CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

Having pro mod or no sprint was never an option for business reasons, 343 will not support mods. as to dispatch there is just no point in changing that map it plays just fine. Your right we should have clarified that we will take that into account for the future. We are looking at putting the finished Ender in possibly in the future:)

one of the IG twitter tweeted that pro-mod was in discussion.

Also in the original video the guy states that whatever game the community wants to play is the game that will be played regardless (of developer support). Halo 4 won, it shouldn't matter if there is developer support according to the first video.

That's why halo3 and everything else could be voted for wasn't it? If halo 3, 2, 1 , random game #66 won, you weren't going to get developer support. Why is dev support mandatory for halo4?

I don't know what the truth is anymore...

and disregarding all that, didn't Quinn offer no sprint. Why isn't it still on the table?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was able to sit down and have a skype conversation with Proverb and he was able to clear some things up for me. I will try and have the recording up soon. He seemed very polite about the entire situation, and if I were to take one thing from the conversation is that the guys at Iron Gaming do care about Halo. They certainly are new at this, and have made a ton of missteps, and I don't exactly see how it is viable (money wise) to run, but the best we can do is wait and see how IG70k pans out.

Thanks again for your time Proverb and good luck.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not asking you to bow down, and you would have to know Mr Aaron in person, twitter portrays the worst in people and there is a lot more to this company then just him. And I do apologize about my grammar  not my strong suet. :)

other-04c6906524cd877e833fe26ddaddc62f-2

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was able to sit down and have a skype conversation with Proverb and he was able to clear some things up for me. I will try and have the recording up soon. He seemed very polite about the entire situation, and if I were to take one thing from the conversation is that the guys at Iron Gaming do care about Halo. They certainly are new at this, and have made a ton of missteps, and I don't exactly see how it is viable (money wise) to run, but the best we can do is wait and see how IG70k pans out.

Any time man, we will do our best to make it worth while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

one of the IG twitter tweeted that pro-mod was in discussion.

Also in the original video the guy states that whatever game the community wants to play is the game that will be played regardless (of developer support). Halo 4 won, it shouldn't matter if there is developer support according to the first video.

That's why halo3 and everything else could be voted for wasn't it? If halo 3, 2, 1 , random game #66 won, you weren't going to get developer support. Why is dev support mandatory for halo4?

I don't know what the truth is anymore...

and disregarding all that, didn't Quinn offer no sprint. Why isn't it still on the table?

Not sure where you saw that but pro mod has never been on the table, and h4 will lead into the future if h3 would have been voted in we would not have kept it longer then the first season.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

blame 343 and halo4  for all of our problems #notKappa

Yeah, let's blame 343 for AGL's doing and our current situation of not trusting people doing tournaments. #DefinitelyKappa 

• Upvote (+1) 1

blame 343 and halo4  for all of our problems #notKappa

While I agree with the statement when it comes to Halo's population and competitive merit as a whole.  It doesn't excuse the fact that the community as a whole is so unwilling to spend their own time and money to keep older Halo titles alive at the local competitive level.  It doesn't excuse the fact that the majority of the Halo pros completely abandon the community when they no longer make profit.  It doesn't excuse the fact that the community expects companies whose entire agenda is to make profit, to care about the "different and conflicted" opinions that the community can't reasonably work past.  Mainly deciding on what game of the series to fully support 100%.  We all know how bad Bungie/343 has fucked up the competitive value of the series and they are to blame for a good amount of problems.  I have watched Cursed Lemon videos talk about this constantly and experienced this myself.  But in no way, shape, or form can we bring them to account for their actions.  Instead of constantly whining about whose to blame, the community needs to unite and start carrying the burden of competitive halo as a whole.  Come on people, let's not let Halo die the same way Quake did.  Let's carry the burden instead of just expecting a developer/publisher to do it when we already know that they aren't going too.  343 doesn't give two shits unless it affects their profit margins.  It's best to understand this truth now. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

ITT: People trying to justify shit they say on Twitter and not take responsibility for their words.

There's nothing else to it than that. The tournaments have a 0.005% chance of happening, and most don't even want Halo 4 anyway. What's the point of this whole ordeal? Proving who started it who is wrong? I think we get it at this point.

