CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

Because Promod turns h4 into a completely different (better) game.

I agree the modding community has had big influences on games and games systems. Me as a old school modder back in ce and h2 i can understand what you mean. But fighting is just making it worse.

kinda goes against the same people in here saying what halo needs don't you think? Its the fact that what i see is more of fighting instead of coming together as a community to make our community better.

What i have seen in the past few weeks is agruments. Why does our community just stand around fighting with each other while our community draws further and further apart? The funny thing is that you guys think one person can save halo or our community.

Yes it starts with one voice,but if the voice falls over deaf ears then the voice is void.

Because everyone has a different perception and an opinion on how Halo should be played.

Whatever happen to that ''no sprint'' setting quinn the based god teased us/343ayame with? Also, glad to see people aren't sleeping on Doju anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Whatever happen to that ''no sprint'' setting quinn the based god teased us/343ayame with? Also, glad to see people aren't sleeping on Doju anymore. 

Didn't ghost shoot it down for 343 to focus on other stuff?

You mean this :D 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't ghost shoot it down for 343 to focus on other stuff?

Ricochet

why is none top players labeled as "casual" and why are "casual" players automatically bad? casual doesn't define skill level only interest in the game. we've also had this argument before the problem is these "top players" won't give the maps any thorough testing unless we actually put them in the settings.

y are u arguing this. we all know what he meant smh

kinda goes against the same people in here saying what halo needs don't you think?

Not really, I have more faith in the guys on this forum to create quality Halo gametypes. Outside of being able to adapt to a game and become successful at a game I have no faith in professionals choosing the best maps and gametypes. History has shown us that they can be oblivious to what makes a good Halo game. Look at the guys on here that have actually done their homework on maps, settings and gametypes....all the discussions we've seen over the years from people who actually know what they are they are talking about....I don't remember a single pro stepping in discussing the game like those guys...instead we saw posts like "that map sucks....use this"...."this map promotes teamwork...use it"....Those are not the guys I would depend on for good feedback. Ryanoob saying Asymms suck or Ogre 2 saying no bloom, no skill are hilariously idiotic statements to make. It makes those guys....as professionals...look bad. 

This is why there should be a set team of guys who create the settings, with feedback from everyone, while not leaning to one side over the other. Ultimately these guys should depend on their knowledge of maps, settings, spawns and weapons to pick the best gametypes possible. Look at professional sports, the player's don't dictate the rules...the leagues do. The same should apply to Halo. I don't want to play settings created by pros for pros. I already know what i'm gonna get and I don't want it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If football players ran the NFL there wouldn't be any illegal tackles. Getting brain damage? Get good :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't remember a single pro stepping in discussing the game

Great point.

I don't think a single pro has ever demonstrated their knowledge on what is best for competitive Halo, yet we place their opinions on a pedastol when it comes to creating tournament settings? Dafuq...

This is why gametypes stay so stagnant from one version to the next (aside from reach v7). Why would any pro want to add a brand new map/gametype into the rotation once they had become familiar enough with the status quo?

Even if drastically altering the settings and/or map pool would objectivley seperate good and bad players by a greater degree, the pros will always vote to maintain the status quo and overreact when any kinds of alterations are made.

Then we go ahead and overvalue their input when decision makers choose the settings.

That's whack.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean this :D

this shit right here STILL breaks my heart to this day....unbelievable man..

• Upvote (+1) 1