CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

Yes sir, Visit IronGames.org and you can click on the games on the homepage to view more information. Any further questions feel free to tweet me directly @GNSemperFi and i'll answer your questions for you as best as i can.

Why not just answer the questions here instead of pushing out your twitter? There's at least 4 people answering stuff now to add to the confusion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

mods aren't happening, stop asking. and cut the bickering, focus on maps right now, it's the only thing we can influence to make this somewhat enjoyable to watch. S9 and dispatch need to be tossed asap, should be replaced with Orion and Ender. Never played Ark, is it any good for extraction?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why not just answer the questions here instead of pushing out your twitter? There's at least 4 people answering stuff now to add to the confusion.

And to my knowledge everyone is on the same page between my company and IG. Minus all the settings drama and confusion we are working round the clock to get things finalized and on it's way for the first Online Qualifier this weekend.

I have my twitter connected to my phone where i can get the notifications and answer questions faster and easier then post on the forums sorry.

mods aren't happening, stop asking. and cut the bickering, focus on maps right now, it's the only thing we can influence to make this somewhat enjoyable to watch. S9 and dispatch need to be tossed asap, should be replaced with Orion and Ender. Never played Ark, is it any good for extraction?

Whats that? More dispatch? Ok. But srs dont worry, got our voices heard

Just for the record I'm not here to answer settings questions. I'm just here as a voice for IG that we are listening and want to please this community as much as possible. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What comparison could I make?  Quake?  Quake's competitive community died exactly the same reason why Halo is now. 

Yes, bad new titles with little to no dev support. At least the Quake community played their most comp title(Q3) for many they wanted to compete in though for many years. Quake in general also decreased in MP popularity and was/is much more niche than Halo so the comparison really isn't the best.

These days you really have two choices. Settle for a mediocre comp title with an active community, or play the high skill-cap niche games in obscurity while your friends play the new CoD game.

Haven TS

Abandon TS

Simplex TS

Onyx TS

Skyline TS

Haven Extract

S9 Extract

Simplex Flag

Dispatch Flag

Adrift Flag

Skyline Flag

Pretty solid picks. Is there anything else apart from Adrift flag that could be played? Never seen it with no sprint so i can't have an opinion there, but with sprint it's just not that entertaining to watch. Feel like Onyx and Simple for TS is a little stale, would prefer Onyx for slayer and Simplex for flag if we had to choose one slayer for for objective.

You might not pay attention to the competitive disc golf scene today but if they were in your neighborhood offering you the chance to compete you might just get into it.

I can tell you for a fact that this is false because I am a casual disc golfer- participation in any kind of tournament would definitely end with me embarrassing myself.

Similar to how I play league casually and have a 4 other friends who play with me but would never participate in a tournament because I am a casual. The assumption that you're banking on will end in the bankruptcy of IG.

Furthermore, what has the data shown so far about how spectator friendly of a game h4 is?

U4IX- don't you dare call disc golf "frisbee golf" or "frolf"

Pretty solid picks. Is there anything else apart from Adrift flag that could be played? Never seen it with no sprint so i can't have an opinion there, but with sprint it's just not that entertaining to watch. Feel like Onyx and Simple for TS is a little stale, would prefer Onyx for slayer and Simplex for flag if we had to choose one slayer for for objective.

Ricochet has to be put in not an option on that one 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I havent kept up with anything competitive Halo related in a while so please dont flame for this but....

What is promod?

Halo 4 with no sprint, no bloom, no random spread, and spectator mode.

Uhhhhh, why?

New Rule

When someone says to trust them and that they know Halo, don't fucking trust them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can tell you for a fact that this is false because I am a casual disc golfer- participation in any kind of tournament would definitely end with me embarrassing myself.

But just what if disc golf was worth watching and was a fun spectator experience? Still no? Wouldn't consider being involved in any way?

But just what if disc golf was worth watching and was a fun spectator experience? Still no? Wouldn't consider being involved in any way?

Games that you are not involved with (even if by tangent) really are not that fun to watch. 

Not as long as my interest remained at "casual" level, why wouldn't it?

We can have a tournament in NYC if you guys want. We'll just have to do it in my 500 square foot apartment :kappa:

#makingsacrifices

*sighs* these kind of comments shows how stupid this is becoming.  Honestly I can think up a thousand ways the community can help without having to "do a tournament in your crappy apartment".  Someone like Naded or Cursed Lemon giving their high reputation in the community could make a post like this.  Hey guys, we are planning to make a throwback Halo tournament but we need your help!  I talked with "whatever center" and the'll let us use the place for the tournament for "insert days" for "insert price".  "Insert speech about how donating money and bringing consoles and televisions for the tournament will help the community".  Our goal for 4v4's is "insert money and number of equipment".  And our goal for 2v2's is "insert money and number of equipment".  Decisions on whether the tournament will be 2v2 or 4v4 will be entirely dependent on how much money and equipment we have collected.  So the more you donate, the more we will be able to do in the tournament.  Any extra consoles and equipment will be used to make gaming stations for other Halo titles.  

It's not fucking hard to make a tournament that isn't MLG like quality,  All it takes is someone who is well known in the community to give it a head start and the community to fully support it and actually do some "gasp" work.  Of course if a thread like this does show up, mostly all we will hear is, "I can't afford to donate"  "Who cares, Halo is dad" "If prize money isn't big enough, I'm not going"  "No cheap motel deals? This is ********".  Millions of excuses you expect to hear from children.

I seriously can't believe I get replies like this   

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you're running a tournament for the competitive community with settings that have no competitive merit, are you pleasing anyone?

Does anyone still play halo 4 passionately enough to prepare and attend a LAN event?

I will be surprised if 8 teams attend

Artaneus, wat ? U are as naive as you are wrong

It's not fucking hard to make a tournament that isn't MLG like quality,  All it takes is someone who is well known in the community to give it a head start and the community to fully support it and actually do some "gasp" work.  Of course if a thread like this does show up, mostly all we will hear is, "I can't afford to donate"  "Who cares, Halo is dad" "If prize money isn't big enough, I'm not going"  "No cheap motel deals? This is ********".  Millions of excuses you expect to hear from children.

You mean like Ghandi? Oh yeah that was a complete flop.

Ricochet has to be put in not an option on that one 

No reasoning behind it.

It just HAS to be in.....

#devsupport

• Upvote (+1) 7

Games that you are not involved with (even if by tangent) really are not that fun to watch. 

I'm sorry but that's completely short sighted. That's like saying since no one came out to watch the first 10 years of basketball let's just give it up. Or maybe skateboarding would be a better analogy. Either way for eSports to succeed it must become first and foremost a spectator event.

• Upvote (+1) 1