CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

To my knowledge CSGO isn't having any big time casters for IG. yet no one gives IG flack.  the halo community is just too whiney and picky.  LAN Valen and the other casters are fine.  They are doing pretty good for new casters.  Remember how gandhi was at his first season with MLG?  he was terrible.  constant stuttering.   

To a certain extent, they did have others filling in on the side like Puckett, Sundance, Nexy, DMAQ etc to help it. Lan Valen isn't as good as Gandhi's worse though.

Casters aren't the biggest part, but if you are paying guys (I'm assuming now) get someone like Goldenboy out there that can carry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To a certain extent, they did have others filling in on the side like Puckett, Sundance, Nexy, DMAQ etc to help it. Lan Valen isn't as good as Gandhi's worse though.

Casters aren't the biggest part, but if you are paying guys (I'm assuming now) get someone like Goldenboy out there that can carry.

Are those casters available?  how much are they charging too?  maybe IG wants to help new casters like Valen and hopefully have them grow into wonderful casters like the ones you mentioned.  What's wrong with that?  I feel like Valen is doing a great job and is improving with every cast.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are those casters available?  how much are they charging too?  maybe IG wants to help new casters like Valen and hopefully have them grow into wonderful casters like the ones you mentioned.  What's wrong with that?  I feel like Valen is doing a great job and is improving with every cast.  

I'm not sure if they have been asked, would be a smart move on IG part though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pissed at myself for that reply. I'm going outside now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

First, a compliment. You're the first person that is so dense that they actually pulled me to a point where I couldn't help myself but to reply.

Also - before you read on, please know that I know exactly how it feels to be in your position. I had the unenviable task of following up MLG, and this tweet. If you only knew the shit storm I faced with this tweet. Coming from holy territory, I had a much more difficult task than you do now - and even then I didn't come close to lashing back*: 

72f8307e5218dc869f73c7231be7bfbc.png

But now:

I had considered writing up an intelligent and very comprehensive post explaining how and where you went wrong,(and how to improve) but there's just too much, and I've decided to leave a simple-minded reply that you can actually digest.

This post cements the fact that you're a douche bag. So much so that you've managed to break me down to the level to point this out to you. 

Your unfiltered reply here is baffling to me, as an adult, as a man, as a father, as a professional in this space. It's embarrassing, and clearly signifies that you're unfit to lead. Anything. And here I am now arguing with you. For shame.This whole thing was entertaining at first, and I was hopeful things would work themselves out - but these last few replies are the last act of a desperate man.

PS - On your next venture when dealing with a community, please take to heart the fact that it's not what you say, but how you say it.

*= save for trolling a couple of times on Twitter.

loki_ooh3vu9l.gif

Was there actually a deal preventing MLG running Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pissed at myself for that reply. I'm going outside now.

Go get that swim.

First, a compliment. You're the first person that is so dense that they actually pulled me to a point where I couldn't help myself but to reply.

Also - before you read on, please know that I know exactly how it feels to be in your position. I had the unenviable task of following up MLG, and this tweet. If you only knew the shit storm I faced with this tweet. Coming from holy territory, I had a much more difficult task than you do now - and even then I didn't come close to lashing back*: 

But now:

I had considered writing up an intelligent and very comprehensive post explaining how and where you went wrong,(and how to improve) but there's just too much, and I've decided to leave a simple-minded reply that you can actually digest.

This post cements the fact that you're a douche bag. So much so that you've managed to break me down to the level to point this out to you. 

Your unfiltered reply here is baffling to me, as an adult, as a man, as a father, as a professional in this space. It's embarrassing, and clearly signifies that you're unfit to lead. Anything. And here I am now arguing with you. For shame.This whole thing was entertaining at first, and I was hopeful things would work themselves out - but these last few replies are the last act of a desperate man.

PS - On your next venture when dealing with a community, please take to heart the fact that it's not what you say, but how you say it.

carl season 

loki_ooh3vu9l.gif

Was there actually a deal preventing MLG running Halo?

No. 343 stated multiple times theres nothing stopping a deal with MLG. MLG didnt have much interest. Frank O'Connor stated that clearly after H4GC in an interview. I think.

How about this.  I have made some mistakes and am willing to put forth the effort to make the changes needed to work with BE.  I will be at E3 next week.  We can all have a beer and really get to understand each other.  I will even pay for it.  Would Frank, Joseph, and Ray be up for that?  Let me know via email or Twitter DM or smoke signal or carrier pigeon.

-AW

Das it mane, das it.

I urge all parties involved to put the past behind and take this opportunity. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If you guys care about competitive halo as much as you say you'll take Aaron up on that offer.

Also Frank. Dude the only way to commentate online halo is to recapture streams....... You know since there isn't a spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure if they have been asked, would be a smart move on IG part though.

Ghandi is casting at RTX.  Still waiting on Clint to let us know.

-AW

• Upvote (+1) 1

This post cements the fact that you're a douche bag.

lolol, gg, wp, nore.

Ghandi is casting at RTX. Still waiting on Clint to let us know.

-AW

Glad to hear!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about this.  I have made some mistakes and am willing to put forth the effort to make the changes needed to work with BE.  I will be at E3 next week.  We can all have a beer and really get to understand each other.  I will even pay for it.  Would Frank, Joseph, and Ray be up for that?  Let me know via email or Twitter DM or smoke signal or carrier pigeon.

-AW

We are not attending, if we were I would take you up on that offer.

Only if you picked up the tab though, you know. With those millions.

:frank:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Also Frank. Dude the only way to commentate online halo is to recapture streams....... You know since there isn't a spectator mode.

Promod has spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't it third person that you can't really control

But now:

Too be blunt, this.

My 3 things wrong with Iron Gaming:

• @Aaron the way you carry yourself is really bad, especially for someone in your position. I don't know you personally, but from what I have seen you do not handle yourself well. Sometimes it is to the extent to where it is hard to trust anything you do or say. The amount of back-lashing at the community is terrible. People like Sundance get hate/death threats every minute of every day and ignores them. How can we expect you to handle that properly, if you can't stop yourself from making a spectacle out of the few you do get?

• Why does IG think they know more about what is better for the community than the community? I've seen a large amount of feedback go unnoticed. You don't have to implement every little change, but at least explain why you don't for some. 

• I don't like how you handle your monetary situation. This one is probably the most personal and least significant of the three. You guys seem to want to spend money on everything. Maybe I'm just perceiving it the wrong way, but the last league that did that was ESGN. If this turns out anywhere near that, you will be dead to competitive gaming. 

With all that being said, I hope the community and IG can come to an understanding and work things out.

• Upvote (+1) 2