CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

#haloce

could someone tweet ig for me about their thoughts regarding 2v2 for h4?

I say yes.

SaLoT, on 01 Apr 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I am going over maps tonight and send my thoughts tonight.

2v2 maps?

Doju, on 01 Apr 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Skyline lifts blocked to make the map playble.

please yes!

2v2 maps?

Id prefer other people handle it who worked on 2 v 2 maps, rather than just 4s maps with a 25 kill limit. We dont need 15min games on Onyx.

But, I imagine its 4 v 4 only.

the 4-10th popular h3 stream on an average day will have more viewers than all of halo4. said average cuz you know big names like to stream random games

This logic is awful. It is still sub 400 for the entire game. Either of them.

• Downvote (-1) 1

that's not logic, that's just a fact.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

What logic? I believe he was simply answering someone's question based on facts..

• Upvote (+1) 1

unless bravo recommends ns settings or promod then he is nothing more than a 343 yes man. and gandhi? what type of work has gandhi put into developing halo 4 settings lately? gandhi is a buzzword at this point and that tweet did exactly what it was supposed to do. lull people into a false sense of trust because they appear to be working with a community idol. sorry but im not drinking their kool-aid

#InBravoWeTrust

#InBravoWeTrust

ya because he totally got us a NS gametype  :walshy:, <-------damn i reread this and i sound like a jackass since settings and gametypes arent really a part of bravos job over at 343....

Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I don't really keep up with this topic because there is usually 50 responses by the time I log in again and check this thread.

I support the fact that Irongaming chose Halo 4 over Halo 3. While Halo 3 is probably the more wanted from the competitive community, I feel like Halo 4 would get the Halo community more attention, even if the population has dropped drastically, its still hanging on hopefully until H2A announcement. Having even a slight bump in populations and getting interest in a competitive community excites me more for the future of Halo than going back to a more "Halo" game.

I don't know how true this next statement is, but I would think that getting developer support (and doing a good job), would promote you to be a healthy company and when H2A comes around 343i is probably going to give you more attention than any other company trying to run tournaments (with the exception of MLG or VG). They would obviously support any tournament being run, but give more attention and detail to IG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2v2 maps?

please yes!

No idea on what there running,but i assume 4vs4

I can confirm that neither Scott or Salot are in charge of the game types for halo. They will be submitting there thoughts to Aaron who will be forwarding them to the event management and between event management, Bravo and Aaron the settings will be placed and announced.

We look forward to seeing what the community wants settings wise we have been working on the settings since the announcement and will continue to till we have decided which ones will be placed into the tournament.

No idea on what there running,but i assume 4vs4

You are correct, We will be running 4v4.

I am going over maps tonight and send my thoughts tonight.

I heard, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I can confirm that neither Scott or Salot are in hcharge of the game types for halo. They will be submitting there thoughts to Aaron who will be forwarding them to the event management and between event management, Bravo and Aaron the settings will be placed and announced.

We look forward to seeing what the community wants settings wise we have been working on the settings since the announcement and will continue to till we have decided which ones will be placed into the tournament.

Ok, to aid discussion, you need to elaborate on what you have been working on.

What have you been working on?

What's maps are under considerationand why have they have come to the decision they have made?

What are the dlc options?

What is your forge map knowledge outside of salot maps like ?

How do you plan to maximise the meta game with varied gametypes?

• Upvote (+1) 3

No sprint, no radar. Or.... Promod. Seriously, the gametype is good. We got both CTF and TS and if people really want it, we could get Koth and Oddball as well.

Either way... No sprint, no radar.

There'll be like 17 teams tops at any given IG Halo 4 event.

not even. 

I am going to wait a couple more days before I give my realist opinion on Iron Gaming 50k.