Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Overwatch Discussion

let me guess, bastion or hanzo ultimate thru the wall  :kappa:

Sion knocking 2 people off the map :)

Anyone else find search times on console to be disappointingly long? Routinely takes 3-5 minutes to find a match.

Are there party restrictions? This would probably be the cause, as I search with a team of 4-6.

if you search with others it's going to take a while, whether on PC or Console. if you search with 4, you have to get matched with 4. Solo queuing gets a match in 3 seconds. Just skirmish while you wait.

I won a 6 man junkrat 

I won a 5 man soldier + Hanzo. Then we did 5 man roadhog + hanzo and got torn apart haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know if anyone here was watching his matches yesterday but Rapha is so fucking disgusting with pharah 

• Upvote (+1) 1

does anybody know of any professional sniper/demo/soldier tf2 players that stream overwatch? i only know of seagull as of now.

I won a 6 man junkrat 

Cjmd7y9WYAAd_Xa.jpg

The weekly brawl is crazy for stuff like that, Hollywood is crazy, the torbjorn cheese tactics are real

So people in this thread are saying the aiming is sluggish, etc. I'm a HUGE Shadowrun fan and I'm considering buying this game. You guys think it's worthing purchasing? I'm on the fence right now.

I've played a couple games.

I'm not finding it "sluggish" like halo 3 or cs:go(on console)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope Blizzard really sort out the whole competitive scoring situation. It can be really confusing for newcomers to get into. Also, I wish when casting they would show Mercy POVs a lot more. I know some consider it "boring" to watch, but I love that shit. 

A homie ended up buying the game. So I have it now

Been playing it he past couple days.

My biggest complaints are the lack of skins

Game types

Maps

And search system

I also don't really like 6v6. Would prefer 5v5, but whatever. Not that big of a deal

Bastion is probably my best character

I really like road hog

McRee

Soldier

And Widowmaker is pretty good too

I'd try more support if I was playing with friends, but just been running solo right now

05b9c4307f80378351dd6f6208a28df8.png

Do you not find it difficult on offense playing snipers? Got a similar pattern just different heros - https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/career/pc/eu/careh-2727

Trying to learn different heroes but it's just so tempting to go back to straight up DPS, especially when you know you could be doing more than the other people you're supporting. Overall the game is very fun and addicting but my god is it raging. I've come to terms with things that used to rage me in Counter-Strike but I don't think I'll ever be able to get over some of the plays that go on in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you not find it difficult on offense playing snipers? Got a similar pattern just different heros - https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/career/pc/eu/careh-2727

Trying to learn different heroes but it's just so tempting to go back to straight up DPS, especially when you know you could be doing more than the other people you're supporting. Overall the game is very fun and addicting but my god is it raging. I've come to terms with things that used to rage me in Counter-Strike but I don't think I'll ever be able to get over some of the plays that go on in this game.

Sniping is really fun for me in this game. I can normally kill the enemy squishys as soon as they peak so it feels like I'm helping my team a lot. The only champ I have a hard time dealing with is Winston.  

i find that on certain maps widowmaker can be very effective on offense. other maps not so much due to angles and such. 

and if you can get down the hook launching you can straight up wreck teams due to the crazy angles you can get. i think a great map for offensive widowmaker is numbani.

here's an example of what im talking about. https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena/v/69343931?t=09h05m35s

Game plays really solid on console. Aiming is a bit sluggish, but not a bad alternative if you can't play on PC for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know how matchmaking works? First day I got it I was playing people my level and won 12 of 13 games. Logged on today and I'm playing people 20 levels above me and got wrecked.

Is there some sort of hidden MMR?

Does anyone know how matchmaking works? First day I got it I was playing people my level and won 12 of 13 games. Logged on today and I'm playing people 20 levels above me and got wrecked.

I don't think so, at the beginning i was matching people of the same level but now i'm a 33 and i can get two +30s, one +50, one +20 and two 5-15. Only thing i've noticed is that when searching with +4 people the queue is longer but i don't think it's searching for another team of +4, it's weird.

I fucking love tanks

QjnKpat.png

I believe there is an underlying MMR, but from what people have been saying, its not quite worked it's self out yet. I know for a fact I'm playing with high level players 9/10 times

Edit: Also, the MMR from the Beta might not have been reset

I don't think so, at the beginning i was matching people of the same level but now i'm a 33 and i can get two +30s, one +50, one +20 and two 5-15. Only thing i've noticed is that when searching with +4 people the queue is longer but i don't think it's searching for another team of +4, it's weird.

I fucking love tanks

QjnKpat.png

I think when in groups, it looks ot match against other groups of a similar capacity, so if your'e a 4 it will search for another 4, but, it then after a while it looks for other groups, 6,5,3 and 2. In the end i think if it doesn't find anything, you go against solos. 

I was on the fence but I got the game (for xbox) and I am so glad I did. I'm loving it. I feel like it has something for just about anyone. Whether you enjoy FPSs, MOBAs or both you can enjoy this game.

I hear people say that the shooting is sluggish and I suppose it is to an extent. But I wasn't expecting it to be Halo just like I wouldn't expect SMITE to be Gears. But it's damn good.

Also yes, the wait time will increase if you have a bigger party but it's nothing unreasonable imo.

Aiming on console feel a bit weird to me in this game.

I like the granularity of the options and how much you can fine tune it, but I feel stuck in that awkward area where the look speed is a bit too slow, but going any higher makes it really difficult to keep on target with single shot/low RoF precision weapons in particular.

That said, Halo feels much easier when switching back after a long OW session so it does have that going for it.