CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On the dashboard it says that my game is done downloading, but then when I try to access multiplayer, it tells me the Halo 5 beta portion is frozen at 50.5%. Do I really need to reinstall this and wait a couple more days and pray to the Gods it works? On top of that, I have no interest in the Halo 5 beta as it looks like Halo...cartoony and gimmicky. I just want to play some real Halo.

Halo 5 Beta portion? The beta isn't out yet.

I played customs no problem last night

H2A lag online is crazy

Good. Thought I was the only one.

Despite my being out of practice (really out of practice) and not at all being used to the XB1 controller (sticks and left-bumper especially), I felt like I couldn't hit a damn thing despite a steady BR. I'm also old and was playing on a huge LED big-screen and it was 3:30am, so... it's mostly just me & my setup, I think lol.

Also, I frequently (even in H2C) would be moving around, look at my radar and see nobody there, then suddenly someone's directly in front of me and has 1 or 2 shots on me out of nowhere. Not crouching, just... magically wasn't on radar. Very frustrating.

That, combined with nades being so damned strong (I'd often get naded and cleaned up before I even knew what was going on), I did extremely badly my first 2 games lol. Got 2 or 3 good snipes in at least, though.

Moa, it shows Halo CE at 100%, Halo 2 at 100%, Halo 3 at 100%, Halo 4 at 100% and a 5th game which I'm assuming is the Halo 5 beta at 50.5%...frozen there. So what should I do?

Moa, it shows Halo CE at 100%, Halo 2 at 100%, Halo 3 at 100%, Halo 4 at 100% and a 5th game which I'm assuming is the Halo 5 beta at 50.5%...frozen there. So what should I do?

That's 5th game sounds like H2A. I'd try hard resetting your console, should hopefully fix it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no interest in the Halo 5 beta as it looks like Halo...cartoony and gimmicky. I just want to play some real Halo.

I hate this word to describe vibrant colors and a unique color pallet. People have been calling Halo "cartoony" for years while praising Reach's washed out "so realistic so awesome XD" colors. And Halo: CE and Halo 3 have a similar color pallet, so I'm not sure what you mean by "real" Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, I frequently (even in H2C) would be moving around, look at my radar and see nobody there, then suddenly someone's directly in front of me and has 1 or 2 shots on me out of nowhere. Not crouching, just... magically wasn't on radar. Very frustrating.

I noticed this too, in my one legitimate game of H2C.. How does shit like this even happen? They just had to paste the game onto the disc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So yesterday I was searching with two friends in team slayer. The game puts a total of 12 players in the lobby. After 5 minutes nothing happens and everyone disappears. I back out of MM and somehow all 12 people are in my lobby. I tried to search slayer with this 12 people but it won't let me do to party size. So I then search big team, and it splits up teams of course. That was 1 of the 3 gamea I played all of (fucking) yesterday. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just want to get a game in before I gotta take the kid to school and head to work but nooooooo. I swear the next "update" is going to just set everyone's Xbox Ones on fire and burn down our houses.

EagleBurn, brightness doesn't equate to good graphics. What makes Reach's graphics the best Halo graphics are the great detail and realism. 343's Halo graphics are just ugly, undetailed, ultra bright and cartoonish.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Good. Thought I was the only one.

Despite my being out of practice (really out of practice) and not at all being used to the XB1 controller (sticks and left-bumper especially), I felt like I couldn't hit a damn thing despite a steady BR. I'm also old and was playing on a huge LED big-screen and it was 3:30am, so... it's mostly just me & my setup, I think lol.

That, combined with nades being so damned strong (I'd often get naded and cleaned up before I even knew what was going on), I did extremely badly my first 2 games lol. Got 2 or 3 good snipes in at least, though.

I posted this about the radar a page or two back. Glad it isn't just my imagination.

Honestly, I always thought that H3 was the most graphically gorgeous game thanks to the art style it had. I really don't love the game, but it's pretty to look at.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It works. Spread the word. Got my first game searching by myself.

Yea it doesn't.I've been doing this since the beginning.

I wish it did but at this point getting a game is so random you'd think you would have to sacrifice a lamb to bravo for it to be consistent.

So I had that glitch where you play against yourself

Pretty cool they should make that a feature IMO

Has anybody made I video of this I want to see.

Honestly, I always thought that H3 was the most graphically gorgeous game thanks to the art style it had. I really don't love the game, but it's pretty to look at.

Yeah and the simplicity of the player models made it easier to recognise what armour people are wearing. Reach and Halo 4 had loads more customisation, yet I never really noticed/cared what armour combination people had like I did in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EagleBurn, brightness doesn't equate to good graphics. What makes Reach's graphics the best Halo graphics are the great detail and realism. 343's Halo graphics are just ugly, undetailed, ultra bright and cartoonish.

Have to agree. I find it really difficult to play on any of the remastered maps due to the lighting and graphics. It literally is straining to my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will never get the realism praise.

Last I checked people played video games to escape reality and I wouldn't want the artstyle to represent reality.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whenever i try to play matchmaking, it says my privacy settings won't let me play. How do I fix this.

I think they're working on a patch for that.

Have to agree. I find it really difficult to play on any of the remastered maps due to the lighting and graphics. It literally is straining to my eyes.

i agree.. I've also heard people say they have gotten motion sickness from the h2a graphics

I think most people didn't appreciate Reach's graphics because of all the ugly forge world maps. It's too bad they never made the game DLC required. But if you look the amount of detail that went into the original maps as well as armor, weapons, and vehicles...it easily blows Halo 3 out of the water graphically speaking. Graphics kept improving from each game...Halo 1 through Reach. I'd take Halo 2's graphics over Halo 4 to be honest. 343's Halo graphics look like the game plays...gimmicky.

I hate this word to describe vibrant colors and a unique color pallet. People have been calling Halo "cartoony" for years while praising Reach's washed out "so realistic so awesome XD" colors. And Halo: CE and Halo 3 have a similar color pallet, so I'm not sure what you mean by "real" Halo.

He has Half a million kills in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1