gamebreaking. They have the ability to patch that instantly on PC where as they have to submit and pass certification on console which can take weeks to go through. For some reason if the patch doesn't pass certification, they will have to do it again and will take even longer. That's mostly my issue.

If the certification of a patch is delaying it on consoles i really hope they wouldn't delay pushing the patch out on PC. PC will be the competitive focus for this game, its unfortunate for console players, but it is just the reality. I doubt Blizzard will sacrifice the quality of their game on the main platform for the consoles. Hopefully it thrives on consoles as well, but the tournament scene will be primarily PC and that's where the focus will be first.

I don't think CoD and BF will change the population that much on PC. As for consoles, they need to start on those tombstones because that game is going to be on life support after the holidays.

Which game? Over watch?

When is thereally supposed to be competitive ranks?

They really need more game types and maps tho

Need ctf and something like 1 bomb and or 2 bomb

people taking this casual mode so srs like u wot mate? 

i'd like to voice_enable 0 and turn chat off so i can play widowmaker in peace  :glasses:

I've been playing with full squads for the most part, usually filling in as a 6th. Some of the groups aren't very understanding towards less experienced players BUT I'd be happy to start making my own squad with some beyond guys if theres a decent number of us. I love playing with Poolcat from the forums here.

I can usually put a decent squad together fairly easily. Maybe we should have a list of console players here?

im in. i get on around 8 to 10 every day

Console plebs unite! Add for overwatch plz

gt: OG Nick (it's an o not a zero)

Console plebs unite! Add for overwatch plz

gt: OG Nick (it's an o not a zero)

GTs can't start with numbers

something that really annoys me when playing this game on the console is the huge engine inputlag

every stupid input has a slight delay to it, the division has started with this trend and now overwatch follows

i dont get why anyone would ever want their aim-movements to be slightly delayed, its like playing with a huge TV with inputlag compared to a CRT or gaming monitor...

the only explanation to this is inefficient coding and optimizing, the game is anything else than a challenge to the console hardware

another stupid decision is their aim assist slowdown, its just way too strong

there should be an option to turn it off, the slowdown starts almost one meter next to the character and can even be experienced when aiming on characters through walls which is laughable

(well they had assistance by the CoD developer idiots when coding the aim assist so thats probably why, who knows what would have happened if they gave 343i a call for assistance...)