CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I would love to know how this game passed QA.

As a QA tester for games I have the suspicion that it was extremely rushed through a QA team much smaller than the scope of the game needs.

I imagine it got rushed out to coincide with the Xbox One sale in order to let the hype shift more console units.

I think the vast majority of players bought the game for MP. The campaign is an afterthought.

The campaign is such an afterthought that 343 spent loads of time and money remastering the visuals and music for the entirety of the H2 campaign, as well as filming almost entirely new motion capture cutscenes to go alongside it. GG

• Downvote (-1) 12

I spend my money on an entire experience. For 59.99 plus tax, the entire game better be playable. If the campaign was half-assed and the MP was fully-functional, I would have 0 problem with some noob complaining about some dumb bug within the campaign. The logical thing is for people to want what they paid for, that is the logical thing. Get this shit together 343.

If you can't play the MP, why are you still trying?

• Downvote (-1) 9

The campaign is such an afterthought that 343 spent loads of time and money remastering the visuals and music for the entirety of the H2 campaign, as well as filming almost entirely new motion capture cutscenes to go alongside it. GG

someone who loves the working campaign part of the game is sounding extra salty right now

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you can't play the MP, why are you still trying?

So when should people start trying again? When they announce that they have released a "patch" and that things have improved. I mean they wouldn't say that if it weren't true would they?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude most people who game now just wanna get on and play with there friends, competitive players and casual players. So yeah imma say campaign is an afterthought for say 90% of people that got MCC. No idea why 343 put so much work into it Tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 6

someone who loves the working campaign part of the game is sounding extra salty right now

What are you talking about? I don't think I'm very salty compared to all the people constantly complaining about something completely out of their control. I've actually been enjoying the campaign, instead of wasting my time trying to find matches in MP, therefore I am much less salty than 90% of people on this forum.

Have you guys even touched the campaign yet? Halo isn't just about MP you know. I guess when I quickly realised the game was having technical issues in MM that campaign was gonna be the way to go for a bit, but apparently the logical thing for everyone else to do is stay in MP and whine constantly on forums when it doesn't work.

Nah, everyone Beyond Entertainment user hates campaign and wants it removed from the game.

Source: Reiku78.

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have you guys even touched the campaign yet? Halo isn't just about MP you know. I guess when I quickly realised the game was having technical issues in MM that campaign was gonna be the way to go for a bit, but apparently the logical thing for everyone else to do is stay in MP and whine constantly on forums when it doesn't work.

I hate campaign but I've tried playing it and experienced several issues like freezing/getting booted back to dashboard.

It's just as awful as MP.

So when should people start trying again? When they announce that they have released a "patch" and that things have improved. I mean they wouldn't say that if it weren't true would they?

Yes I suggest you try again when the next update comes out.

Dude most people who game now just wanna get on and play with there friends, competitive players and casual players. So yeah imma say campaign is an afterthought for say 90% of people that got MCC. No idea why 343 put so much work into it Tbh.

90%? That's funny.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah because that makes releasing a half-finished game at full price ok. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

What are you talking about? I don't think I'm very salty compared to all the people constantly complaining about something completely out of their control. I've actually been enjoying the campaign, instead of wasting my time trying to find matches in MP, therefore I am much less salty than 90% of people on this forum.

hey everyone your not aloud to complain about anything out of your control especially things you paid for and expect to work !

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm beginning to think these past couples updates actually were nothing and they are just taking advantage of our desperation and willingness to believe

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah because that makes releasing a half-finished game at full price ok. 

Didn't say that anywhere. All I said was that incessant complaining is not gonna fix anything. There is nothing you can do about it so stop getting worked up.

Didn't say that anywhere. All I said was that incessant complaining is not gonna fix anything. There is nothing you can do about it so stop getting worked up.

Go play some more buggy campaign please.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm beginning to think these past couples updates actually were nothing and they are just taking advantage of our desperation and willingness to believe

i said that when they first said they updated something. I think its all smoke and mirrors because they have no idea how to fix this shit right now. There just trying to keep people hopes up so they dont lose there entire fan base.

Hey guys I have a LAN I'm attenting this weekend am making a timer app that i went to test snapping to the Xbox One during gameplay.  Does anybody have a tested list of spawn times in Halo 1 MCC?

@@chumpp

Only certain models of phones can send a direct screen feed to Chromecast, mine is not one of them so I was unable to Chromecast your app to Xbox One Snap.  I've been able to get Youtube videos working from my phone WITHOUT chromecast however, and one of my professors thinks that through javascript and jvid we can get our apps snapping to the Xbox One WITHOUT chromecast from any mobile device.

At the very least we can record videos of our timers running on a Youtube video and Snap the Youtube app to the Xbone while controlling the video from mobile.

Thanks for the update. I would like to see that solution you are talking about. 

As for the times, I think they are basically averaging them. I saw one stream where it spawned a few frames before the first spawn I saw so I think they just get it close enough to 2 minutes or whatever and that is it. I don't think the spread is going to happen and it may not be frame perfect but it won't break the flow. I haven't tested it all that much, though. Been busy playing customs and work :-/

Good idea on the Halo Waypoint forums, uwdanman!

I really like what I'm seeing so far in terms of listing bugs and issues, very informative and hopefully easy for someone at 343 to send over to the team responsible. I suspect this "lazy" port of Halo PC is 1. because people are lazy, 2. Massive time constraints.

Without getting into the "why 343 chose the Halo PC codebase to begin with" discussion too much, it really shouldn't matter in the end as long as they put devs on it and these bugs and wanted fixes are taken care of. I think we can still appreciate Halo 1 on MCC, but I doubt it will be anything close to what many of you are used to on XBC and 2boxing on LAN.

I've run into a lot of H1 players that are really disliking everything about this release and I honestly hope that some of the H1 community can try to make the best of it, I really want this to pan out well too.

Edit:

Slightly mad, my damn game keeps on freezing, it's infuriating when you've first got 2v2s going... 

Fair point, but you can't blame people for getting pissed at this joke of a launch. Been hyped for this game for ages and some people have spent close to £$1000 just for this game, so it's understandable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I paid for campaign an when I search it makes my 2 other friends elites in the campaign playlist, 2v1,000s aren't fair!  :kappa:

Are we going to get any updates or hear from anyone at 343 today?

I still cannot believe how broken this game is. You have to have very little pride in your work to put something out this unfinished :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Hey guys, we really need to launch this on the 11th, we know it's not really complete, but you guys can get it done, right? Great, thanks!" And this is what happens when you have suits calling the shots.

• Upvote (+1) 6