Sign in to follow this  
vVvZodyak

Rough draft for Competitive Titanfall settings!

Hi guys i was looking on some insight for these settings that I wrote up. I know that we don't have private lobbies and aren't 100% sure on the settings we will have that we can tweak and set but this is just a very general and basic settings list that I am trying to get second opinions on. 

Bans-

Tactial Ability- Active Radar Pulse
                 Particle Wall

Perks- Dead Man's Trigger

Weapons/Ordnance- Smart Pistol
                  Satchel Charge
                  Arc Mine

Need to have a discussion about the RE-45 Autopistol, similiar to the KAP-40 problem.

Burn cards will be banned

Gametypes- CTF, Last titan standing, Hardpoint domination

CTF- Two 5 minute rouunds most caps wins
     3 second spawn delay
     Killcam disabled
     Spectate team only

Last Titan Standing- 3 minute rounds
                     First to 5 rounds wins
                     Spectate team only

Hardpoint Domination- 5 minute rounds
                      Unlimited score
                      Two sides highest combined score wins

Maps- Angel City - Hardpoint Dom and CTF
      Colony - CTF, LTS possible Hardpoint Dom
      Boneyard- Hardpoint Dom, LTS
      Corporate- Hardpoint Dom and CTF 
      Demeter- CTF
      Fracture- Hardpoint Dom and LTS
      Lagoon- CTF and LTS
      Nexus- LTS
      Outpost 207- Hardpoint Dom
      Rise- LTS
      Smuggler's Cove - CTF
      Training Ground - Hardpoint Dom and LTS

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that's too much to start with. As a start for testing all I would do is either ban or restrict (if appropriate options are given, say the ability to set a whitelist for a series of X games in which all whitelisted cards are given to every player as their deck for that series) Burn Cards and not play Pilot Hunter or Last Titan Standing as there are no objectives or other incentives to move in those gametypes, whereas Attrition works better as a "deathmatch" gametype because Minion management is a factor which will cause players to disperse and find conflict with each other.

I also think that given how quickly a flag can disappear with an agile pilot or via Stryder Titan that a respawn timer in CTF would do more harm than good, although it's a little too early to tell yet, but again better to err on the side of giving things the opportunity to prove that they cause issues rather than changing them just because it doesn't appeal to what common sense in other shooters tells us. Unlike CoD or Halo there are no precedents yet set in Titanfall, which is why I think that if it is to be played competitively we should look at something as close to the base game as possible and let it evolve for a while before trying to mould it into something that already exists.

I do agree with round based Hardpoint Domination, but that's not really a gameplay alteration as much as it is one that simply gives both teams equal opportunities.

-For last titan standing the easiest way to give people a reason to move is short round limits so that is why i have it at 3 minutes to start if it truly needs to be shortened even more than that we can do so.

-Now that you mention the stryder and how fast you can get across the map I can definitely see no respawn timer would be a good thing to keep.

-Having attrition as a gametype would definitely be an interesting twist. will for sure be something we should test once private lobbies are implemented 

Ban Titans number one.

I don't think that is necessary. the Titan vs Titan and pilots vs Titan fights can be pretty competitive.

I don't think that is necessary. the Titan vs Titan and pilots vs Titan fights can be pretty competitive.

Is there a way to remove ai from game or are they just built in

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there a way to remove ai from game or are they just built in

This is a good question. One we wont know the answer to until we get custom lobbies I presume.

maybe its modable

Lets hope. Ai's are good when your internet is down,but sadly i feel they destroy the game when introduced into online play. This is the main reason i did not buy the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like disabling the AI in Titanfall would be about as useful as disabling the AI in League of Legends or DOTA; although it's not an exact parallel as to how the economy of each game works Titanfall's in game "economy" is time (to call in Titans and to activate Titan special abilities), and this is reduced in part by farming AI minions (who are about as threatening as those in MOBAs - they can kill you, but there's no way they should kill you if you are doing anything other than standing still near them).

In addition to that, the bots serve as an objective in the Attrition mode, which would be nothing more than a TDM mode without them. Effectively outfarming the opponent while also picking up important kills on active players is how that particular gametype is won. Without it you're looking at only 2 viable gametypes of CTF & Hardpoint Domination (regular deathmatch gametypes don't work in games that don't feature power weapons/powerups to collect on the maps).

Removing AI would not only mess with all of that, but it would also hamstring the Auto-Titan dynamic, possibly requiring Titans to be removed entirely. It would be removing at least one core tenet of what the game is built on and likely have a domino effect on a lot of the remaining facets of the game. You can't just look at it and say "Eww AI in multiplayer, get rid of them!" without considering the implications of that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Major Points:

Remove AI - Just no to the AI there are way to many times in hard point and CTF and i spawn and im on my way to the mid obj or flag and i end up with 8 AI in my face there is no need for that. 

Limit Titans: Each player gets one Titan per game. You can Auto Titan or Pilot,

Game Modes: CTF/Hardpoint - No way last Titan Standing will ever work without an Obj involved Any competitive Attrition Game i have played in pubs involved the other team targeting all the AI but none of the players 

As for burn cards not all need to be banned i can see a few of them still factoring into competitive play and it will add a twist it would have to be a limited set and this is even if respawn implements burn cards into customs i doubt they will

Lets hope. Ai's are good when your internet is down,but sadly i feel they destroy the game when introduced into online play. This is the main reason i did not buy the game.

Specters (more player like AI) could actually work well into competitive play. I believe that where they spawn/drop in and where it happens can be memorized so that they could be farmed for points toward a Titan or hacked to create another annoyance to the enemy.

Major Points:

Remove AI - Just no to the AI there are way to many times in hard point and CTF and i spawn and im on my way to the mid obj or flag and i end up with 8 AI in my face there is no need for that. 

Limit Titans: Each player gets one Titan per game. You can Auto Titan or Pilot,

Game Modes: CTF/Hardpoint - No way last Titan Standing will ever work without an Obj involved Any competitive Attrition Game i have played in pubs involved the other team targeting all the AI but none of the players 

As for burn cards not all need to be banned i can see a few of them still factoring into competitive play and it will add a twist it would have to be a limited set and this is even if respawn implements burn cards into customs i doubt they will

No need to limit the Titans, they are what makes the map really click it is called Titanfall after all.

• Downvote (-1) 1