Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Mercy is fun, but I'd much rather play lucio and cover that middle ground of support/healing/dps. 

Not to mention his ultimate can completely save a game and speed is really underused outside of getting back into the action by most other that I've had on my team. 

I feel the same way with Widowmaker for some reason.  I have over fiver hours with Widowmaker.   How many hours do you have with Genji?

10 I believe :o

Absolutely loving the Tracer gameplay - this character was designed for me! I can be a bitch the entire game and play at lightning pace. Me and my buddy (I'm level 28, he's level 40) beat a bunch of high levels including a level 72 the other night.

Hope most of you consolers make the transition to pc.

Sad thing is, all a level 72 tells you is the person has no life.  Not really anything about their merit.  

Which makes me think about another issue I have with the game.  The in-game and post-game score board.    There is no way to tell how good other people are doing in the game.   I am seeing that this is leading to a LOT of unbacked shit talk which is annoying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sad thing is, all a level 72 tells you is the person has no life. Not really anything about their merit.

Which makes me think about another issue I have with the game. The in-game and post-game score board. danThere is no way to tell how good other people are doing in the game. I am seeing that this is leading to a LOT of unbacked shit talk which is annoying.

Its a good and bad thing IMO. I would worry about stat whoring and people picking slay characters instead of support characters or tanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sad thing is, all a level 72 tells you is the person has no life.  Not really anything about their merit.  

Which makes me think about another issue I have with the game.  The in-game and post-game score board.    There is no way to tell how good other people are doing in the game.   I am seeing that this is leading to a LOT of unbacked shit talk which is annoying. 

The reason they didn't put a scoreboard like CoD with KD is because it's a team based game. Not commando S76. It was a design decision by them. It was in the one of the videos from the 3 part series the making of Overwatch. 

The biggest issue I have with the game is the lag compensation/20 tick/net code. Whatever the problem stems from. I played a custom game with the 60 tick option and idk if it was placebo but my shots registered like butter. I really hope Blizzard updates this and improves it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason they didn't put a scoreboard like CoD with KD is because it's a team based game. Not commando S76. It was a design decision by them. It was in the one of the videos from the 3 part series the making of Overwatch. 

The biggest issue I have with the game is the lag compensation/20 tick/net code. Whatever the problem stems from. I played a custom game with the 60 tick option and idk if it was placebo but my shots registered like butter. I really hope Blizzard updates this and improves it. 

Yea I figured it was a design decision.  One that fits my overall vibe of the game which is it's about having fun.    

But I'm not sure if I am just unlucky or what, but yesterday I kept having people start trash talking me and saying I was playing like garbage.   All while I was sitting with the Gold medal on my team.   It was pretty frustrating.   I had no idea how they were doing, they had no idea how I was doing. 

I wonder if for the ranked mode if they plan to have a better scoreboard.  I would be totally fine with casual play remaining the same. 

And yes,  I totally agree with the tick rate thing.  The net code could use some improvement.  I also seem to get occasional weird rubber banding all while my network is totally fine.   It has been a pretty frustrating issue for me. 

They actually had a scoreboard in the beta for awhile, but they found people would just be stat whoring and being selfish. 

7PtUwD3.png

If you're wondering what it'd be like to have scoring, go check yourself out on masteroverwatch.com That site has a ton of stats on it too which is really fun to look at. Obligatory Mercy related part of my post incoming........

QuUumSa.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nice stats brah

I'm a support player, all i have is stats. Just me, my stats, and my headset, which just snapped in half. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh man my stats suck.  lol

This exactly what I would have expected as my favorite heros by role.  Although Mercy is quickly becoming my favorite over Lucio.  

l2xqdDC.jpg

My only ranked hero is Widowmaker and I'm ranked 10k.  That makes me sad :(

How to play Mcree:

7rb3VpE.gif

I have 9 hours with McCree. I love him but yeah his synergy between the his hammer fan and stun is too high. I just hope that Blizzard doesn't over nerf him. I mean just get his Riverboat skin and go shoot your pistol and people. Too good. 

I assume platform to game on is PC?. I have PC but not used to shooters on it really just my Xb1 is PC really that much better or am i likely to struggle?.

My widowmaker stats. Shes the only champ I have really played. I expected higher :/

2ff717b96886a58060d73c9aec77fa01.png

I assume platform to game on is PC?. I have PC but not used to shooters on it really just my Xb1 is PC really that much better or am i likely to struggle?.

Yep. Just do it, if your PC can get consistent 60 fps. I made the jump it's not as hard as I thought. Took me about 2 weeks to feel 100% comfortable. And after that 2 weeks I pretty much stopped playing my Xbox. Oh and mouse pads are underrated. If you don't have one, get one. You can change your sensitivity to match pros if you'd like too. It may feel slow. I play on 800 dpi and 8 in game sensitivity. Slow enough yet quick enough. 

Yep. Just do it, if your PC can get consistent 60 fps. I made the jump it's not as hard as I thought. Took me about 2 weeks to feel 100% comfortable. And after that 2 weeks I pretty much stopped playing my Xbox. Oh and mouse pads are underrated. If you don't have one, get one. You can change your sensitivity to match pros if you'd like too. It may feel slow. I play on 800 dpi and 8 in game sensitivity. Slow enough yet quick enough. 

Well my PC has Rec specs and i have an SSD to boot with it so i shouldn't see why it would be a problem. Going to take some getting used to you know aiming with the mouse. Are there casual modes with this game so i can practice?. Going to take a look now at buying it.

Well my PC has Rec specs and i have an SSD to boot with it so i shouldn't see why it would be a problem. Going to take some getting used to you know aiming with the mouse. Are there casual modes with this game so i can practice?. Going to take a look now at buying it.

There are a few actually. Bot matches with difficulty settings, practice range to try different things. Practice range is pretty cool, since it has different setups to try out different playstyles and such. And the AI will give you a basic idea of how people may play. Go for it! It's a week in and the hype is still there for me. I'm hyped for the first update this month that brings competitive. 

How to play Mcree:

7rb3VpE.gif

I don't really find him that OP. His stun has a very short range and his shot accuracy decreases pretty well the further he gets away from people.

He is just a good counter to short range characters. Maybe a tad bit longer on his cooldown would be good.

Somethings always been wrong with me. I hate playing video games with a mouse.

k56iad.jpg

Pretty shit, expected it to be worse though in the role he plays as I've not really been taking it too seriously or statting kids, trying to learn the maps and whatnot.

k56iad.jpg

Pretty shit, expected it to be worse though in the role he plays as I've not really been taking it too seriously or statting kids, trying to learn the maps and whatnot.

Rhats not to bad really for the amount of games. Also just noticed from your screencap that they added score per minute