CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I like when I play warlock or sanctuary and I spawn with the other team. Fun times!

Also my clan tag is currently "Searching..." to sum up our collective experience with this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

well at least they took out BTB saying it was 16 man 6v6

baby steps

• Upvote (+1) 3

In my theory crafting, I have concluded 1 guy was in charge of halo 1 for mcc. I don't get how all these jarring flaws can get past a group of people. 1 guy must have slapped hcea anniversay on halo pc and called it a day. That's what it looks and feels like.

XBC at least looks smooth; it doesn't have fake beatdowns and bullets even if they are delayed. PC/MCC has fake fucking bullets. how is that netcode?

seriously with how it is now, the guys over at 343 should have ported over the original xbox, put host on dedicated servers, and called it a day. probably would have taken them less time and yielded better results.

also rockets on h1 mcc are a joke. blast radius of a halo 3 brute shot.

good news is we can start over. halo mcc is completed downloadable so just add "OG halo" to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

love how there is no penalty for leaving a game -.-

Are you nuts? Half the time the game kicks me, I'm sure people leaving the game really don't want to, the game is probably kicking them. On the other side if it's a 5v2 on heretic and I'm on the team of two you can bet your ass I'm gonna quit. I quit when I'm on the team with 5 players also, that's not fun for anyone.

I can only imagine how angry id be if they gave me a 30 min ban for quitting too much. I'm already pissed off as is.

When they fix this id support a penalty for quitting in ranked playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

After seeing the Walmart Xbox One Halo MCC bundle, my theory is that Microsoft wanted to release at all cost in November, before black friday to help them move consoles.

The sad thing, is actually working. Me and a lot of friends bought and are buying the Xbox one just for the MCC.

Most games that I play there is compensation for screwups like this. So whenever the company messes up, I'm like "Alright, no big deal. I just wait it out and I get some cool compensation. No biggie".

But with this, we have no idea how long it will be until they fix it and there is absolutely nothing they can give us in compensation. The only thing I could think of is free DLC for H2A but we know that will never happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Making h5 beta an extra week longer is the only idea I can think of for a compensation. But most people just want to play h1/h2 or whatever

• Upvote (+1) 1

Killed a Jackel in the H2A campaign and for some reason he flipped, landed with his head in the ground, and started twitching repeatedly like he was breakdancing.....

I'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen.

After watching the H5 footage, I think it's safe to say that it would be more of a punishment.

well after reading /r/xboxone and /r/halo at least the general public seem alright with it lol. Though maybe im wrong with that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most games that I play there is compensation for screwups like this. So whenever the company messes up, I'm like "Alright, no big deal. I just wait it out and I get some cool compensation. No biggie".

But with this, we have no idea how long it will be until they fix it and there is absolutely nothing they can give us in compensation. The only thing I could think of is free DLC for H2A but we know that will never happen.

well I know one thing they could add. Have MCC support the Halo Editing Kit for Halo 1. We could make maps on the computer and download them to our xbox via flash drive.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 is honestly very lucky that this is happening to the MCC and not Halo 5. So many people already know just how great halo 1 and 2 are, and there are others that love the hell out of Halo 3, and most of these people will end up waiting for things to iron out because of how awesome it will be. However, if this had happened to a brand new game, for example, halo 5. I'd be surprised if many people would be willing to wait.

Edit: Should add that I hope this or worse does happen with Halo 5, because if the game isn't completely redone before launch(I know it wont be), then I hope that it is a colossal failure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are also a multitude of terrible graphical bugs and screw ups in the H2A remastered campaign. So many graphical errors, you can barely see the scorpion and guass hog shot, the sentinel beam is bugged and is shot from 2 different angles (really weird) and banshee trails are painted in the air for some reason. The whole experience feels like it was made by a halo modder.

Honestly this game seems more rushed than the original Halo 2 that was shipped in 2004.

Things I noticed today vs yesterday.

-Customs were way easier to get into.
-The people in the customs were able to switch teams before every game without issues.
-Was able to chat with everyone. No party/lobby chat issues
-Was able to get into more MM games today. And played 3 CE games 3v4, and 4v4 back to back without having to search between games. 

My experience was excellent today, because I was able to play the game I love in customs with zero issues. 

The hit detection is CE is still confusing the shit out of me. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you don't, and sometimes you hit behind the player. The updated and improved game play can not come soon enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The hit detection is CE is still confusing the shit out of me. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you don't, and sometimes you hit behind the player. The updated and improved game play can not come soon enough. 

That all comes down to playing on hosts and with different pings. It should steady out, or at least I hope it does.

Agree that is can be really confusing from game to game or moment to moment. Like the connection is just bugging out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things I noticed today vs yesterday.

-Customs were way easier to get into.

-The people in the customs were able to switch teams before every game without issues.

-Was able to chat with everyone. No party/lobby chat issues

-Was able to get into more MM games today. And played 3 CE games 3v4, and 4v4 back to back without having to search between games. 

My experience was excellent today, because I was able to play the game I love in customs with zero issues. 

Really disappointed with CE so far.  One of the things I was really excited for was to truly learn competitive CE but the netcode at the moment is worse than 360 H3.  Cannot wait for a patch to possibly fix the CE online experience but there is just SO much that needs patching

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really disappointed with CE so far.  One of the things I was really excited for was to truly learn competitive CE but the netcode at the moment is worse than 360 H3.  Cannot wait for a patch to possibly fix the CE online experience but there is just SO much that needs patching

I've been playing on a variety of hosts the past couple days, and haven't had any real issues with netcode. Are you basing your experience on seeing shots ping off the other guy, or are you leading your shot based off the hitsounds?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is annoying the fuck out of me.....sometimes host feels like its off host and off host feels impossible at times...

ridiculous 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got into a H2A game with a 343 employee who was getting raped and quit out.  GT: oml3t ... lolololololololololololol