CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm aware you're upset I cheated on you, but I'm working around the clock to find a fix for you. 

It's too bad they couldn't work around the clock to begin with, so...you know, the game could be finished.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who wants to tell me why the boom and bandana skulls aren't in CE? They were there in 2011.

Also, has anyone who played campaign noticed the "par times" for some of the levels? AoTCR is 15 minutes and I believe Gravemind was 25. 15 minutes is a bad AoTCR speedrun time (with the canyon fall glitch) and I think a typical Gravemind speedrun will clear 25 minutes by a good margin. So how the hell were these determined? You sure as hell won't get close to either by playing normally. There are a few other long levels that I've noticed have these times too.

These people can't even get campaign right. I'm astonished.

Oh, and does anyone have a status report on CE online co-op? I know it was touch and go in 2011, is it better now? (he asks, knowing the only possible answer).

I played it fine last night, but that doesn't mean anything

You can kick people in H2A matches if you're the host lol...

The funny thing is that the most detrimental problem in your statement is not the 'kicking' part but the 'host' part...  :trash:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just played a team slayer game 5v6 on Lockout. I wonder when this get fixed.. the last tweet from the Halo twitter was 15 hours ago. Doesnt look good at all tbh.

The funny thing is that the most detrimental problem in your statement is not the 'kicking' part but the 'host' part...  :trash:

I guess its random then, I don't know how else you would get the option.

So i am really starting to think 343 was well aware of the problems in MCC prior to launch, but had no idea how to fix them. Combine that with limited resources towards MCC (I am assuming most resources are being utilized towards h5) and you got yourself one hell of a mess. 

I don't blame 343- they are under the gun. Two massive AAAs, MCC and halo 5 within a year. A very hard timeline to work with. 

I blame M$.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8.0Xbox One

NEW!UPDATE: 11/12/2014 HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION - REVIEW UPDATE ONE

There's no sugarcoating it: Halo: The Master Chief Collection's multiplayer component is broken. Users have reported extended wait times to access matches in every playlist (or "hopper," per Halo parlance). Polygon editors have had similar difficulties, and today I was unable to access a single match of any kind, encountering various error messages or endless queues, and even one full game crash to the Xbox One dashboard.

The Master Chief Collection's campaign element appears to be fully functional, so players aren't totally locked out of the experience the game is offering. But until 343 manages to make it multiplayer functional, our recommendation of the MCC has become considerably more qualified. http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/7/7076007/halo-the-master-chief-collection-review-xbox-one

So who wants to tell me why the boom and bandana skulls aren't in CE? They were there in 2011.

Also, has anyone who played campaign noticed the "par times" for some of the levels? AoTCR is 15 minutes and I believe Gravemind was 25. 15 minutes is a bad AoTCR speedrun time (with the canyon fall glitch) and I think a typical Gravemind speedrun will clear 25 minutes by a good margin. So how the hell were these determined? You sure as hell won't get close to either by playing normally. There are a few other long levels that I've noticed have these times too.

These people can't even get campaign right. I'm astonished.

I got the AotCR speedrun achievement last night without using any glitches.  I had to play on Easy and really be haulin' ass, but I got it by about 15 seconds.  Had to steal the banshee and fly it through the tunnels at the end.  It was actually a really satisfying achievement bc I had to work pretty hard for it.

Can someone explain to me why you can't change your vote once you cast it? It was a feature in Halo 4, so I know it was put in intentionally. What's the reasoning behind that decision? 

I don't blame 343- they are under the gun. Two massive AAAs, MCC and halo 5 within a year. A very hard timeline to work with. 

I blame M$.

How does that work though? I mean I understand we like to assume they are pressured from Microsoft to meet deadlines which is most likely true but regardless 343 IS the reason to blame. They dropped the ball and won't communicate with us because they are worried its going to make the community panic even more.

I dont give them a pass for this mess. Like you said having two massive AAA's this close is a bad idea so i'm not understanding why they decided to take this on anyways because its obvious they didn't have enough time to execute it correctly.

Can someone explain to me why you can't change your vote once you cast it? It was a feature in Halo 4, so I know it was put in intentionally. What's the reasoning behind that decision? 

Encourages you to think about your map choice, as you only get one vote. Better that way imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

So i am really starting to think 343 was well aware of the problems in MCC prior to launch, but had no idea how to fix them. Combine that with limited resources towards MCC (I am assuming most resources are being utilized towards h5) and you got yourself one hell of a mess. 

I blame M$.

I do and you should blame 343i. They don't have a gun to their head, they could grow some fucking balls and tell microsoft the game wasn't ready. Sorry, their name is on it. It's not an excuse. It's not your professor's fault if your paper was dog shit because of the deadline that you knew about a year in advance, they signed off on it, their name is on, they endorsed it, people took hard earned vacation days off to play it, spent tons of money on an xbone and mcc EARLY so they could play rathe than waiting for a bundle and are continuing to act like it's going to be a fixed quickly when we ALL know that it's going to more than likely be a month or two before anything works and even longer than we have ranks, which OH YEAH, 343I SPRUNG ON US A WEEK BEFORE. So no, 343i does not get a pass for essentially stealing people's money, their xbox live memberships, and their time. They delivered complete trash and it's a sad, sad day for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just found a match in team slayer, it turned into a 6v5. Max is a 5v5, so how does that work?

Do you expect MCC's matchmaking to deliver logic? :bman:

Unplugged console for a couple of minutes, powered it back on. Got the 'applying matchmaking update' or something like that and now seem to find games quicker.

Maybe coincidence.

Just found a match in team slayer, it turned into a 6v5. Max is a 5v5, so how does that work?

It was intentional and implemented in yesterday's update: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

I am assuming it is for testing purposes as they run a whole shit ton of data analysis.

Forge

I also am kind of bummed that one of my new favourite pieces (from Halo 4) not only didn't get "fixed" but didn't even return: the Dominion "Base Shield" item. I had really gotten good at using it as a visual cue for lighted pathways and such without it being too loud or obnoxious, and had even started building a map back in September that visually relied on it quite a bit, and now I have to find some sort of alternative that will ultimately not look nearly as good :/ I'll try out Forge in H4, too, even though I know anything I make will not ever be used in any sort of significant way; I'll at least have a rudimentary "blueprint" of sorts. I have a map that I started in September in H4 that, if I can't pull off the same kind of visual cues/tricks, I may just create in H4's Forge and let it rest there and make a purely functional version in H2A later.

I believe that Base Shields are still in the game.  I hear they're now classified as 'Infection Shields'?  I haven't checked it out myself though.  From what I'm hearing, you'll have to use primarily block pieces if you want your map to run smoothly.  Framerate seems to be about as bad as it was in Reach.  Specifically which pieces are problematic hasn't been determined yet, but maps with mostly block pieces are running the smoothest right now.  Also, don't trust the Performance Meter.  It's not completely reliable.

Quick question- is it a 2 shot beatdown in h2a?

Depends.  It's momentum based, just like the original Halo 2.  Jumping melee's do the most damage.  Running towards someone and meleeing does more damage than if you're standing still or moving backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was planning on playing some MM tonight, should I just put my dick in a blender instead?

343 studios made that blender, so I would highly refrain from using it.