spinatix

Xbox One Wired Controller Announced

Good. This was one of the questions I had. Another one is will you still have to charge the controller even if you play in wired mode all the time? Basically, when in wired mode, will the controller draw power from the xbone?

Thank f*** for that! If they only came out with wireless controllers I wasn't even gonna buy the Xbox One.

Ugh. That prob means a built in, non user replaceable battery.

All the pictures so far clearly show a battery cover on the back of the controller.  At least, that's what I assume that little plastic cover is for.

All the pictures so far clearly show a battery cover on the back of the controller.  At least, that's what I assume that little plastic cover is for.

I thought i already heard somewhere that it would be a built in battery.

But i only have one question about the xbox one at the moment. Will al headsets wich are usable with the xbox 360 also be usable with the xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought i already heard somewhere that it would be a built in battery.

But i only have one question about the xbox one at the moment. Will al headsets wich are usable with the xbox 360 also be usable with the xbox one.

People are saying they aren't compatible but we might see Astro come out with an adaptor which allows us to use them with the new Xbox. It's likely we'll find out during E3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a more detailed article direct from Microsoft. It covers most of the new features of the controller.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/xbox-one-controller-feature

Just read through that.. My Razer Sabertooth already has angled bumpers/triggers, the thumbsticks are better than default, buttons are mechanical (So better than xbox one's) Has no battery pack issue anyway because of it being wired. Better D-Pad, and extra customizable buttons. Xbox one also has extra vibration motors in the triggers that i'll never use because I play no vibration. Yet I can't use my Sabertooth with the Xbox One. How stupid is that.. I have a 360 controller better than the xbox one controller.. but they're trying to advertise that it's better than 360 controllers. It may be better than stock controllers, but no way in hell is it better than the sabertooth. This new xbox one controller is a  :trash: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still can't use my fucking Astro A40's though.. Fuck Microsoft and fuck Turtle Beach.

I'm sure Astro will find a way around it. 

I'm sure Astro will find a way around it. 

Im 99% sure the the Xbox One only has a HDMI port which means there will be no optical no I have no clue how the mixamps will work (really don't wanna buy a new one) and I also feel bad for people who do not own a TV with an HDMI port on the back..

• Downvote (-1) 3

Im 99% sure the the Xbox One only has a HDMI port which means there will be no optical no I have no clue how the mixamps will work (really don't wanna buy a new one) and I also feel bad for people who do not own a TV with an HDMI port on the back..

Damn, that's not looking good then. Hopefully we'll be proved wrong @ E3. :/

For those wondering, I believe the battery is removable

xbox-one-controller-theverge-5_1020_verg

Xbox One actually has a lot of inputs including optical out. From right to left: Power, HDMI out, optical out, HDMI in, 2x USB in, Kinect USB+Power, IR Blaster, ethernet

xbox-one-t-heverge8_1020_verge_super_wid

• Upvote (+1) 4

For those wondering, I believe the battery is removable

xbox-one-controller-theverge-5_1020_verg

Xbox One actually has a lot of inputs including optical out. From right to left: Power, HDMI out, optical out, HDMI in, 2x USB in, Kinect USB+Power, IR Blaster, ethernet

xbox-one-t-heverge8_1020_verge_super_wid

THANK YOU for clarifying this, there has been so many rumors it's driving me insane. Also I own a Scuf controller, would it be compatible with the Xbox One?

I just noticed that the Xbox One seems to have only 1 USB input that faces out and it's on the side of the console. Multiple wired controllers may get a bit messy when you're plugging them into the back.

THANK YOU for clarifying this, there has been so many rumors it's driving me insane. Also I own a Scuf controller, would it be compatible with the Xbox One?

At some point, they mentioned that the Xbox 360 controllers would not work with the Xbox One. but I'm not sure if they meant only the wireless ones or both wired and wireless. I wouldn't bank on it working on the X1, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Damn, that's not looking good then. Hopefully we'll be proved wrong @ E3. :/

The only reason the headsets might not work is the chat cable. You'll still be able to listen with Current Gen A40's but the chat cable isn't the 2.5mm cable it is now. It's what's keeping me from buying A40's

Smart idea, I don't want a wireless controller though..unless I'm playing Madden or something.

lan parties will sorta be a nuisance with the once-per-24hours connectivity thing. if you dont connect within 24 hours it shuts down and just becomes a heavy doorstop haha

lan parties will sorta be a nuisance with the once-per-24hours connectivity thing. if you dont connect within 24 hours it shuts down and just becomes a heavy doorstop haha

It doesn't shut down if you dont connect for 24 hours. you will just not be able to play most games, because they cant connect to cloud. But you can still use other features like watching tv's etc. 

But i agree that this is a problem for tournaments and Lan parties.

In my opinion it wont be issue for Tourneys . In evry place where it is held there is network anyway . If it will be connected via wifi update once per 24 hours wont be issue . To be honest im not thinking that Halo community will drop off xone for ps4 , or maybe not that huge number which is delcering this now

Smh It doesn't shutdown. This is how rumors start.