Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

Who the fuck at Blizzard thought Hanamura was balanced? That is by far the easiest map to defend.

Why does Genji have to be so addicting to play. I get in games sometimes where I absolutely wreck and it's just like. AGH I don't want to switch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who the fuck at Blizzard thought Hanamura was balanced? That is by far the easiest map to defend.

I don't find it that hard to beat. I mean most maps are pretty tough on Offense if you don't have great teammates. 

I love how involved Mercy is between healing, buffing, and popping back and forth between teammates to stay alive. Reminds me a bit of playing a discipline priest in WoW, the amount of input and concentration that makes it fun to play her makes up for the fact everyone else will get glorious amounts of kill while I crank out 30+ assists to no fanfare.

It's nice to know that I contribute in a tangible way, though, even if it's unappreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't find it that hard to beat. I mean most maps are pretty tough on Offense if you don't have great teammates.

The map has one entrance to get to A... and a very high hole to the left of the entrance that very few characters can use. If you face a team that has even the slightest clue what they're doing its incredibly difficult to get point A.

I'm willing to bet that map has a much higher win rate for defense than all the other maps.

The map has one entrance to get to A... and a very high hole to the left of the entrance that very few characters can use. If you face a team that has even the slightest clue what they're doing its incredibly difficult to get point A.

I'm willing to bet that map has a much higher win rate for defense than all the other maps.

There are plenty of ways to get through that choke. Multiple characters can use the window and its pretty easy to make it to the door through the right of the choke. Send a flanker through the choke to the right to draw attention of the defenders and its pretty easy to break a hold.

There are plenty of ways to get through that choke. Multiple characters can use the window and its pretty easy to make it to the door through the right of the choke. Send a flanker through the choke to the right to draw attention of the defenders and its pretty easy to break a hold.

Except that any semi competent team knows those are the only ways in and can easily point everything they have at it. There's 0 flanking ability because the defense can easily see everything. It's just a lazy map design.

Except that any semi competent team knows those are the only ways in and can easily point everything they have at it. There's 0 flanking ability because the defense can easily see everything. It's just a lazy map design.

If they set up in the door to the right pick pharah/junkrat and bombard them with explosives. If they are sitting back focusing the door use reinhardt to walk in and get a flanker through, tracer can dash through the door to get behind and flank, genji can parry/ dash through/wall run through the window.

The goal isn't to completely break the setup right away, its to get a flanker in to draw attention to get your team through the choke. The maps are designed in favor of the defense on the first point because the spawn location is so far from the point that a few kills almost guarantees the capture. The second point is designed to be more accessible because the spawns are much closer and allows the defense spawn and get back. All capture/defend maps use this design feature.

Supports have the hardest decisions to make..... 

On Hanamura If the team doesn't know their shit, you can use a tracer distraction and push that right hand room and actually flank the whole way around the back and into objective A. The enemy team will usually be caught off guard. The current set up I've been encountering is Symmetra on the right hand side, with her teleporter just behind it and that room covered in sentry turrets. So always look out for those.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tracer/Genji/Reaper flanks be op. They break setups like nothing. You just have to know when to communicate and switch heroes. Simple. There is no chokepoint on any map that is absolutely infallible if done a certain way. That's why the design behind this game is so brilliant.

Tracer/Genji/Reaper flanks be op. They break setups like nothing. You just have to know when to communicate and switch heroes. Simple. There is no chokepoint on any map that is absolutely infallible if done a certain way. That's why the design behind this game is so brilliant.

Tracer is a bitch, plain and simple. Just rolled through a few games against a pair of decent Tracers who basically pushed up into our spawns (koth) and picked off stragglers as they tried to push up. It's like a horrible horrible minigame trying to bop them, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like playing high ranked Tracers when ranked comp comes in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how involved Mercy is between healing, buffing, and popping back and forth between teammates to stay alive. Reminds me a bit of playing a discipline priest in WoW, the amount of input and concentration that makes it fun to play her makes up for the fact everyone else will get glorious amounts of kill while I crank out 30+ assists to no fanfare.

It's nice to know that I contribute in a tangible way, though, even if it's unappreciated.

I typically will upvote any healers at the end of a match to show my appreciation or just say it in the chat.

I'm betting that a lot of players don't really enjoy healing, but do to help the team. So I try to promote them to keep doing it.

That being said, watching myself rez a player who got the play of the game immediately after felt good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I typically will upvote any healers at the end of a match to show my appreciation or just say it in the chat.

I'm betting that a lot of players don't really enjoy healing, but do to help the team. So I try to promote them to keep doing it.

That being said, watching myself rez a player who got the play of the game immediately after felt good.

As someone that plays only Mercy 99.9% of the time, I get a shit ton of after votes at the end, always interesting when you get votes from the other team. It's nice to be appreciated. 

Has anyone tried two Bastions backed by four Mercys on payload offense?

would be funny, but if the other team had any clue what they were doing, they could go full on monkey attack and just destroy the whole team in seconds

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tracer is a bitch, plain and simple. Just rolled through a few games against a pair of decent Tracers who basically pushed up into our spawns (koth) and picked off stragglers as they tried to push up. It's like a horrible horrible minigame trying to bop them, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like playing high ranked Tracers when ranked comp comes in.

That's why I feel like every team needs a Winston or Mccree. Tracers are extremely annoying though.

Has anyone tried two Bastions backed by four Mercys on payload offense?

I've tried all kinds of crazy stacks, but what's good about the game is everything has counters so stacking multiples doesn't really work IMO. I like Bastion with Reinhardt's shield, now that's amazing on defense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does Genji have to be so addicting to play. I get in games sometimes where I absolutely wreck and it's just like. AGH I don't want to switch. 

I feel the same way with Widowmaker for some reason.  I have over fiver hours with Widowmaker.   How many hours do you have with Genji?

Me and my buddy used Bastion and Mercy

Think I died just once and that's because our positioning was really aggressive at the beginning

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely loving the Tracer gameplay - this character was designed for me! I can be a bitch the entire game and play at lightning pace. Me and my buddy (I'm level 28, he's level 40) beat a bunch of high levels including a level 72 the other night.

Hope most of you consolers make the transition to pc.

• Upvote (+1) 2