CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There is no debate to be had. The obvious is clear, Halo's graphics have gone from cool, detailed, and realistic to dorky and cartoonish looking. If you say something stupid, you're gonna get negged.

• Downvote (-1) 20

There is no debate to be had. The obvious is clear, Halo's graphics have gone from cool, detailed, and realistic to dorky and cartoonish looking. If you say something stupid, you're gonna get negged.

dude what are you serious right now?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay, I know hindsight is 20/20 and stuff... but would anyone have been unhappy or left wanting if, at E3, 343 merely announced a Halo 2 remake with full remastered multiplayer, forge, and theater? Halo 1 is master race, but I would have been satisfied with that, and I said as much leading up to it. Instead they promised us the world and delivered a dumpster fire, probably knowing the whole time that they were in over their heads and the final product wouldn't measure up.

I guess Microsoft thought that wouldn't sell enough XB1s or something. Either way, there's a lesson to be learned in all of this about not just over-promising and under-delivering, but about keeping things simple and contained, and understanding the paradox of choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is that right?

Of course, being a sensible, adjusted guy, you're taking into account that the word 'cartoony' when applied to anything other than a cartoon is pretty non-specific, and the disagreement might just be over the application of the word?

You know, like how most people I've encountered say halo is cartoony (1-3) because of the vibrant, colourful graphics and worlds, and Reach is not cartoony because they went out of their way to add grit and dirt and shitty looking metals, a departure from the classic Halo graphical style?

I'm sure you are.

dude what are you serious right now?

I will agree with him to some extent. IMO, H3 has the best graphics and after that they did feel much more "Cartoonish." - I am not to saying it is a bad thing, but defiantly different.

You're referring to art style, not graphics.

And I sort of agree. H4 and H2A multiplayer have a pretty lousy art style. H2A campaign, however, is tremendous. I said yesterday that Saber Interactive should just handle all the visuals in Halo from here on. They know how to stun you with color and detail while still keeping things really easy on the eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel as if the importance of halo should hinge solely on gameplay, why are we complaining about graphics?

Larry Sizemore, I agree that 343 should have made it Halo 2 only...with original Halo 2 as well as a full H2A with all maps remade. If they could have just emulated the Halo 2 playlists as well with Head to Head, Doubles, BTB Skirmish, Team Slayer, Team Skirmish, and Team Hardcore, all ranked of course. It would have been heaven on Earth.

Quick question- is it a 2 shot beatdown in h2a?

NOT AT ALL! haha. I 3 shot beat down someone last night and didn't get the kill, he double melee'd me. I may have missed my beatdown, but I swear it landed. It's pretty ridiculous because he just ran straight at me without shooting, I shot 3 times and hit him and nothing... 

EagleBurn, brightness doesn't equate to good graphics. What makes Reach's graphics the best Halo graphics are the great detail and realism. 343's Halo graphics are just ugly, undetailed, ultra bright and cartoonish.

Halo is about a 2,000 lb genetically augmented super soldier, hundreds of years in the future, flying around space on ring worlds fighting aliens, advanced organic-robot-looking beings, and parasitic zombie-like creatures, having a fully interactive AI as a best friend, and not afraiding of anything...

...Halo is not now, nor has it ever been about "realism".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never said anything stupid. You said reach is real halo due to the look of it. I can promise you, that you're the only one who defines halo by the graphic/art style of the spartan.

There's one thing people should realize. The publisher Microsoft, may have set deadlines that were non negotiable. This is not uncommon in software development. The devs can say time and time again that the product isn't ready but if the publisher decides it's time to release then that's it.

The clearly unfinished state of this game leads me to believe something like this happened. Nobody in 343 thought this game was done, I can almost guarantee that.

I agree completely with this statement. Holiday deals, H2's anniversary, the gigantic patch pre launch, etc. It all adds up, shame, but maybe in time we'll actually get a functional game :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Larry I was thinking the same thing, but for CE. 

That would've been great too, but Halo 2 was the game that had the hype because everyone was expecting a remaster for it for most of 2014.

Okay, I know hindsight is 20/20 and stuff... but would anyone have been unhappy or left wanting if, at E3, 343 merely announced a Halo 2 remake with full remastered multiplayer, forge, and theater? Halo 1 is master race, but I would have been satisfied with that, and I said as much leading up to it. Instead they promised us the world and delivered a dumpster fire, probably knowing the whole time that they were in over their heads and the final product wouldn't measure up.

I guess Microsoft thought that wouldn't sell enough XB1s or something. Either way, there's a lesson to be learned in all of this about not just over-promising and under-delivering, but about keeping things simple and contained, and understanding the paradox of choice.

I honestly would not have purchased it. The only reason I bought the MCC was for Halo CE online.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The sound in Halo 3 is way off! If you wear headphones you will think a person next to you is shooting and nobody will be there. Let me guess, the testers for 343 didn't wear headphones so they never noticed this? What a joke!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is about a 2,000 lb genetically augmented super soldier, hundreds of years in the future, flying around space on ring worlds fighting aliens, advanced organic-robot-looking beings, and parasitic zombie-like creatures, having a fully interactive AI as a best friend, and not afraiding of anything...

...Halo is not now, nor has it ever been about "realism".

Actually in the year 2500 or whatever it isn't out of the realm of possibility to have super soldiers like Spartans. I mean the UNSC still uses bullet weapons. A test subject soldier fighting against a new breed of enemy to humanity?

It isn't all that impossible.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i have no idea whats going on in this or if this is supose to happen but i thought it would be funny to share. Wish i could of caught our audio we were dying laughing the whole time. game is so broken.

We tryd some random custom game and 3 of us couldnt even get on the mongoose, then it started shooting us across the map without even pressing anything and switching us back an forth on the mongoose, shit was hilarious..

• Upvote (+1) 1

NOT AT ALL! haha. I 3 shot beat down someone last night and didn't get the kill, he double melee'd me. I may have missed my beatdown, but I swear it landed. It's pretty ridiculous because he just ran straight at me without shooting, I shot 3 times and hit him and nothing... 

Hahaha okay good to clear that up.

I have been getting screwed because of this- and to know the 3 shot beatdown does not work, looks like i will be giving kids the 4 shot  all day.

• Upvote (+1) 1