CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Did you play battlefield at launch? With the rubber banding and the explosion sound bug among ALOT of others it was literally unplayable. It was so bad people took EA to court of it.

Not to mention the sound loop crash, dedicated server crashes, the dreaded "bf4.exe has stopped working", siege of shanghai levolution crash. the list goes on. On PC if you didnt have to right OS and system config you flat out could not play. period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So should I stay at school this weekend when all my roommates go home and try and get in some good quality Halo, maybe get in on the ASTRO 2v2 tournament, or should I go home as well and spend time with my family because I probably won't miss much.. 

Go home brah.....you won't miss anything

• Upvote (+1) 3

yeah it was 100x worse on the pc

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Ya when I say that I believe it's the worst launch I've ever seen, I should probably note that I don't really play PC games on launch day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope H5 has a huge MM game finding skill gap so smart people like OP and his brother end up on top of the leaderboards.

EDIT: just saw moa made the same joke, nvm

Will try this when I get home. I was only able to play about 2 matches of H2A (One 3v3 TS on Zenith, one Rumble on Zenith as well), 1 half-match of H3 TS on Heretic (shut it off due to being 4v3 and getting creamed, especially after another teammate wasn't even playing, so 4v2), and one game of H2C which I also got creamed in because I haven't played in, what... 7 years?  :lol: 

Although in my defense, not only has it been years since I played classic Halo, but it's been at least 4 months since I've played anything that wasn't Destiny or CoD's "Extinction" mode or whatever it was, they were my first matches of the night at 3:00am (was up working since 7am day before), I was playing on a 55" LED TV with no "game mode", and it was literally (other than for about 15-20 mins at a friend's house the other day) the first time I had ever played anything with the XB1 controller, which wow... that's different as hell.

On that topic: does everyone's controller have a HUGE dead-zone? It's almost like if I'm not pushing the right-stick all the way to the edge, aim will barely move at all. Once you get to about 70% or so, though, it flies. I don't like it; way too loose, way too large of a dead zone. Any good alternatives out there?

Other than a game in a 2v2 match on PGL yesterday against some guys from Europe, I've had absolutely no complaints about any connections... I might just be lucky. 

Something tells me this game is currently 100% peer to peer. The connection has not been consisted once, ranging from what seems to be 50 ping to 100.

At this point I just wish I could give truth serum out to 343 and ask them how much of this they knew was going to happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty much the only reason I play 8 sensitivity. That's so enjoyable to do.

8?!

Christ alive man. Even on XBOX ONE's looser-than-a-bargain-hooker sticks?

I don't even...

martin.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm for ever on end encountering new bugs... Just been put into a game 6v5 (I got split from my mate) and the playlist is only 5v5

This is ridiculous, in my own personal experience this has been the worst launch of all time. So many bugs and glitches, and even if they fix the servers and matchmaking issues right now it still wouldn't sway me. 

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that they released a game with so many flaws in it, whether they saw the server errors coming or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So should I stay at school this weekend when all my roommates go home and try and get in some good quality Halo, maybe get in on the ASTRO 2v2 tournament, or should I go home as well and spend time with my family because I probably won't miss much.. 

Spend time with your family. it's far more important than waisting hours of your time trying to get a pile of shit to turn into a video game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is ridiculous, in my own personal experience this has been the worst launch of all time. So many bugs and glitches, and even if they fix the servers and matchmaking issues right now it still wouldn't sway me. 

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that they released a game with so many flaws in it, whether they saw the server errors coming or not. 

I feel like a piece of crap because i talked my friends into getting an Xbox One and this game on day one so we could all play and bask in halo 2 glory again, I even said it would be the best $500 they would ever spend. Annnnnnnnnd now I'm a jerk.

Does anyone know if the bug update scheduled for 5PM PST last night has launched yet? They said it would be implemented as soon as the Xbox Live Service Alert was fixed, and it appears to be fixed--but the bug update page hasn't been updated since, and neither has the Halo twitter.

Did they already deploy this update?

Currently, there is an existing Xbox Live Services issue that is impacting several Xbox games, including Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As soon as Xbox Live services return to normal, we will deploy our latest server-side update to further improve matchmaking. For up-to-the-minute updates on Xbox Live Service Status, please check the support page here:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status 

On the dashboard it says that my game is done downloading, but then when I try to access multiplayer, it tells me the Halo 5 beta portion is frozen at 50.5%. Do I really need to reinstall this and wait a couple more days and pray to the Gods it works? On top of that, I have no interest in the Halo 5 beta as it looks like Halo...cartoony and gimmicky. I just want to play some real Halo.