CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The sound in Halo 3 is way off! If you wear headphones you will think a person next to you is shooting and nobody will be there. Let me guess, the testers for 343 didn't wear headphones so they never noticed this? What a joke!

I have just played H3 for the first time in campaign. It seems fine to me, it actually sounds better quality. Maybe it's just MP?

I could be the minority here but I'd have to agree with the jack wagon, Brad Pitt. I really liked the way Reach looked, especially the Spartan models. The customization of the helmets is what put it ahead of H3 IMO. Also, while on the subject Halo: Reach's medals from the Beta looked better than the final ones.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I found that staying in a game works good if everyone stays. Gets you multiple games in a row. If people leave it's best to restart the game and then search. I guess it's all part of the meta now.

@@Hitzel_89 We may have more luck summarizing these issues on the Halo Waypoint forums.  343's twitter called out the waypoint support forums they are watching for reported bugs.  I'd say set up some sort of bump train to keep it near the top as there are a lot of bug being reported.

?

Is there going to be player population counter on MM?

I want to know how many players on a play list that way I can guess how fast I can find a game (whenever this MCC FUBAR gets fixed).

It would be interesting to know how many players were lost due to this fiasco.

And to think that I just bought the xbox one 4 days ago only for MCC.  :angry:

I have just played H3 for the first time in campaign. It seems fine to me, it actually sounds better quality. Maybe it's just MP?

Yes, in multiplayer. I never play campaigns for games, I should have stated that in my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found that staying in a game works good if everyone stays. Gets you multiple games in a row. If people leave it's best to restart the game and then search. I guess it's all part of the meta now.

This.

Time to start an Occupy 343 and sit in their office until MCC is fixed.

I might consider because I'm about to lose it. It's not even funny anymore

NOT AT ALL! haha. I 3 shot beat down someone last night and didn't get the kill, he double melee'd me. I may have missed my beatdown, but I swear it landed. It's pretty ridiculous because he just ran straight at me without shooting, I shot 3 times and hit him and nothing... 

It reminds me of pre-patch halo 2 half the time. 4 beatdowns to kill someone. Grenades just don't do anything sometimes. SMG starts. This is just a nightmare. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you guys think it is possible that there are not enough servers for the amount of people playing? 

Is there also a source showing the amount of MCC Copies sold?

I agree completely with this statement. Holiday deals, H2's anniversary, the gigantic patch pre launch, etc. It all adds up, shame, but maybe in time we'll actually get a functional game :/

Your Sig is making me sad.

NOT AT ALL! haha. I 3 shot beat down someone last night and didn't get the kill, he double melee'd me. I may have missed my beatdown, but I swear it landed. It's pretty ridiculous because he just ran straight at me without shooting, I shot 3 times and hit him and nothing... 

DId that game happen to be on damnation?

There is no debate to be had. The obvious is clear, Halo's graphics have gone from cool, detailed, and realistic to dorky and cartoonish looking. If you say something stupid, you're gonna get negged.

6rm1qv1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just realized...

They took all of the maps from when Halo 3 LAUNCHED. So maps like Pit you can spawn in that upper room where its very hard to get up on so people can camp.

Epitath has all the shielded doors so shotguns and gravityhammers OP.

Snowbound is a campers dream.

Sigh...the fail list just grows larger by the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Polygon has lowered their review of the MCC from 9.5 to 8 because of multiplayer issues, can't say I blame them. But again, who the hell releases a score when the servers weren't live to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Actually in the year 2500 or whatever it isn't out of the realm of possibility to have super soldiers like Spartans. I mean the UNSC still uses bullet weapons. A test subject soldier fighting against a new breed of enemy to humanity?

It isn't all that impossible.  

We cannot define "realism" for a timeframe & future we know absolutely nothing about. Until that time comes, it is anything but "realistic".

I think this game is a month away from being functional, and a few months away from being deemed acceptable at launch.

Halo and MCC are taking irreparable damage right now. There are people trying to enjoy this game now that won't keep checking back when the game is supposedly "fixed". They are going to find out the game is broken, and ask for a refund within the first week.

Halo is losing population by the hour, population it will never gain back.

That's pretty sad. This will be what people always think of 343. This will be what people think of Halo, of Xbox One, of everything. And 343 deserves every bit of it.

This is 343's legacy. Halo 4 being the worst game in every way of the franchise, and the unimaginably botched launch of MCC that lasts months and months.

Somewhere Bungie is smiling, because 343 makes them and Destiny look good.

Totally agree with you- defiantly a month away from running smoothly.

I will cut 343 some slack- they have a giant dbag for a boss- M$. 

In perspective,they are launching two AAAs within almost a year of each other- MCC is something relatively innovative and new for console gaming (4 games in 1) and had no clue what to expect. I believe they were well aware of most problems, but did not have the resources to handle it. I can guarantee you much of their focus and attention has been H5. With so little time and so much do, they pretty much had to say fuck it and deal with the matter when it came. 

I just realized...

They took all of the maps from when Halo 3 LAUNCHED. So maps like Pit you can spawn in that upper room where its very hard to get up on so people can camp.

Epitath has all the shielded doors so shotguns and gravityhammers OP.

Snowbound is a campers dream.

Sigh...the fail list just grows larger by the day.

You do realise that those variants still exist in H3 MM to this day right? Of course they're going to use the originals.

• Downvote (-1) 1

anyone else feel like they cant see shit in H2A because of the lighting and stuff?

Im going back to COD for a while this is just terrible

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would love to know how this game passed QA.

Its not possible that it did. Its really disappointing, because the only way to show that this is completely unacceptable is to let the game and franchise that we all love die. But that is honestly what this release deserves this is just insulting more than anything.

And isn't Bravo the "community manager"? He should be on here everyday with updates, but he has posted in here once since release.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1