Just get with the fact that nothing interesting will happen until E3 and move on...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure where you saw that but pro mod has never been on the table, and h4 will lead into the future if h3 would have been voted in we would not have kept it longer then the first season.

so we never really had a choice

• Upvote (+1) 4

"dev support" being tweets and a playlist isn't worth using shitty settings that only a small minority of the competitive community really enjoys. using modded settings doesn't really impact anything because the people that care about 343is advertising aren't interested in the eSports side of halo and the people who compete practice in custom games and not in matchmaking.

so what's the problem with using promod?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so we never really had a choice

I mean we kind of all really already knew we never did...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legendary: Sargoth, suspector, Winter, Tragic

Please post your team I will try and keep up thanks 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still trying to comprehend all of this

Omfg TJ you finally fixed your Keyboard bro?

QFT

I understand that Iron Gaming have been extremely unprofessional in all regards, but damn is there any need to carry on in such an immature manner.

This community is toxic on so many levels (and I realise the developer made us this way through a deteriorating franchise) but it has to end if we are ever going to restore the competitive side of the game to something respectable, because people WILL NOT want to work with us if the majority of the community doesn't act like mature adults. 

Honestly I often wonder if everyone in the Halo community was brought together through the love of the game, or for the love of endless drama and mud-throwing.

+55 rep

Mighty big of you. Hats off to you kind sir.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to sound negative or anthing, but does it bother anybody else that there is this much bad blood between IG and BE, and there hasn't even been a tournament yet? Is it time to grow up yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please just stop. In your four word reply you couldn't even type that correctly. I would strongly advise you to not reply, it simply won't end well for you. I am pretty sure if IG hired a PR team of kindergartners, they would be doing a better job then you currently are.

He's incredibly unprofessional.Just look at how much time he devotes to constructing proper sentences.

A company's primary goal is to make customers happy; in this case, end users who are interested in Halo. If the tournaments don´t get viewers they have to change the business model. When starting up and running a business you should identify how to capture customer interest. IG has unfortunately failed in many respects and thus they have spent a lot of potential customers' interest. As a consumer of Halo, I have roughly the same standards of quality as when I consume other services or products. It is somewhat naive to talk about "all must work together to get what we want.” As a consumer I have the choice to select products. I will not feel bad that I criticize a company that is acting naive and unprofessional regardless if it benefits Halo or not. I've actually never experienced a company trying to blame me as the end customer that I don’t consume their product.

With that said, I must conclude that I fervently hope that IG succeeds in their goals. But as a consumer I have the same reference scale as when I choose other products. Simple as that!

Talking trash may seem a bit immature but hey…say a company that never gets criticized? It is the name of the game and serious companies use this critique to become even better! A company should never talk trash about their customers in any way. And customers in this case are every person that has a potential interest to watch the tournaments.

My advice to IG is to merge the communication and marketing and not post randomly in different social media. That usually just looks unprofessional.

I sincererly hope IG can deliver great tournaments and I will watch every second. But IG must convince me, not the other way around.

Not to sound negative or anthing, but does it bother anybody else that there is this much bad blood between IG and BE, and there hasn't even been a tournament yet? Is it time to grow up yet?

PM me the basics of whats going on? Haven't been around hardly at all in the pat weeks.

Not sure why I read as much as I did. I've never seen 2 parties more dedicated to their own petty squabbles while masquerading behind the "we do it for halo!" mantra. One shot gets fired and everything digresses into a bitter shit fest. Severely embarrassed for both communities, no matter who started it.

EDIT: Glad it's apparently sorted out, but shouldn't have even gone down like this in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish they could have an understanding like with that of AGL before "AGL 10k". But this was literally one of the issues between IG and BE. Their owner made it clear that all feedback and IG related things had to be done on their forums.

You don't get respect until you earn that respect.  Halo won't get respect as long as it's community acts like trolls on twitch.  I can understand how the community feels, trust me I have been apart of the competitive community since 05, but when I suggest the alternative where the community itself runs tournaments and events all I get are comments like this.  "Costs too much money" "Setting up a 4v4 event is too expensive" "2v2 events are gay" "no point in playing unless you can make a living playing" "I have a life now, I can't afford to unhook all my shit and travel".  And the list goes on and on and on.  If the community is too lazy to take cares of itself, how can you expect someone else too?  Still expect mommy and daddy to give a shit when you move out?

Wish I could rep this twice... at the end of the day a lot of ppl seem to be looking for a "white knight" to save halo instead of doing what's in their power

My advice to IG is to merge the communication and marketing and not post randomly in different social media. That usually just looks unprofessional.

^ agreed, glad it's sorted out to some degree.