CyReN

RTX Halo 4 Tournament Discussion

Isn't it third person that you can't really control

That's FFA.

Team based Spec mode is the monitor flying around. Really.

Promod has spectator mode.

It has what is basically a death cam. Why would you want to just watch players entirely in third person?

That's FFA.

Team based Spec mode is the monitor flying around. Really.

Not any better to be honest

• Upvote (+1) 2

My biggest problem is that they are using a dead game which has no competitive value for 4v4. I understand they want to have 'dev support', but then atleast use good settings. Unfortunately the guy that is in charge of that is absolutely clueless on what to do with them, I know that Proverb is part of the team for a while now or something like that. He could still be part of the business, just get him away from the settings and put knowledgeable community members in charge of the settings.

Or just use halo reach v7, which has a lot of untapped potential.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/352217941959385090

^ what about this tweet from last July or is Sundance just being Sundance. 

What he means is in a way that isn't a hole MLG has to throw money in, like it was before. He means with AT LEAST Dev/Pub support, if not also a spectator mode, etc. If Halo had those things, it wouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

How about this.  I have made some mistakes and am willing to put forth the effort to make the changes needed to work with BE.  I will be at E3 next week.  We can all have a beer and really get to understand each other.  I will even pay for it.  Would Frank, Joseph, and Ray be up for that?  Let me know via email or Twitter DM or smoke signal or carrier pigeon.

-AW

There it is right there. Not an easy thing to do to own up to mistakes and I applaud you for this post.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this feud. Please accept the olive branch in whatever way you can BE staff.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How about this.  I have made some mistakes and am willing to put forth the effort to make the changes needed to work with BE.  I will be at E3 next week.  We can all have a beer and really get to understand each other.  I will even pay for it.  Would Frank, Joseph, and Ray be up for that?  Let me know via email or Twitter DM or smoke signal or carrier pigeon.

-AW

well done!

• Upvote (+1) 1

What he means is in a way that isn't a hole MLG has to throw money in, like it was before. He means with AT LEAST Dev/Pub support, if not also a spectator mode, etc. If Halo had those things, it wouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Well that, and the *current* Halos arent even competitive enough to be on MLG circuit. So until then.

Really. So daring is a threat what are we 2 years old now. I will have to keep that in mind.

It was a joke, you dolt.

Or just use halo reach v7, which has a lot of untapped potential.

Season 1 is sunk at this point, and there may be a new Halo game out by S2.

Well that, and the *current* Halos arent even competitive enough to be on MLG circuit. So until then.

That wouldn't actually matter as much if there was dev/pub support. Ghosts isn't that competitive, but it has a spectator mode & a publisher throwing money into it.

If Microsoft had done exactly what Activision has done, Halo would likely still be on the circuit.

That wouldn't actually matter as much if there was dev/pub support. Ghosts isn't that competitive, but it has a spectator mode & a publisher throwing money into it.

If Microsoft had done exactly what Activision has done, Halo would likely still be on the circuit.

Id rather have the game be good if it were to go on the MLG circuit. If its not a good game, and its not competitive, dont put it on the circuit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Id rather have the game be good if it were to go on the MLG circuit. If its not a good game, and its not competitive, dont put it on the circuit. 

1b110-nothowthisworks.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's funny. Make one mistake, create a bandwagon. Apologize once, everyone is cool. :D

It's funny. Make one mistake, create a bandwagon. Apologize once, everyone is cool. :D

Not really, the email that was posted is still pretty questionable 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So are we all going to hold hands and sing kumbaya or are we gonna think of another reason to hate each other.

Not really, the email that was posted is still pretty questionable

And there is still a conversation that needs to occur to see if things can be worked out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't say everything is fine. Still a lot of work ahead before that happens; however IG declaring they are willing to put the effort in to working with Beyond is a step in the right direction.