CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

They never played in a tourney with the new rosters though. No sure if there were any hard feelings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait 2v2 allows for more variety in map selection? woah

Not excatly, but unless more of CE timers the asym will always be hated. The routes play a big role in asyms. The older asyms would work do to the fact there was more routes then players. Now i feel with 4's you need at least 6-7 routes so the team cant watch all the routes. Take penance aka dammy now thiswas afan favorite in ce,but was hated in halo reach. Do to lack of routes for players and slow weapon times.  

I just remembered, didn't Ambush boot Heinz for Legit? 

Yeah. But if they came back, I'm assuming they would use the Heinz, Ola, Snipedown, Formal lineup

Not excatly, but unless more of CE timers the asym will always be hated. The routes play a big role in asyms. The older asyms would work do to the fact there was more routes then players. Now i feel with 4's you need at least 6-7 routes so the team cant watch all the routes. Take penance aka dammy now thiswas afan favorite in ce,but was hated in halo reach. Do to lack of routes for players and slow weapon times.  

my question to ig though is why are maps and gametypes the only "settings" that are being discussed? when i hear settings i also think ns vs sprint, timers, weapon placement, ordnance vs drop spawn. i feel like all this "voting" is pr to make people think they are in control when in fact so much has already been decided

my question to ig though is why are maps and gametypes the only "settings" that are being discussed? when i hear settings i also think ns vs sprint, timers, weapon placement, ordnance vs drop spawn. i feel like all this "voting" is pr to make people think they are in control when in fact so much has already been decided

This is correct. I doubt Proverb knows any different apart from 2min for some, and 3 min for other.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I'm recalling correctly a significant reason for the overwhelming amount of symmetrical maps had to do with Killa KC's dislike for asymms in competitive play on account of both teams not having the exact same options from the start of a game. And he did that for what, five years?

I went to a lot of halo 3 lans in NJ. There were a few of them that brought a couple MLG guys out like Nexy, Puckett, DMAQ, and KC, but now that I think about it we did end up playing a few new maps "just to see". Always under the assumption they were never going to be implemented, but I wonder if those games were actual tests or just for fun.

Way too many symmetrical maps that play similar. Slayer and Extraction need more asymmetrical maps. When are we going to get out of this hive mentality that we have to make everything symmetric? Asymms require more skill to play, is this a competitive tourney for players who don't want to exert too much mental ability, gun skills and teamwork? Competitive halo has been soft on the players for years in terms of settings and maps until  that gold pro 2v2 tournament. Sigh..

Take penance aka dammy now thiswas afan favorite in ce,but was hated in halo reach. Do to lack of routes for players and slow weapon times.

Penance Damnation didn't work because of the weapon layout, not because of the routes and timers. If they used the CE layout the map would have flowed better...go look at the gold pro version of pen..err damnation. That was the main reason why the map turned into a extremely slow paced game, plus the timers were all 2 mins and 3 mins...which is silly on every map in this day n age of competitive halo. Better weapon layouts n faster timers need to come back to the forefront with better maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not since 2009. Now every map is Pit, Sanc, or Midship. The occasional Lockout is put in there, but everything must be symmetrical.

There was even someone who attempted to make a symmetrical Lockout!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would think it would be Ace, Snakebite, Snipedown, Enable.

Seeing how Formal is finding a lot of success in CoD and doesn't wanna ruin that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would think it would be Ace, Snakebite, Snipedown, Enable.

Seeing how Formal is finding a lot of success in CoD and doesn't wanna ruin that.

https://twitter.com/FormaL_tK/status/451478707035578368/photo/1

I would think he could easily do both, not like H4 needs a lot of practice, not much money on the line compared to CoD, not as much competiton compared to CoD either. 

Besides, after this whole IG thing, that will probably be it for Halo until November, at least any "major" Halo tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would think he could easily do both, not like H4 needs a lot of practice, not much money on the line compared to CoD, not as much competiton compared to CoD either. 

Besides, after this whole IG thing, that will probably be it for Halo until November, at least any "major" Halo tournaments. 

Very true and true. I'm just thinking 20 moves ahead...lot of time before the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not loving the maps I've played so far but it's definitely an improvement from Haven, Haven, Adrift, Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Haven, etc. 

The construct wasn't half bad and I also enjoyed a Ricochet map. (which was very surprising)

I still feel No Sprint would add so much more depth to these maps. People can't just fly everywhere, jumping on top of everything and getting away no shields all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still feel No Sprint would add so much more depth to these maps. People can't just fly everywhere, jumping on top of everything and getting away no shields all the time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. Since we can't descope, we might as well use the no sprint mod for future settings. Could make the game much more enjoyable to watch. One can hope...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't played a single game of no sprint in H4, and am confident the game would play better NS. It allows for to much shenanigans and not enough thinking about what you are doing in terms of teamwork and positioning.

Reach benefited ten fold, so would this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember that Europe used No sprint and it was good?

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv/c/3999724

@ 1:40:00

Sirscoots jumped on to throw in support for them to not be shady. I think this is pretty good news, all things considered. He did say they are relatively new to this and they have ran a Booth at the Smite tournament and something at RTX last year. Just thought I'd throw that out there, because we are all ready to throw out pitchforks when there is less transparency. He's also advising them and sending them to certain people, because he knows of them as old school Counter-Strike fans. 

Not saying don't be weary, but Sirscoots is a pretty reputable person in the eSports world.

This is fantastic news. They'll definitely take a lot of experience from working with Scoots' guide. Really makes me curious how CS:GO will turn out at the event, ontop of Halo.

This is fantastic news. They'll definitely take a lot of experience from working with Scoots' guide. Really makes me curious how CS:GO will turn out at the event, ontop of Halo.

Well, they havent advertised too well so far.

So they should be, best forge CTF map in the game.

You dam right

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Recently I have been itching to start to compete again but like most people including myself none of my teammates from the MLG days really plays Halo or competitive anymore.  The F/A system at IG is pretty bad right now my only question is is there anybody out there that might be considering doing an online qualifier or possibly a LAN.  If I find the right team I'd be willing to do both, so if you are looking for 1 more or looking to start a team hit me up on XBL @ LX Ronin.  I have event experience and have been competing in Halo since 3.

LX Ronin

If anyone is going to care about this tournament, it needs to differentiate itself completely from every other h4 tournament we've had thus far.

Why will this tournament be different from the rest? How can it be if we're using the same settings & all symmetric maps?

• Upvote (+1) 2